Best time to harvest Cbd

• Thread starter Johnnyturbo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Johnnyturbo

Hi ! I’m new here, I grow pretty steady, more to keep busy than anything else. Constantly have plants growing and nearing my 10th harvest. I decided to grow a cbd kali kush from (crop king) seeds and very pleased with the results. This strain would be approximately 20% cbd and less than 1% thc. The buzz off cbd I’ve grown in the past is total body stone and very clear headed. I like that. Next grow will be a strain with equal cbd and thc but I digress. I’m wondering if anyone knows the best time to harvest for cbd. Some trichs still clear, most trichomes are cloudy, a few amber. If it was thc, I’d chop today as I’ve been flushing for a week now. I make a very effective pain cream from the cbd and usually add some decarbed and raw thc, to get as much medicinal value as I can. Again, just curious if anyone has experience growing and harvesting cbd. Thanks in advance

Best time to harvest cbd
Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Well I grew hemp for a couple of years and lost about forty grand. I don't recommend growing hemp for money. Selling weed that doesn't get you stoned is not a good business decision lol. Any way we would test the buds a few times during flower and generally the longer we waited the higher the CBD content was. There was a point where we had to chop because as the CBD was climbing so was the THC. Basically when we had 0.03 THC we would get about 10% CBD. When we had about 0.05% THC we would have like 17% CBD. I would just chop at full amber myself.

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
I don't know the answer, but as I am looking to grow CBD/Wellness seeds in my next crop, I am anxiously awaiting some answers as well. For now, common "cannabis" sense tell me it may be similar? Clear (immature) cloudy with some amber (about right) more than 30+ amber and 80+ (almost too late). The more "amber colored" trichomes I was told was always more of a "body heavy" as compared with clear to immature trichomes which are more cerebral? I see it is an "indica" leaning evening sedating strain...Let it get around 25-30% amber trichomes if you want a nice body heavy relaxation. (JMHO) I too await knowledge!
Jackie

J

Johnnyturbo

Thanks for the reply. Not selling lol but it does smoke well and the effect is total relaxation but clear headed. I tend to agree with the mostly amber part for cbd but I’m a sativa fan and my research indicates the highest thc content (if this were a thc plant) would be where it is now. Not a lot of info elsewhere on cbd harvest/potency

J

Johnnyturbo

I don't know the answer, but as I am looking to grow CBD/Wellness seeds in my next crop, I am anxiously awaiting some answers as well. For now, common "cannabis" sense tell me it may be similar? Clear (immature) cloudy with some amber (about right) more than 30+ amber and 80+ (almost too late). The more "amber colored" trichomes I was told was always more of a "body heavy" as compared with clear to immature trichomes which are more cerebral? I see it is an "indica" leaning evening sedating strain...Let it get around 25-30% amber trichomes if you want a nice body heavy relaxation. (JMHO) I too await knowledge!
Jackie
We shall see and I’ll let you know. I did a charlottes angel and made cbd pain cream. It works almost instantly and I’ve got some people with pretty chronic pain that love it !

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
Same here....I have 3 carded MMJ patients and the blends I make for them often include CBD flower that is 18 % CBD or higher. CBD mixed with the THC truly helps (medicinally) help with the entourage effect..I cannot speak strictly "recreational" however the few Rec Smoker that have tried my butters and blends (and yes I even asked a few to light up some of my stuff to taste test it for me) they were blown away too...I think MOST home growers can blow the dispenso's out the water...Mainly because the patient knows what they want. Thanks @Johnnyturbo for bringing this up. I was just going to base my harvest on marijuana trichome readings as well. Glad to see this produces a great harvest!
Warmly,
Jackie

J

Johnnyturbo

Same here....I have 3 carded MMJ patients and the blends I make for them often include CBD flower that is 18 % CBD or higher. CBD mixed with the THC truly helps (medicinally) help with the entourage effect..I cannot speak strictly "recreational" however the few Rec Smoker that have tried my butters and blends (and yes I even asked a few to light up some of my stuff to taste test it for me) they were blown away too...I think MOST home growers can blow the dispenso's out the water...Mainly because the patient knows what they want. Thanks @Johnnyturbo for bringing this up. I was just going to base my harvest on marijuana trichome readings as well. Glad to see this produces a great harvest!
Warmly,
Jackie
I found some lab results on harvesting cbd where they got into measuring different harvest times, and a lot of other factors really… the main findings were that the most cbd was produced at 8-9 weeks of flower. They also found that, as we know.. cloudy trichomes are the most potent. Clear are immature and amber is a form of senescence (plant death) where the cbd content decreases. Here’s the article if you’re interested. Very sciency lol.
I found what I was looking for. It’s Harvest Day !!!

Kanashiihawk63

Kanashiihawk63

Supporter
I found some lab results on harvesting cbd where they got into measuring different harvest times, and a lot of other factors really… the main findings were that the most cbd was produced at 8-9 weeks of flower. They also found that, as we know.. cloudy trichomes are the most potent. Clear are immature and amber is a form of senescence (plant death) where the cbd content decreases. Here’s the article if you’re interested. Very sciency lol.
I found what I was looking for. It’s Harvest Day !!!
Thank you so much for this! I will be using this when I grow my next CBD crop, glad to see other CBD growers out there! Thanks for bringing this up. 🌱☮️
Warmly,
Jackie

Latest posts

Top Bottom