Best Strain for a Small Cabinet Grow

• Thread starter HypnoToad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HypnoToad

Aside from the autoflowering/lowryders/etc, what strains available here from the breeders would be best for a small cab grow? Vertical space is very limited here.

Thanks,
HT

R

Rolln J

I grew g13 and northern lights pretty well with 4 feet 8 inches clearance between the light and the floor, used 2 400s in about a 30 inch by 60 inch area - was a very nice stealth spot that did well.

T

Titoon_29

autoflowering is for outdoor imo, you can induce flowering whenever you want indoor...

you take cuts from a mother plants, start flowering as soon as they root, and yield and quality should be better (all females, all good genetics) - even if some autoflo are quite good, most of them are not...

i ld go for a quick flowering indica/sativa hybrid, the chronic from serious is well known for its yield, some super skunk from sensi is also a good pick - cheap, good yield, strong high....

++

nuttso

nuttso

u have to lst and pinch. I'm building a similar cabinett for a friend. i'll try some mango, c99 (if i find a cut), ssh (maybe ojd's SD version).

P

Pistil Pete

If you reduce veg time you can grow almost anything in a small cabinet.
You can flip your rooted clones to 12/12 as soon as they show new growth (7-10 days) and most of them will produce one single cola that stays under 12" tall.
I've done it with Afghani, AK47, Bubba Kush Bx1, K2, ECSD, Laughing Buddha, g13, to name a few.

H

headband707

The best strain for you is the one you like the most??? Whether that be a sleepy strain or wake up strain ?? You have to decide which you like and go with that.. Others can't decide for you.. As far as size look at other ppl's gro and see what will fit for your space. Most important will be your seed! peace out Headband707

H

HypnoToad

Thanks for the advice everyone. I was planning to go to 12/12 right from the start since my new stealth cab in construction is a HON 4 drawer file cabinet I got for 60 bucks. They have some awesome office furniture liquidators in my area, so I can get office furniture uber cheap. Anyway, I'm going to split this into 2 chambers each with a 250 HPS, 1 ballast made from the base components, and a relay that switches between the lights every 12 hours. So far, with the preliminary design, I'm looking at 14+" clearance. Eventually I'll install a bubbleponics system, since that can be built with a low profile. I'm hoping to use the whole space inside for the grow and put any wiring, relays, ballasts, etc, on the top of the cabinet which will be hidden by another container. I hope to fit 18 plant sites in each chamber. Overall dimensions for each chamber are 24"l x 14"w x 24"h.

HT

S

supasticky

2 foot clearance? how much of that is going to be taken up by the light? 6-8"? you should definitely think about doing more, small, plants rather than a just a few that you let go a little longer. I would suggest also using clones, they can flower as soon as they root. Seeds need a longer time to establish itself and need to grow about 12" before they can flower and then they could potentially double or triple in size. Topping your plant as in actually going down like 4 or 6 nodes and cutting off the top would be a better top for you than the whole pinching method I think. Some strains I would sugest are, Green Crack, Big Bud, Tsunami, and G13. Big Bud would probably be your best bet, the internodes are so stacked that if you grow a bunch of small plants from clones they will only be like a foot tall and each plant will just be one huge rock solid bud. It looks pretty cool actually. Also remember not to give your plants to much pot space to grow or they will take off on you.

-Supa

:afroweed:

H

HypnoToad

Yes, 6" for the light, and 6" for the pots or container. I was going to place the plants 4" apart, and grow them like you said. Staight to flower, top early, and have 1 single huge cola per plant. in a 14" x 24" that's around 18 plants. I don't think I could fit anymore in there if i wanted to. Here is a link to show everyone what I'm talking about.

Once I get it setup, I'll try to post some pics.

HT

S

supasticky

If you top in the very early weeks of flowering you will get a funny looking top that is two nugs that eventually meet and form one, very large, bud.

T

themist

Afropips has a strain called "fast blast" that is supposed to rival autos in grow time. According to their info, if put straight into 12/12, they will finish in less than fifty days with a moderate yield, and less than 18" in height. Here's a link to their site, but I ordered mine from the attitude bank, and I think there sold out there.

G

guineapig

I have seen this done by training a plant within the cabinet, making the stem whirl around the insides of the cabinet.....you could use a traditional strain and set up a small metal trellis so that the plant grows in circles around the corners of the inside of the cabinet.....

its tough to choose a strain, though, for sure......good luck hunting!!!!

:flower flower power from guineapig :flower

D

Dubsta

Just find a strain that doesn't stretch much. My RM Sour Diesel is a perfect choice. You can flower staight into 12/12 and get a foot or so taller solid nug. no bunk buds, u cut off all the lower stuff. some strains don't do well flowered from 12/12 though.

Pissed i lost my RM SD 06 male, only got F2 male. My F2's i made are perfect, All the females look like twins. Making a Bx1 to it and some F3's. Still have 30 or so F2's and some RM Pink Kush x RM SD.. Those were all hit with my super SD stud i lost. I got some good plan's on some good cross's Ill be making and giving out for free.

B

bigyieldsonly

just get a indica and flower it when it shows new growth g.d.p purplecream etc...

H

HypnoToad

ok,

So here's what I chose. Third Dimension from Subcool/TGA, and the Fly pack from Mosca which has C99 BX1 and some secret strain I'm curious about. Also, my cab plans have changed. Vertical space is no longer an issue.

Peace,
HT

Top Bottom