Best sativa?

• Thread starter Biggestpothead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Biggestpothead

Most growers have the indis on lock but what about the sativas?
What is the most potent or most preferrable sativa? Hazes, Thai, Durban , Malawi,Laos, Vietnam, Hawaiian, colombian,afghan,Nigerian,new guinea, indian, Jamaican, oaxacan, Swiss I know I'm missing a bunch.....

jagle

jagle

ive grown killing fields from sannie, the only really proper sativa ive grown and smoked and loved it.
2 pheonos, purple is a longer flowering more head high, green was shorter and way more indica stoned, with the purple taste and a lil bit of a head high

gonna be growing sannies jack next time round too

B

Biggestpothead

Nice.. Heard good things about killing fields but I was looking for a more pure sativa. Landrace or a hybrid of landraces. I bet the best sativa is a pure landrace hoarded on some remote location of the world.

B

Biggestpothead

Yea sativas are inconsistent but some are well worth it. Haze Hawaiian snow
durbans I don't have much experience with them but I hear sativas are the best

B

Biggestpothead

Haze Hawaiian Snow is not a land race strain,Durban is very inconsistent!!!

They are both a mix of pure landraces Haze and Hawaiian snow. I heard many good things about Durban so it can't be that inconsistent unless everyone has the same cut.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Hazes shouldn't be mixed in with the list of landrace sativas ya keep say'n bro, as haze(s) are a mix of at least 3 different landrace strains. PeAcE

B

Biggestpothead

Hazes shouldn't be mixed in with the list of landrace sativas ya keep say'n bro, as haze(s) are a mix of at least 3 different landrace strains. PeAcE

Exactly why I mentioned it. If u pay attention you will notice I said landrace or mix of landraces just like Hawaiian snow. Pure landraces are very rare and a mix of two or three landraces is fine, the problem is when people cross strains over and over there's too much going on. U might have ten or more strains in one on most of the stuff we smoke. Insight is welcome!!!

T

TROCOLO

Hello

I would like to add myself to this discussion.

I agree with Wizard of Oz.

It is a pity that many of the most wonderful sativa landraces of the world have disappeared or are endangered. Specially when they disappear due to hybridization with new fancy hybrids or they are abandoned for a more profitable strain.

Originally Posted by m0ng00se View Post
Thai Stick - the true story

Okay everywhere I go on the web these days I see all these stories about the legendary Thai Stick from the 70's. I also see Seedbanks getting in on the act and purporting to sell the real strain that was used to make Thai stick.

My research and personal experience indicates that they are all simply making up a whole lot of rubbish.

I live in NZ which was the transit point for Thai Stick all over the world. I was there in the 70's and hooked into the Thai Stick distribution network run by Marty Johnstone and Terry Clarke.

Thai stick was known as "Buddha Stick" and as far as I know it was the Mr. Asia syndicate that coined the phrase. From memory this is actually explained in the out of print book about Terry Clarke. Anyway I have read some seedbank breeders from the 70's claiming all sorts of rubbish about "Buddha Sticks" coming from India which is rubbish. Buddha sticks have always referred to nothing but genuine Thai Stick and the "Elephant Stick" was a cheap Indian knockoff of the real Thai Stick.

Thai stick was the trippiest, most potent weed on the planet. End of story. Anybody who actually tried the real thing will tell you that and they will just laugh at you when you start going on about "White Widow" or some other fancy Dutch strain. The weed coming out of South East Asia at that time was stronger than anything that is around these days. As well as Thai Stick there was also "tripping weed" coming out of Sumatra and Vietnam that .... well you really have to try it to understand. The high is more like an acid trip than a weed experience.

Many people in later years have claimed that Thai Stick was so strong because it was dipped in opium, heroin water or hash oil. This sounds quite reasonable until you look at how much Thai Stick the Mr Asia syndicate was actually moving around the world. Dipping 500,000 sticks at a time is a pretty expensive way to do business. The book on Terry Clarke goes into quite a bit of detail about every shipment and it doesn't mention dipping the sticks in anything. Why would they even bother? They were already moving the strongest weed anyway that was selling faster than they could supply it? Still maybe they did dip it because when the weed dried up (Thailand couldn't grow enough of it fast enough to keep up with demand) the syndicate became the biggest Pacific rim heroin smuggler in the world.

It is generally accepted that the true Thai Stick strain is now extinct. The Mr Asia syndicate was buying all that could be produced and it is said that they were the ones who introduced Pakistani indica genetics to the growers. It was said that real Thai Stick took nine months to grow and mature so they crossed it with hash plant to get two or even three crops per season instead of one. I have no idea if that is true but something certainly did happen that killed Thai Stick stone dead. We started getting inferior sticks that were made up to look like the originals but the weed was different. Less potent, green instead of brown and a totally different taste and effect.

Contrary to popular belief, smokers did not embrace the new Dutch weed or believe it was more potent. That is just good marketing by the Dutch. The hippies complained loud and long about the new "chem schwag" that was replacing their beloved sun ripened golden sweet and spicey strains. We just got sick of complaining in the end.

For the record, the real Thai Stick came from Udon in East Thailand and I have never seen any Thai seeds in seedbanks that originated from this province.

Here are links to the original story of Thai Stick:

http://g-word.blogspot.com/2004/12/brigadoon.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Johnstone
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Thai-stick

The last link states that Thai Stick declined in popularity when stronger local weed came on the market. This is rubbish. I was there at the time in the middle of it all. Thai Stick never declined in popularity at all. It simply dried up and you couldn't get it anymore and everybody still wanted to get it and they still want to get it thirty years later. It was the fact that you couldn't get Thai Stick any longer that actually started the weed revolution. People all over the world suddenly started seeking out Asian and Columbian strains and growing them because they missed the Thai weed.

As a side note... after the Mr asia syndicate started falling apart the Australian Police busted one of the biggest commercial cannabis growing operations of all time (outside Mexico and Columbia). A huge Queensland syndicate was growing hundreds of acres (the police suppressed a lot of information at the time) of Thai weed right in the middle of the Queensland sugar cane belt. Many of the plants were reported to be 18ft high upwards. This stuff was almost as strong as original Thai Stick which sort of kills the dipped in opium theory. Not long after that NZ and Aussie were flooded with weed from Sumatra in Indonesia, apparently also grown by a huge syndicate. Once again that was killer weed far stronger than any Dutch strain I've ever tried.

In the last few years the rumours are that Papau New Guinea now has the killer weed. They call it 'Niugini gold' ....

If anybody could actually get their hands on some then we may find out that it is the new Thai Stick?

Now if anybody has any Niugini Gold seeds.... please PM me immediately ....

m0ng00se

Best regards.

johnursery

johnursery

ace seeds was working with highland meao thai, i think it's the same thai that they used for the strain Destroyer might be a good place to look for a potent thai, or delta 9 labs mekong haze...as far as best sativa thats highly subjective, youll have to find your favorite, test drive a bunch and see what calls your name, happy hunting p.s. my votes for SMCG

B

Biggestpothead

Landrace sativas are rare and to hard to find. I'm looking for a decent flowering time or one that can be grown indoors. This is why most people just get hybrids.
I mean I want the quality pure sativa high but indoor growing makes it imPractical. Colombian and Thai's take 4 months to flower...sucks. I guess I have to get stoned and not high like everybody else.

convex

convex

So many growers veg production indica's for 6 to 8 weeks prior to flower ...

Yet sativa slips put straight into flower will often finish faster than the indies when you factor for an extended veg?

Seems like less work to me ...

Cheers

A

A.Sherman

So whats the best up clear happy not racey and shortest flower time.

I would assume a good mexican is what im looking for, like oaxacan or michoacan. Where do you get one of those lines, and how long do they take.

T

TROCOLO

I'm not an indoor grower, but I think that if you grow a pure sativa from seed with 12/12 light cycle, in small pots you can avoid height problems and it will be ripe fast. If you grow from a cut it is even faster.

This type of plants are the best for SCROG growing.

The only problem is that they need a huge amount of light intensity.

Greetings.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
im with northone, less light indoors for the sallies, they tend to shoot spikes right up under the lamps, appear to blow out with to much light. off to the side they do well.

as for which sativa i like best, its always been haze and her hybrids. a good lime haze is hard to beat, most ive grown are finishin at the 14 wk mark.

token on a SourHaze plant at present and its the best that has come outta that cross in years. decent density with great jolly rancher candy aromas and taste. head bangin goodness:D

12wks on it.

CBF

P

PoopyCoopy

vertical bulbs for satty's and trees are best for over all yield.

T

TROCOLO

Hi

If they need not much light intensity and even less than 12 hours of light per day. They are even better suited for indoor growing than I thought.

Greetings.

Top Bottom