Best solution for spider mites

• Thread starter ogwon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ogwon

Ive tried avid, azamax, flora mite and pyrethrum. It all seems to not work. Mites still are there. A friend just told me to try tetra.Any body have any experience with Tetra? He mixes it with floramite and sprays at same time. Please share any tips on how to get rid of these lil bastards...Thanks all!!

urbanfog

urbanfog

50/50 alcohol water mists for 3 days then again and repeated until no signs, personally when bad I use hotshot's with ventilation off at night and persistence. I have also added rosemary to both my veg and flower tents as I have read a lot on them and rosemary not getting along ;)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

What's the scenario? Veg or flower what weeknbut most importantly can you shut down and start over and prevent.....most my mistakes come from trying to live with them now I prevent them.....good luck

Greenjean

Greenjean

Persistence is key, but also try alternating between different products.

I use a 3 week schedule, then 2 weeks off then a 3 week schedule. When I don't see mites in the colder months, I keep all 3 of my products organic, mostly oils and magic green.
Last summer I had to really fight those guys off, so it was death and destruction till they were gone. I used Avid, Azamx, & floramight.

Haven't seen one since then. :happy:

frebo

frebo

Ive tried avid, azamax, flora mite and pyrethrum. It all seems to not work. Mites still are there. A friend just told me to try tetra.Any body have any experience with Tetra? He mixes it with floramite and sprays at same time. Please share any tips on how to get rid of these lil bastards...Thanks all!!
I have used lady bugs and a mite predator I got at a grow shop and had pretty good luck getting rid of them. I got 4500 lady bugs for less than $20. Be very careful with avid. I use it but only when really bad(most years). Have you tried Organiside or Neems oil?

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I use about 7 different products in veg on a random cycle. I keep all product in same area and grab a different one each week or two. I rinse plants with just a water bottle sprayer in between. I just started picking one up at the shop when i could and steadily built my arsenal. I do not have caps packs yet but they are on the list.
I hit the plant until second week in flower. Then no more. It seems to keep them at bay if they are around and if they are not then I still don't see them.
I will randomly pull all plants out of area(which can be difficult for some individuals) and spray the room walls and floor with fans off to let it soak in. Then move everything back in when dry. Also a good shop vac comes in handy in keeping floors and corners in both rooms clean. A organized and clean space can do wonders.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Whenever I see mites surfacing Ill cycle foliars back and forth between OGbiowar foliar/root pack tea diluted 50/50 and then 3 days later ill foliar with a neem cake/karanja cake tea ( 1.5 cups neem and karanja cake and liquid kelp brewed in 3 gallons for 24 hrs and then add liquid yucca extract before spraying). Cycle weekly. Always best to catch them quick, wait too long and you'll become permanent roommates with these mofos.

Nomads Landing

Nomads Landing

We've just had great luck with Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew (spinosad), and a buddy of ours (used to work for high times) highly, couldn't stress it enough, Mighty Wash. Seamaiden recommends a medicinal grade rosemary oil, alcohol, water, and vegetable glycerin mix which I think we are going to test on a quarantined subject while we have the chance. Well here are some more options...

sixstring

sixstring

I use bugz and it seems to work well.you can get 1500 ladybugz for around 15 bucks and they stay good in the fridge for about a month.make sure they have water when you release them into the garden and they seem to do better if released at night.you could use the biowar first and a few weeks later put some bugz in there as insurance.gl
Lb pw

frebo

frebo

This subject has been beaten to death. Check out the other threads. There a lot of good products but use more than one and at first every three days until you get the under control. Sea maiden has some great ideas for home made remedies.

ken dog

ken dog

azamax... when I first got started, I got some clones... They were infested. I used azamax on the clones every 4 days for 2 weeks... They completely disappeared.

I almost killed off the Clones though... but I don't care.

Jboys3

Jboys3

I had a slight issue with my perpetual bloom room so I used a couple of different products and techniques to get rid of them.

First in Bloom Room I only used a product called 'No Spider Mites'. According to the label it can be used right up to harvest. However, I don't recommend using it on plants you are about two weeks from harvesting.

Secondly I used a receipe I got from another grower on this site and it worked amazingly. However, in my opinion; it should only be used in the Veg Room right before you transfer your plants to the Bloom Room, and never in the Bloom Room.

Here is his receipe:
3 ml Avid & 60ml Azamax to 1 gallon of 100 degree [warm] water. mix and spray on your plants. Should work for at least 40 days, but in my case it took care of my issue.

Best defense is a good offense. Keep a clean room and space!!

ken dog

ken dog

Dang avid in bloom. Yikes. I wouldnt smoke that if I were you.

same here... Destroy the crop and start over.
don't forget to take some clones and treat them... spider mites need to be eradicated completely... their feces is terrible to smoke.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Since when did CAps bennies kill mites? Good shit, fur shure....but I dont believe that.

Sns217 costs alot, but its works for me.

Avid in flower?....ummm. ..WTF?...this is why I only smoke my weed.

Top Bottom