Best Value Vacs Heat Pad

• Thread starter Tearsofshiva
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tearsofshiva

wadup friends!

Just got my heat pad and jacket for my 5 gallon vacuum chamber... Not sure how to work it really... Was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with these? I want to make shatter so my temp range should be between 91-95 degrees F? I've never made bho so this is my first time and any advice would be helpful thanks and peace!

S

Sensa

wadup friends!

Just got my heat pad and jacket for my 5 gallon vacuum chamber... Not sure how to work it really... Was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with these? I want to make shatter so my temp range should be between 91-95 degrees F? I've never made bho so this is my first time and any advice would be helpful thanks and peace!

I have noticed it depends on the strains. Just put sticky side against the pot and plug in. I'm doing og Kush right now and it's about a 120 to 125 temp

2highdro

To use these things, you should know to have an infrared laser thermometer, as the PID controller and thermocouple are not very accurate. My BVV pad right now is set to 89, but holding 108 according to my infrared. Watch for spikes. When it cools down a little, the thermostat clicks the heat back on and can climb upwards of 30F, before returning to the desired temp.

Graywolf

Graywolf

wadup friends!

We had our own silicone heat mats custom made in China with a thermocouple molded in, and controlled them with a PID controller.

We've also controlled the temperature using a Variac varible transformer, and a infrared heat thermometer to measure temperature.

The important temperature is the puddle, so you have to determine the offset, which is usually done by opening the chamber and taking a reading immediately both at the puddle and the outside of the chamber.

Latest posts

Top Bottom