Best Water Chiller?

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ken dog

ken dog

got a pic or link to show how you piggybacked it for multiple rezes?
I think there was a misunderstanding here... Those were two different runs... One run of eight buckets, and after that, another run of 10 buckets.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I'm missing something here. are you running all buckets from one rez?

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Being a small personal use grower, at max I run 3 tents, each has separate rezes. I am already rotating frozen bottles several times a day, it gets worse as summer approaches. Last grow I experimented with copper coils and blue ice that I put into plastic jugs.

Thinking further, my plan is to double buckets, placing 1-2 packets in each bottom bucket to see how that goes. I ordered a bunch of Coleman and Rubbermaid packets today.

Al-53

Al-53

I just started growin indoors..i been farming outside for 40 years.,.,my Son has 3 UC systems and i was impressed by it ..so I built one.,.came out great..,.it is only a 6 bucket system ..13 gallons.,.,any ways i wanted a chiller and did lots of research.,.,I ended up with the Coralife 1/4 chiller made for saltwater fish tanks..it has a titanium coil so it will not corrode..,.some of the cheaper hydro chillers have a copper coil so I did not like that..,.it also has a heater in it..my well water comes out at 51 degrees..it heats it to my 65 degree target and then chills when needed...very quiet..hardly any heat from it..I timed the chill cycle...when my water hits 67 it comes on...gets to target temp in 10 minutes...65...it comes on about every 5 hours..during light cycle...hardly ever during dark period...

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

Hey Al-53....where did you get that Coralife Chiller from?

Been calling around locally and seems no one has them available...... i'm in desperate need of a 1/10 HP model STAT!

ken dog

ken dog

Amazon has them... and several other places with a quick web search.

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

Yea.... thanks Ken.

I was actually checking out Amazon as you were typing that post! :)

I wanted to try and find someplace local first in case I wanted to buy an extended warranty or if I had any issues with it down the line I could just easily exchange/return it.

Oh well, looks like I can buy one through my Amazon Prime for $400 so I'll go ahead and order one now.

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

I live out here in the desert and my water is currently 81* f .... lmao.

all these damn frozen gatorade bottles are pissing me off....I'm a grower...... not a juggler!

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have too many individual tents/rezes for a single chiller, however, I upped my juggling game by putting the rezes inside igloo coolers, which keeps them cooler longer. In one tent I simply add the nute directly into a small 1.5g igloo- I may also do this in the other tent which has 3 totes. That cooler is not wide enough to drop a gallon jug in between, but I could float one, as I am doing in the small igloo

IMG 3404
MurderVille

MurderVille

Has anyone ever tried running thier res water through a copper coil submerged in water like in a still to cool it?

You would want to use stainless steel coil. You can order them from a company named Hydro Innovations and they call them "cool coils". You can also buy a whole roll on eBay for less than what it costs for one cool coil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom