Best Top of The Line LED For 4x4 or 5x5?

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What about this one? I would trust them to wait then put out the best. Whichbis what they have done?

Nothing wrong with that... im not sure the efficacy but looks like a solid light. Not sure the intensity of the UV but it is only UVA. Still feel better supplemented by florescent. But almost all led companies will try to get in on it. IR always a good addition.

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

+1
Been waiting months for someone to say this. Thank you. I grow with some cheap Chinese lights and cobs. No disappointment here. Lol

<--- Coupla pages back!

+2

lights dont mean crap if you dont have the fire! Just sayin.

Genetics + grower skill + lighting = Top shelf.

And the worms dont forget the worms.

I'm running 100w COBs from 2017, still getting it done with R-spec included. Added some 288 boards with R-spec from HLG, my plants love them too!

Getting to the point where I want 2 lamps to cover a 5x10 in flower with r-spec @ less than 1500w per room.

BTW - there's a scorpion diable for sale at HLG - its a refub under $1k. Jump on it.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hmmmmm. 🤔

Well fellas I was almost decided on either the Gavita 1700 or the Scorpion Diablo. However after carefully weighing out all the specs and data I must say I feel like I am starting to go full circle again. I am starting to lean back towards the Optic Slim 600H. Not quite as many people have recommended this light but the specs and warranty are impressive. Below are some reasons why I have started considering the 600H...

1. It is slightly less expensive than the Gavita and HLG but still appears to be in a high performance category. Price shipped $1,022
2. Has a higher efficacy rating than Gavita and HLG at ppf/w 3.0 umols/ J
3. Has a better warranty than both @ 10 Years full warranty - Lifetime warranty on Meanwell Driver.
4. Comes with built in Dimmer 25%, 50%, 75% & 100%. The HLG has this but the Gavita does not.
5. Has high end Top shelf Samsung LEDs but also has added Blue and Red spectrum with additional Cree LEDs.
6. Fully waterproof just like the others.
7. Excellent light spread and distribution. Better than the HLG and similar to the Gavita due to the design style.

I mean call me crazy but this light seems to pretty much have everything the others do only with an even better warranty and for slightly less money. below is the stats for a 4x4 area...

Screen Shot 2020 12 08 at 64721 PM

Screen Shot 2020 12 08 at 65546 PM

Screen Shot 2020 12 08 at 65558 PM

Screen Shot 2020 12 08 at 65613 PM

I understand that the HLG does put out a bit more power in the center but I have to ask myself... Will I be able to maximize the power that the HLG puts out? After watching the youtube reviews seems like at 100% power the HLG can very well prove too powerful in many circumstances. Gotta be super on top of your game with light output that intense may very well end up lowering dimmer or raising up the HLG anyways in order to keep plants happy and healthy.

What are your thoughts on this guys? A few of you already gave the 600H your 👍. For the others on here who don't already own one... What do you know about Optic brand? Seems legit to me but are they the real deal? Input would be appreciated. Thanks. ✌

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hmmmmm. 🤔

Well fellas I was almost decided on either the Gavita 1700 or the Scorpion Diablo. However after carefully weighing out all the specs and data I must say I feel like I am starting to go full circle again. I am starting to lean back towards the Optic Slim 600H. Not quite as many people have recommended this light but the specs and warranty are impressive. Below are some reasons why I have started considering the 600H...

1. It is slightly less expensive than the Gavita and HLG but still appears to be in a high performance category. Price shipped $1,022
2. Has a higher efficacy rating than Gavita and HLG at ppf/w 3.0 umols/ J
3. Has a better warranty than both @ 10 Years full warranty - Lifetime warranty on Meanwell Driver.
4. Comes with built in Dimmer 25%, 50%, 75% & 100%. The HLG has this but the Gavita does not.
5. Has high end Top shelf Samsung LEDs but also has added Blue and Red spectrum with additional Cree LEDs.
6. Fully waterproof just like the others.
7. Excellent light spread and distribution. Better than the HLG and similar to the Gavita due to the design style.

I mean call me crazy but this light seems to pretty much have everything the others do only with an even better warranty and for slightly less money. below is the stats for a 4x4 area...

View attachment 1065562
View attachment 1065565
View attachment 1065564
View attachment 1065563

I understand that the HLG does put out a bit more power in the center but I have to ask myself... Will I be able to maximize the power that the HLG puts out? After watching the youtube reviews seems like at 100% power the HLG can very well prove too powerful in many circumstances. Gotta be super on top of your game with light output that intense may very well end up lowering dimmer or raising up the HLG anyways in order to keep plants happy and healthy.

What are your thoughts on this guys? A few of you already gave the 600H your 👍. For the others on here who don't already own one... What do you know about Optic brand? Seems legit to me but are they the real deal? Input would be appreciated. Thanks. ✌
I'd say thier shit don't add up. 2700 diodes vs gavitas over 3300 and hlgs 3800. Means more wattage per diode and less efficacy... using the same Samsung diodes and and putting out more light with the same power. The lower wattage you put through the diodes the more efficient it becomes. So yeah how's that possible??? Its not which means they are full out bullshitting imo

This is not independently tested and im more than skeptical. Im not gonna waste my time looking more on it but yeah B.S. imo

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I'd say thier shit don't add up. 2700 diodes vs gavitas over 3300 and hlgs 3800. Means more wattage per diode and less efficacy... using the same Samsung diodes and and putting out more light with the same power. The lower wattage you put through the diodes the more efficient it becomes. So yeah how's that possible??? Its not which means they are full out bullshitting imo

This is not independently tested and im more than skeptical. Im not gonna waste my time looking more on it but yeah B.S. imo
OK. So basically what you are saying is there is a possibility that these specs are bogus. Hmmmm I mean hey don't get me wrong the Chinese LED manufacturers on Amazon lie on the spec all the time so that is possible. I just figured Optic were more reputable I assumed the figures were accurate. Dam that sucks because if what they are claiming is true and can be verified with a light meter than this is one killer deal for the price!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OK. So basically what you are saying is there is a possibility that these specs are bogus. Hmmmm I mean hey don't get me wrong the Chinese LED manufacturers on Amazon lie on the spec all the time so that is possible. I just figured Optic were more reputable I assumed the figures were accurate. Dam that sucks because if what they are claiming is true and can be verified with a light meter than this is one killer deal for the price!
And it will still grow kick ass plants. By no means am I saying its not a good light for the money... just not as good as they claim but thats my opinion.

beluga

beluga

"Has a higher efficacy rating than Gavita and HLG at ppf/w 3.0 umols/ J"

I don't believe this number for a second, and neither should you!!!!!
What they said.
That just straight up doesn't compute.

sshz

sshz

Unfortunately, every friggen month something newer/better will be available and on and on and on. In 2 years we're all probably going to be blown away with what's new and available (if you can afford it). The problem with newer and better is- it's keeps getting more expensive with each improvement. Can $2000 for a light be far away????

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Dig it. I considered those pacific strips when I was building, but they were out of stock.
Everything else falls in line with what the majority of the DIY strip fixtures use.

this is one of the original diy guys on the RIU led forum. Tons of info posted along with the owners of hlg and timber among others.

PhatPanda

PhatPanda

At the expense of looking like an advertisement, https://www.budgetgrowlights.com. Veteran owned out of Michigan, I have two lights and they have been killer. Their 5x5 coverage Demon Board is about to come out and looks like it could be right up your alley -https://www.budgetgrowlights.com/collections/elevated-lighting-company/products/elevated-lighting-demon-650-watt-grow-light

I'll leave you with a few photos about 7 weeks under their 500 watt Red Spec 3
In House Platinum Kush Breath 2

Above is Inhouse Platinum Kush Breath Remix Pheno 2

Exotic Genetix Lemon Drip

Above is Exotic Genetix Lemon Drip pheno 1

Mac1 cut

Above is Mac1 cut widely circulated

Cheers all-

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom