Best way to attack broads during flower?

• Thread starter Coastalgrow1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coastalgrow1

Coastalgrow1

Hey guys wanted to make a quick post to get some input. So a couple weeks ago I noticed some weird new growth on my clones that I bought from a local dispensary. I made the mistake of not scoping them completely as I must have missed some eggs. Weeks later I noticed the dreaded signs of broads which I show in the first two pictures. Upon scoping the plants and identifying the eggs as broads and not russets, I set my plan of attack.

I’ve been using micronized sulfur roughly every 5 days and it has really helped. Now that I am entering flower I am going to hit them again and then one more time in 3 days. My question is I have heard people use sulfur in flower but I am nervous if I use it to often and late my flowers will taste/smell bad. I have posted 2 more pictures of the current plants right before flower. So my question is if anyone has experience what would your plan of attack be for flower? Right now I’m thinking hit them today about with sulfur (day 1 of flower) then hit them again in 3 days with sulfur. After that give them a day and start straying them down with PH RO water everyday for 3 days. After 3 days of spraying down with water (4 days since last sulfur) I was thinking switching to oil base product like plant therapy, nukem, or green cleaner. Then start hitting the plants every other day. What do you think? I don’t want to take these lightly even if they look gone! Thanks

Best way to attack broads during flower
Best way to attack broads during flower 2
Best way to attack broads during flower 3
Best way to attack broads during flower 4
JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Hey guys wanted to make a quick post to get some input. So a couple weeks ago I noticed some weird new growth on my clones that I bought from a local dispensary. I made the mistake of not scoping them completely as I must have missed some eggs. Weeks later I noticed the dreaded signs of broads which I show in the first two pictures. Upon scoping the plants and identifying the eggs as broads and not russets, I set my plan of attack.

I’ve been using micronized sulfur roughly every 5 days and it has really helped. Now that I am entering flower I am going to hit them again and then one more time in 3 days. My question is I have heard people use sulfur in flower but I am nervous if I use it to often and late my flowers will taste/smell bad. I have posted 2 more pictures of the current plants right before flower. So my question is if anyone has experience what would your plan of attack be for flower? Right now I’m thinking hit them today about with sulfur (day 1 of flower) then hit them again in 3 days with sulfur. After that give them a day and start straying them down with PH RO water everyday for 3 days. After 3 days of spraying down with water (4 days since last sulfur) I was thinking switching to oil base product like plant therapy, nukem, or green cleaner. Then start hitting the plants every other day. What do you think? I don’t want to take these lightly even if they look gone! Thanks
Use a sprayer and hit them with plain water or an omri miticide product, just be careful to follow label instructions for human consumption. Then, incorporate an IPM program to manage populations.

Plenty of people will disagree with the water suggestion, but it's organic and has virtually zero chance of poisoning people.. and a sprayer is like a tidal wave for a microscopic insect, kills adults on contact.

Don't spray past week 4-5 depending on bud density, and be sure to have adequate airflow.

IPM is the true solution, spraying is a bandaid. Good bugs eat bad bugs in nature, in your garden, they have no presence so the bad ones take over.

Good luck

Top Bottom