Best way to be legal in Cali?

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mm... I don't know that we can attribute the Temperance Movement (which is what gave way to full on Prohibition, the 18th Amendment, in the early 20th century), which was by and large mostly women, to what's occurring now.

Things really changed post-WWII. The US has ended up with a military industrial complex that seems to be playing a larger and larger role in *everything*, and the War on Drugs just smacks of that to me.

Blaze, like I said previously, if you look into early California politics, you'll immediately understand why we have the voter initiative process. I personally would *not* like things to go back to how they used to be, which is why so much of this stuff is written into our state constitution.

fractal

fractal

Seamaiden, how much is rancho cordova taxing growers? That's the first I heard of it I can't believe they would actually tax grows aside from any sales, just for cultivating. What a racket!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Interesting read amazing how you can live in a state where it is common for everyone to grow or know someone who grows and then to see it from the other side of the same damn country that if you grow pot your look at as the same as a crack dealer by most if discovered. I just this weekend got a pot leaf tattooed on me and it is going to be strange to see the reaction to it, from the drugs are drugs people or the people that I can actually educate that it is a healing medication for many that I strongly support ? I found myself last night questioning it as if it was a good idea or not, first I was saying hum maybe people will get the impression that I am a drug addict supporting drug's , then I would rationalize it as it is a belief of mine that it is harmless and weather needed or not is not worse than say getting your favorite beer tattooed on you.... After much high thought on it, I decided that it is my belief that is has many wonderful benefit's to my life and others and I am totally comfortable with it, it is who I AM and whoever does not like it..... prob got shit faced drunk last night-weekend - or whenever and did something stupid that they regret weather it be a dui a domestic abuse issue or whatever , while i harmlessly smoked a joint in my house chilled out and watched a baseball game.......f the stigma - i am what i am .... and hopefully the entire country will come to see marijuana for what it is a harmless - healing - relaxing PLANT...... sorry for the rant.... soser

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I tell ya, soser, it's been a hell of a learning curve for me and a lot of breaking of paradigms. I grew up in the thick of the War on Drugs, was delayed for release from the hospital after having my second son because waaaayyy back when I first tested for pregnancy I had a discussion with the doctor because the weekend I thought I became pregnant was a serious party weekend--coke, booze, and lots of weed. Then the hospital wouldn't release me until they were able to get enough urine from the baby to get a drug test on him. Nurse finally told me what was up, so I got the baby and left.

My point is that the paranoia we've been raised with runs deep, and there is NO WAY I would get a tattoo that was clearly cannabis, hell, I don't even wear my *one* t-shirt that's cannabis-related, and it's all to do with this indoctrination we've all undergone.

Even coming out publicly in support has been difficult, I always have to gird myself and get mentally ready for it. I still have this first response to hide what I'm doing, and I know you have to know what I mean by that. It takes a lot of mental work to get past that.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I tell ya, soser, it's been a hell of a learning curve for me and a lot of breaking of paradigms. I grew up in the thick of the War on Drugs, was delayed for release from the hospital after having my second son because waaaayyy back when I first tested for pregnancy I had a discussion with the doctor because the weekend I thought I became pregnant was a serious party weekend--coke, booze, and lots of weed. Then the hospital wouldn't release me until they were able to get enough urine from the baby to get a drug test on him. Nurse finally told me what was up, so I got the baby and left.

My point is that the paranoia we've been raised with runs deep, and there is NO WAY I would get a tattoo that was clearly cannabis, hell, I don't even wear my *one* t-shirt that's cannabis-related, and it's all to do with this indoctrination we've all undergone.

Even coming out publicly in support has been difficult, I always have to gird myself and get mentally ready for it. I still have this first response to hide what I'm doing, and I know you have to know what I mean by that. It takes a lot of mental work to get past that.
Agreed, and I am still wavering about it , mainly because I don't want to bring unwanted attention to my operation but by no means do I care about thought's as I will defend MJ till the day I die and I have numerous tattoo's so that not really a big deal for me as I am a fan of art. Mind you I have none that cant be covered in a business setting. And my hope is that in the very near future people will have a different opionon on MJ and look at it and say or think, that my mom, grandmom, uncle etc was really sick and the use of MJ made his last few days, hours , years on this earth so much better, sounds pretty naive I guess but its on me now and I tend to not regret things. Seems to be a waste of time, pick up and move on.... I do value your wisdom..... peace soser

N

NorcalCapo

People in norcal are getting there plots ripped up for as few as 250 plants. Use to be if it was smaller then half a football field you were good, than under 500 then under 99, shit the Feds took down the guy who helped start the zip tie tax thing in mendo and took his 99 plants.

N

NorcalCapo

Just do 200+ gallon pots and 20 to 50 plants and get your 3 to 10 lb a plant on, fuck the Feds petty bastards waste tax pagers money with no remorse

fractal

fractal

People in norcal are getting there plots ripped up for as few as 250 plants. Use to be if it was smaller then half a football field you were good, than under 500 then under 99, shit the Feds took down the guy who helped start the zip tie tax thing in mendo and took his 99 plants.
S

So why aren't there dozens of lawsuits being fied to recoup the value of the plants being ripped out? There is a pretty long history of people being reimbursed for the value of lost crops when the police rip them and the growers are doing it legally. Is it because it is the feds ripping the plants, and you can only sue state/local police for that?

incognito

incognito

The only one I am aware of occurred in San Francisco. In 2007, an officer was sued for illegally destroying a medical patient's garden consisting of three plants. What came out of the trial was the public enlightenment of the police department's unofficial practice of destruction before verification. This officer was not an individual. Many like him serve SFPD today. I do remember that the officer was found guilty and ordered to pay. Don't know how much. I wonder if the police officer ever paid. Probably not. This is just what I remember from the newspaper article in the SF Chronicle. I tried a few quick searches on the Chronicle's website, but I did not immediately find the article.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Gimme a minute to look that up. IIRC it's based on square footage cultivated.

http://www.codepublishing.com/CA/ranchocordova/html/RanchoCordova03/RanchoCordova0385.html

Wait just a goddamned minute- how the hell do they think they can tax it IF WE NEVER SELL ANY? It's not real estate, it's a good- and therefore only taxed when it changes hands... unless of course Californian bureaucrats want to just make up tax code as they go along.

Colorado taxpayers passed the TABOR amendment, which requires voter approval for raising taxes and requires the Colo legislature to pass balanced budgets. It's not working very well, either.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

We in cali also have an amendment calling for a vote on all new taxes too but like with MJ laws they just find a way to get around the law by calling it a "fee"instead of a tax and pass it in a midnight session,crooked as fuck but it is what it is.
Over a million residents of cali in rural areas have received bills for a new fire "fee"of 150.00$ each even though they already pay for fire protection in their taxes,so basically double taxation (illegal)only on rural residents.There is a class action lawsuit brewing now sponsored by the howard jarvis taxpayers association but it will be delayed in court for years,Ever hear the old adage "you cant fight city hall?"
Hell they are even trying to tax services,so if you hire a plumber he will have to charge you sales tax on the 200 bucks he charged to snake your drain even though you did not buy anything from him.
Move to cali and get the shit taxed out of you!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wait just a goddamned minute- how the hell do they think they can tax it IF WE NEVER SELL ANY? It's not real estate, it's a good- and therefore only taxed when it changes hands... unless of course Californian bureaucrats want to just make up tax code as they go along.

Colorado taxpayers passed the TABOR amendment, which requires voter approval for raising taxes and requires the Colo legislature to pass balanced budgets. It's not working very well, either.
How do they think they can tax anything I use on my own property? Or grow? Taxing my tomatoes? Are you serious? This ain't Oakland!

We have huge budget issues in California, and they are directly related to how the budget is first determined and who has discretion and oversight. The legislature has power to manage approximately 7% of the state budget, IIRC. Everything else is voter-mandated. Now, do you think we Cali voters are really managing the state budget very well? We mandate minimum spending and there it is, what do they do? They shuffle funds into the general fund/budget, and then work in taxes when/wherever they possibly can. The people in Rancho Cordova who voted in favor of this square footage MMJ tax are non-users/non-smokers, and are very likely making some interesting assumptions.

dubble bubble

dubble bubble

:confused: learned alot of frustrating things in this thread! thanks Sea! as usual your posts have delivered a wealth of knowledge!

Latest posts

Top Bottom