Best soil to use?!

• Thread starter Kyvsplash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kyvsplash

So I went ahead and got my nutrients before I got my soil! So I figured lets slow down and do a little more diligence, I purchased Earth Dust all natural nutrients (ill add pic), now my question is simple. They suggest Fox Farms, Royal Gold or Roots Organic Potting Soil....so which one is best? (this is my first grow and itā€™ll be outdoor, trying to have the least hassle possible)
Best soil to use

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Okay okay now weā€™re getting somewhere, and then mix it with the nutrients!

How many bags do you think would be good for 5-7 plants?

Hold off on the nutrients for a bit unless there NO BURN organic stuff, The soil already has a TON of nutrients built in a " super " soil if you will not a true water only but still water only for the first 3-6 weeks or more.

5-7 plants depends on how many gallons..

the bags are usually 1.5 Cu ft if you get the bigger ones. So do the math and go from there :D

K

Kyvsplash

Hold off on the nutrients for a bit unless there NO BURN organic stuff, The soil already has a TON of nutrients built in a " super " soil if you will not a true water only but still water only for the first 3-6 weeks or more.

5-7 plants depends on how many gallons..

the bags are usually 1.5 Cu ft if you get the bigger ones. So do the math and go from there :D

E95327C5 D370 4E86 A1F9 6B484081E7AA

So I shouldnt add the nutrients to the potting soil?

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Using soils with a high gradient of nutrients built in can be a really good way to beet a Juno on what your plant needs.
however I have found that some of the really hot soils will also hold too much water. Adding the coco or perlite will go a long way to assist with the drainage in the soil.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Using soils with a high gradient of nutrients built in can be a really good way to beet a Juno on what your plant needs.
however I have found that some of the really hot soils will also hold too much water. Adding the coco or perlite will go a long way to assist with the drainage in the soil.

this is a good tip I ammended my soil with extra perlite as well to help drainage.

K

Kyvsplash

Okay so let me just make sure Im getting this right; for the vegetative stage I should combine my Foxfarm Happy frog/ocean forest and then add perlite/coco and NOT add the Earth Dust base nutrients which is clearly stated in the description to just add it to the potting soil to create a living soil? Im just a bit confused

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Okay so let me just make sure Im getting this right; for the vegetative stage I should combine my Foxfarm Happy frog/ocean forest and then add perlite/coco and NOT add the Earth Dust base nutrients which is clearly stated in the description to just add it to the potting soil to create a living soil? Im just a bit confused

Yes the soil your buying ALREADY HAS NUTRIENTS BUILT IN.. your being redundant adding more. :D

K

Kyvsplash

Yes the soil your buying ALREADY HAS NUTRIENTS BUILT IN.. your being redundant adding more. :D

So all I should be doing is using the potting soil and the perlite and then top dress with boost šŸ˜‚ which I didnt buy, I bought base for the initial stages...so Im literally using just the potting soil and watering with water balance between 6.3ph-6.7ph till flowering when id top dress with the boost nutrients?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
So all I should be doing is using the potting soil and the perlite and then top dress with boost šŸ˜‚ which I didnt buy, I bought base for the initial stages...so Im literally using just the potting soil and watering with water balance between 6.3ph-6.7ph till flowering when id top dress with the boost nutrients?

Now your getting the hang of it :D:D:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom