Best way to clean hash oil vials for reuse?

• Thread starter Backward_Z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Backward_Z

What's the best way to clean out used hash oil vials? I've been buying oil for a while and want to start making my own and have at least a dozen used vials here and would rather clean them out to reuse them than figure out where to buy new ones.

I'm thinking an alcohol bath would do the trick but I'm worried about dissolving the plastics in the cap. Is this an unfounded worry?

I was also thinking of using hot water, but I figured the alcohol would be more effective at coalescing the unused material out.

Anybody have experience with this?

B

Backward_Z

Since I'm still in my first ten posts, I got impatient and tried out the alcohol anyway.

Did a tester with one vial first and it seemed okay so I went ahead and cleaned the rest. Soaked in isopropyl for about an hour or two, then cleaned 'em out with a q-tip, gave them a quick dunk in clean iso, rinsed and left on a screen to dry.

I have the glass I soaked 'em in evaporating by a window :) Let's see if I can harvest any good oil from it :)

Blaze

Blaze

I've always just used 90% ISO and rock salt. Never had any issues with the caps melting or anything, at least not yet. Fill them up with ISO and a little salt, let them soak for a while, then shake the crap out of them. Usually gets them nice and clean with fairly minimal effort.

S

smoke1sun

I cant find the thread but

91% isopropyl alcohol
rock salt
and sea salt.

I dont no anything about the oil vials, but this combo gets my piece and trimming scissors clean as new.

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Do two batches. First one with vials. soak in 91% ISO or higher, shake and clean out and pour all liquid into pyrex dish to evaporate,scrape and enjoy. Second one for plastic lids do the same , soak evap , just do seperate incase you get plastic from lids then discard that one and just ejoy the glass vial batch. Don't use salt if you're just cleaning used oil vials to make batch. Peace

Top Bottom