Best Temp/rh Logger?

• Thread starter Funkadelic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Hey all ~ wanting to get a temp and humidity logger, to keep track what happens over time (not just usual in/out, high/low functionality).

Not necessarily a controller - many of those don't log. Want to start with a logger then figure out what my parameters are doing.

Recommendations?

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I've been thinking about that myself. I record my highs and lows but think I could benefit from knowing more detail. I haven't done any research yet, so will be curious to see what is recommended.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Onset HOBO is the only one I could afford, the pro ones are like 1500 for the cheap ones.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

You may try building your self a modular sensing unit that can uplaod the data log over network to a PC/server. Adruino and Raspberry Pi yo. You could easily at a later date integrate the sensors into a more sophisticated enviromental control.

https://www.arduino.cc/
Ultimately the BEST solution and I'm a Windows power user, some UNIX. But where would one get the compatible probes, etc?

I like the idea of greater versatility and programmability. But not sure how to make probes work, program the logic, etc.

A turnkey unit seems like it wouldboay for itself. Many of the more expensive WiFi ones are under $200 it appears.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Ultimately the BEST solution and I'm a Windows power user, some UNIX. But where would one get the compatible probes, etc?

I like the idea of greater versatility and programmability. But not sure how to make probes work, program the logic, etc.

A turnkey unit seems like it wouldboay for itself. Many of the more expensive WiFi ones are under $200 it appears.

Adruino.cc has the resources one how everything works, along with sample code and forums for support.

One of many sensor sources: http://www.trossenrobotics.com/c/arduino-sensors.aspx

Just google Adruino sensors. You could make your own growroomba.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My old bdac2 blueprint controller and my current autopilot master green house controller both has a plug to hook up to a computer. Then you can data log all parameters in the room.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Not just a logger and not as cheap as DIY arduino, but for the money the iPonic614/624 tracks all kinds of data and has a slick web-app you can use from anywhere. Text/email alerts too, and a very customizable controller. I fell in love at first sight and now a polygamist.

Top Bottom