Best strains for mold resistance? version 2010

• Thread starter lurkernomore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lurkernomore

Sativa's seem to be best, in my experience, but I have trouble finishing them on time as my season ends oct 1.

"early pearl" from sensi seeds used to be a fantasic strain as it was mostly sativa yet finished in time for me. However, this strain has changed. I recently tried it and it was nothing like it was years ago, it basically sucked. I guess its hard to keep the same parentals alive forever.

the worst seem to be any indicas from dry arid regions ie kushes & afghanis - but only in my experience

and of course, indoor tweeked big bud type plants with huge dense buds are a reciped for disaster outside.

Some sativas from misty jungles are almost bullet proof as far as mold but unfortunately they usually have insane flowering times. Even when crossed with an indica they are usually too long.

thanks for any and all input

F

farmerjohn

Sativas don't seem to be an option for you, with an October 1st finish date. Blueberrys & crosses, I am told, do well in this area & finish in a respectable amount of time. You might just use the internet resources or the ones here, to research outdoor strains. I'm sure they will discuss mold resistance. One point for you would be to set out cuttings, as opposed to seedlings. So many strains are being offered that you can put out late & bring in early, when clones are used, that some of them must be highly mold resistant.

L

lurkernomore

Sativas don't seem to be an option for you, with an October 1st finish date. Blueberrys & crosses, I am told, do well in this area & finish in a respectable amount of time. You might just use the internet resources or the ones here, to research outdoor strains. I'm sure they will discuss mold resistance. One point for you would be to set out cuttings, as opposed to seedlings. So many strains are being offered that you can put out late & bring in early, when clones are used, that some of them must be highly mold resistant.

thanks farmerjohn,

its dicey to clone early strains but it can be done @ 22 hours of vegatative light, and I agree its a good idea. If one really wants to do the work they can cross a super early strain x a "faster than usual" branchy sativa and keep a clone of their best preformers. the fall is when the cold moisture/mold, rippers, hunters & leos are out playing. tis best to beat em and lose a bit of yield with an early crop! :icon_spin:

peace

curandero2012

curandero2012

Malana Cream from RSC is a very good one, which is also mold resistant because the area where Malana is coming from is very humid.Some started to flower at 52 N.

Namaste :bong2:

L

lurkernomore

Malana Cream from RSC is a very good one, which is also mold resistant because the area where Malana is coming from is very humid.Some started to flower at 52 N.

thanks for that - I've never bought anything from RSC, their plants seem to be resin machines.

This could work fine, crossed with early wonder skunk... could :)

Product 12410050252670adfbbaf2102large1
curandero2012

curandero2012

Another one is a possibility as this strain is also frost resistant.

Parvati (one plant)

picture.php

L

lurkernomore

right on :)

crossed with a good but early indica, this would add some electric up!

P

paulofelora

Hi - ultra-novice here. Wondering if anybody knows any good strains for surviving (outdoors) the Southeastern US - hot, HUMID, moldy. Thanks! paul

Top Bottom