Best Top of The Line LED For 4x4 or 5x5?

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I noticed hlg has this one value board ($650). No supplements, just white diodes like their baby boards. What do you all think?

beluga

beluga

I noticed hlg has this one value board ($650). No supplements, just white diodes like their baby boards. What do you all think?

It's legit.
About $1.35/W... good price for a marketed product.
Since they don't have IR or different diodes, they don't have to make whacky configurations or use specific drivers, so it's all much more straightforward in a production sense.
If I were already spending $650, I'd probably just go a little higher and get something with far reds.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very similar to my light only the diodes are newer. Good price for thw fixture but for a little more you can go refurbished with all the same warranty and IR with top bid diodes. I would say the extra 100 is worth it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Or this for close to the same price.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Very similar to my light only the diodes are newer. Good price for thw fixture but for a little more you can go refurbished with all the same warranty and IR with top bid diodes. I would say the extra 100 is worth it.

This light is usually $1100 so at that cost its a pretty bug savings.

PhatPanda

PhatPanda

Not true, all released lights have 3rd party certification from what I remember (forthcoming on their Demon), and their staff is very reachable and respond quickly in my interactions with them. I know the name is a bit off-putting. A lot of commercial growers in MI use them. I would rather support a small veteran owned US based company making a damn good product. There is a discount if you look around.

Maybe they meant bud-get?
"Don't worry about the details! Just get buds!"

Last edited by a moderator:
PhatPanda

PhatPanda

I see more forthcoming information than a lot of the previous lights mentioned, the exact diodes sourced, the measure tool they are using and the usual coverage intensity at different heights.

Interesting how they don't give you ANY info on the lights at all.........I guess they call it budget for a reason.

beluga

beluga

Not true, all released lights have 3rd party certification from what I remember (forthcoming on their Demon), and their staff is very reachable and respond quickly in my interactions with them. I know the name is a bit off-putting. A lot of commercial growers in MI use them. I would rather support a small veteran owned US based company making a damn good product. There is a discount if you look around.
I'm just gabbin'; no offense intended... I, admittedly, did not look at them... retailed lights are not in my interest at this point - I'm here accidentally for the technical talk and incidentally for the silliness.

PhatPanda

PhatPanda

Cheers brother. I spent countless hours researching lights about 7 months ago and this company is where I landed. Their switchable full spectrum lights are pretty dope as well, one of which I have at 250 watts. I am using the 500 watt series 3 Red Spec+ in a 5x5 currently,

I'm just gabbin'; no offense intended... I, admittedly, did not look at them... retailed lights are not in my interest at this point - I'm here accidentally for the technical talk and incidentally for the silliness.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

And if ya wanna go balls to the wall there is this.

Only reason why I am skeptical of the refurbished HLG is because all referbs only have 1 year warranty. Normal new in box HLG has a 3 year warranty which is already a bit lacking in my opinion. I would prefer minimum of 5 but oh well I would make an exception cuz the light is super bad ass. I would rather spend a few extra hundred and get a new one with extra 2 years warranty. With my luck that referb will burn out 13 months after I buy it LOL!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Only reason why I am skeptical of the refurbished HLG is because all referbs only have 1 year warranty. Normal new in box HLG has a 3 year warranty which is already a bit lacking in my opinion. I would prefer minimum of 5 but oh well I would make an exception cuz the light is super bad ass. I would rather spend a few extra hundred and get a new one with extra 2 years warranty. With my luck that referb will burn out 13 months after I buy it LOL!
Very true... warranty on a light that expensive is definitely a consideration.

Kneelb4Zod

Kneelb4Zod

Are you a little handy and able to turn a screw-here you good, stop looking. Plus if it ever breaks-YOU can fix it. An assembled frame comes out in 6 days or so, even easier. About $700-$800 in parts.

Palindrome

Palindrome

Hi Everyone,

My wife is letting me get a bigger tent in the garage and I will likely be doing either a 4x4 or 5x5. Up until now my indoor grows have been done in a 2x4 and a 2x2. Got blurple LEDs in one and a little spider farmer LED in the other. I have been able to grow small quality plants in both of them with good success but I feel like its time to really step up my game. I want a rig that can put out the top shelf fire. Who has the absolute best LED light for a tent this size? Money is not of too much concern within reason. Im willing to drop over a grand on a light if its good enough. What do you guys think? I was leaning towards one of these two so far but Im sure someone on this forum has got other opinions.

1) Optic LED Slim 600H (has both red and blue)
View attachment 1062700
View attachment 1062701

2) Horticulture Lighting Group HLG Scorpion Diablo
View attachment 1062702
you might want to include the following in your deliberations: G8-C3 light for 5x5 and G8-C2 light for 4x4. High efficiency, rocking PAR #'s, can operate 12" above canopy easily, no burn. I went through the same process as you and ended up with a C3 for my 5x5 - no regrets at all - haven't seen a better light yet. It's dimmable - has an increased wattage flowering setting with extra far-red, etc. - customized for Cannabis. 3yr warranty - impeccable rep. Made in USA. I'm in Canada - the final cost, delivered from Cali was in the ball park for all the competitor lights sold in Canada (including Gavita).

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Bro.. this light. Peeps are pulling weight in a 4x5 area. If you pull the trigger on the HLG lemme know, I can get you some killer discounts.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Bro.. this light. Peeps are pulling weight in a 4x5 area. If you pull the trigger on the HLG lemme know, I can get you some killer discounts.
OK great this is good to know! This is the light I'm leaning towards right now. I actually found a fantastic deal online for it. Its an online retailer called Grow light Heaven below is the current out the door price including shipping. This is after applying the the 15%off HLG promo code. New in box. Seems like a phenomenal price to me. If you have hookups that can do better than this for a brand new unit with warranty then please PM me that would be RAD!

Screen Shot 2020 12 11 at 72920 PM

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Oh yeah bro. That’s a great deal. Can’t beat that. One run and the lights paid for haha. And I think that’s probably the best because they aren’t stackable discounts..

Top Bottom