best time to put outside

• Thread starter lakush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lakush

i live in kushafornia better known as cali what is the best time to plant outside to get the most weight.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I was thinking April as well. Thats when my honey's are going out side. Any earlier your gonna be growing TREE'S

mace

mace

I was thinking April as well. Thats when my honey's are going out side. Any earlier your gonna be growing TREE'S

Actually, any earlier and you'll be chancing growing hermies, not growing at all due to frost.

There are specific dates to put out depending on what harvest cycle you're trying to catch vs. your latitude.

4/20 is usually when people put out their summer/fall crop and harvest their janurary - april crop.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
We never put anything out before End of May/Beginning of June here. Mace is spot on, Latitude plays a huge part in the whole OD game.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
So we are talking here in California right. May? When I say trees being there on my property and neighbors would see. I always did think april showers brings may flowers lmao

D

Down South Sage

Plus if you dont wait til end of april of 1st of may they could get about 2 ft. tall and flower due to the short days.I am waiting for the winter stuff i've got in my room to finish in the next couple weeks and im gonna start my seeds for outside.I run my lightcycle on 16-8 to keep it as close to the spring daylight time as possible.

J

jay

lakush, I'm at 37N. I start my outside summer crop around the beginning of May. If you put them outside in early April, you're likely going to see them reveg as the days get longer. That's a real PITA scenario you want to avoid.

However, weather permitting, you CAN put some established plants outside at the end of February/early March and get a late winter/early spring crop. This is one small upside of global warming: shorter winters can actually provide an extra outdoor rotation. I have done this twice now, with good results. You just need to choose a reasonably quick-flowering strain that can finish in around 60 days.

T

tenacious

Supporter
what part of cali are you talking about??? cali has some of the most direrse weather in the usa. one can swim in the ocean, then drive to the mountains & snow ski the same day.

J

jay

Ha, that's true! I'm in the East Bay of the Bay Area, just a few miles from the SF Bay. We've had a ton of much needed rain recently, but the extended forecast projects sunny skies well into next week, with nighttime lows in the low 40s. This is the PERFECT time to put out a spring crop. I'm starting today. :flower

L

lidspinner

whats everyones thoughts on the midwest? say, southern ohio, indiana, illinois, pennsylvania, kentucky area? I usually put mine out around the middle to end of april. You can go mushroom or turkey hunting and use it as a excuse to be out in case you run across someone. Thats also a downside to this area. TONS of hunters. I would love to hear everyones schedule on when you put out in this area.

N

Norwalkin

yep spring crop is the bomb in LA

:rasta: Hey Now! :character0103:

I have a crop out now and have had very good luck in prior years... I dropped some Purple Wreck outside Jan 1st ... done and drying and another Afghan trio to finish right around 4/20 ...(Yield suffers somewhat but terpene levels are great ... good flavors) I have started seedlings already and clones are rooting for summer.... As said by the other good farmers ... veg indoors drop em' to 18/6 put em out in May ... mostly growing sativas here as the almanac says it looks to be another hot one!:free-character-smil

Note to self Order Spinosad this year early :anim_09:

Keep On Growin' :harvest:

707seedbank

707seedbank

Supporter
I plant clones in the end of May, and seeds middle of april.

Plant early finishing strains late and late finishing strains early:afroweed:

Top Bottom