Best Top of The Line LED For 4x4 or 5x5?

• Thread starter Backyard_Boogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m also looking at the HLG 100 V2 400k for a veg only tent 3x3. Anyone have experience with this light?
If its a strictly veg tent I would calculate about 20w /sq ft. If your going to flower with it 30-35w /sq ft.

You probably want 2 of those to cover the whole 3x3 for veg only.

They are good quality lights.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Alright fellas its done. I officially went with the Scorpion Diablo. I wanted the pure fire and that light seems to be the highest performing. Cant wait to finish this run out in that tent gonna be sick. Got a handful of new strains started right now and they will all be finished up under the Scorpion Diablo gonna veg them in my small tents. Got XXX OG, Northern Lights, Don Carlos (Humboldt Seeds), Space Wrangler. Oh and last but definitely not least
I have Garlic Bud gifted to me by the man himself BurnzYzBudZz. Thanks again for that man hope we get a female this first go around! Pics to come as this saga continues I will be starting a grow thread on those plants they are still little babies in solo cups. Thanks everyone for all your advice and suggestions with the grow light! Peace ✌

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Alright fellas its done. I officially went with the Scorpion Diablo. I wanted the pure fire and that light seems to be the highest performing. Cant wait to finish this run out in that tent gonna be sick. Got a handful of new strains started right now and they will all be finished up under the Scorpion Diablo gonna veg them in my small tents. Got XXX OG, Northern Lights, Don Carlos (Humboldt Seeds), Space Wrangler. Oh and last but definitely not least
I have Garlic Bud gifted to me by the man himself BurnzYzBudZz. Thanks again for that man hope we get a female this first go around! Pics to come as this saga continues I will be starting a grow thread on those plants they are still little babies in solo cups. Thanks everyone for all your advice and suggestions with the grow light! Peace ✌
Hold on, let me correct him, it’s DFGs dragons garlic breath. Haha.. congrats on the light, lemme know if you need some help hangin’ that biatch, I’d be honored to help haha.. oh and the oG kush clone is ready and waiting for the trip.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hold on, let me correct him, it’s DFGs dragons garlic breath. Haha.. congrats on the light, lemme know if you need some help hangin’ that biatch, I’d be honored to help haha.. oh and the oG kush clone is ready and waiting for the trip.
Yeah I thought that it was the DFG dragons garlic but I wasn't 100% sure. I just remembered you saying it was garlic the sharpie label on the plastic container got rubbed off by my greasy ass fingers lol. Thanks for clarifying that they are looking super healthy seem to have a nice fat and broad leaf profile. Cant wait to sample these new flavors!

Indiva710

Indiva710

Scynce led raging kush 2.0 $1400 or fotonica eva3 but it's pry thee most expensive light on the market it's $2550 but very dope however the 2.0 and add some uva/uvb and done deal game changer which is wat I'll be running i have the v1 with x2 4ft solacure flower power bulbs and absolutely love it ....So for the money on your other options like the diablo the 2.0 r.k blows it out the water and will run circles around it crop after crop

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Scynce led raging kush 2.0 $1400 or fotonica eva3 but it's pry thee most expensive light on the market it's $2550 but very dope however the 2.0 and add some uva/uvb and done deal game changer which is wat I'll be running i have the v1 with x2 4ft solacure flower power bulbs and absolutely love it ....So for the money on your other options like the diablo the 2.0 r.k blows it out the water and will run circles around it crop after crop
Although I’m sure those are good lights, I beg to differ. He made a great choice with the Diablo.

NorGrower

NorGrower

Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you'll see great results.
I saw a lot of talk of of the HLG 550 and Scorpion. For anyone else still debating this choice and would like a slightly cheaper but arguably equally well illuminating light, I'd like to suggest the LEDTonic Q7:

Comparing te HLG 550 PPFD chart with the Q7 shows us that they are very smilar. Yet the Q7 is $200 cheaper (currently on sale for $450). It also has a few cool features that the HLGs are missing.

Anyway, the Scorpio will definitely emit more light and if maximum light is the goal, the Scorpio is likely the best choice. For anyone looking for a less expensive light but still high average PPFD in a 4x4', the Q7 could be a good fit.

Hope this helps!

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

I had a timber cob lamp die on me at lights on today. Its been on 18/6 for several years. So sad.... I replaced it with a backup Timber Cob ....lol but man those Diablo lamps are looking mighty fine.

growsince79

growsince79

I’m also looking at the HLG 100 V2 400k for a veg only tent 3x3. Anyone have experience with this light?
I have one and it works great in veg and early flower. 3x3 might be too big imo. I also have rspec and 3000k, mh and hps. mix and match as needed.

Top Bottom