Best way to apply bat guano??

• Thread starter Mr.Metal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Sooo I'm just wondering whats the best way to apply and get the most out of your bat guano. Right now I'm using SUNLEAVES jamacain bat guano, and it says it can be applied to water, but as we probably all know its just not completely soluble, and there's always residual particles floating around in the Rez.
I know you can top feed, use it as a soil amendment, and brew it in a tea and what not. But I've also read somewhere saying the bat guanos took 4 months to be broken down to a usable state; which there wasn't any supporting facts or evidence ( i mean i would like some kind of accredidation lol) so I'm wondering is that true? WHATS UP?? What's the best way to get the most outta my shit, so to speak ;)
PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Just to clear things up, I'm not asking how to apply guano in a sense here I just have a bag and don't know what to do with it. But I'm looking to see if anyone out there has some iron clad info on how dry guanos are most efficiently utiliZed.

Natural

Natural

I think the serious guys are cooking it into a super soil. I've used as a top dressing..a lil goes a long way and don't add too late. I've tried to dilute it with water for tea but it's hard to dilute really. I've been using Sunleaves liquid guano..very stable and consistent..as is Budswell.

Bannacis

Bannacis

If you do the tea, try grinding it up to a powder, if its not already and then mix it with fish emulsion. it will make it pastey, helps liquefy the guano.

The cooking it in soil amendments is best, considering the time of break down

on top dressing, I use a mulch on mine. so sprinkle the guano on the mulch and keep moist. the fungi/bacteria will feed on that and break down the top dressing and add nutes to your micro roots on the surface. it is a long process, that's why you do it when plants are young and trough whole cycle... don't need much.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I use it in a tea.

To be more specific I bubble it with a fish pump for 24 hours with 4 gallons of non chlorinated water in a 5 gallon bucket. Then I take an empty bucket and attach a 5 gallon paint strainer to it and poor the tea through it. I then water my plants with the tea and empty the paint strainer in my flower bed or fruit trees.

Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

I use it in a tea.

To be more specific I bubble it with a fish pump for 24 hours with 4 gallons of non chlorinated water in a 5 gallon bucket. Then I take an empty bucket and attach a 5 gallon paint strainer to it and poor the tea through it. I then water my plants with the tea and empty the paint strainer in my flower bed or fruit trees.

Very nice, as do I. So do you use it in any other way? Have you found that the ladies enjoy one more than the other? Possibly in different stages? Does one provide a more efficient way of nutrients being transported in a usable way for the ladies?

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Very nice, as do I. So do you use it in any other way? Have you found that the ladies enjoy one more than the other? Possibly in different stages? Does one provide a more efficient way of nutrients being transported in a usable way for the ladies?
I'm spending today on a 30ft ladder but later Ill go over exactly what I do :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've never tried to use bat guano in any other way other than as a sparing amendment to organic soil, much like chicken guano. It worked well for me, I guess...

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I've never tried to use bat guano in any other way other than as a sparing amendment to organic soil, much like chicken guano. It worked well for me, I guess...

Few years back I did an outdoor run where there used to be chickens......we were crushing it til the the damn caterpillars killed us.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Few years back I did an outdoor run where there used to be chickens......we were crushing it til the the damn caterpillars killed us.

And the chickens didn't eat the caterpillars? That's interesting. I wonder if Capulator's OGBiowar paks might have a bacteria that would attack them.

Having half a dozen chickens in your back yard is now legal in my city, so I'm gonna! Just need a coop. And birds.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

And the chickens didn't eat the caterpillars? That's interesting. I wonder if Capulator's OGBiowar paks might have a bacteria that would attack them.

Having half a dozen chickens in your back yard is now legal in my city, so I'm gonna! Just need a coop. And birds.

The chickens were long gone....but there poop made the soil in the area really rich.

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter

Ok I use Mexican guano during veg.

During flower I add Jamaican guano to the Mexican for the first month.

I also have Peruvian Seabird guano that serves as both.

As far as using it another way...I also use my teas as a foliar.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ok I use Mexican guano during veg.

During flower I add Jamaican guano to the Mexican for the first month.

I also have Peruvian Seabird guano that serves as both.

As far as using it another way...I also use my teas as a foliar.

Wow- I bet those plants go straight up batshit! What else goes in your soil with it?

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Wow- I bet those plants go straight up batshit! What else goes in your soil with it?

Where should I start lol...

My soil is made up of Happy Frog, 707, Ancient Forest, EWC and perlite. I don't add a lot to my soil as I like more control so I feed the soil with different teas depending on what strains I'm running.

The teas consist of

Kelp meal
Guano
Organic Ferts
Molasses
Big Bloom
Liquid Fish
EWC
Cal Mag
Feather Meal
Alfalfa Meal
Ancient Forest
Caps Bennies
Floralicious Plus
Sea Green

I use numerous recipes but that's all of the ingredients I use in those recipes. :)

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
Day 27 :)

Top Bottom