Best Way To Exhaust Thru A Window

• Thread starter kanadabuz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kanadabuz

4 clones arrived 11/11. almost got my indoor, outdoor room completed except for how best to exhaust thru a window. i cut + fitted (best i can) cardboard to block the window, then 3 x 1/2" rigid insulation. now, whats the best way to position these pieces - push them as tight as possible together, against the window, or push the cardboard tight to the glass + leave space in between the insulation pieces or maybe something else? also, do i cut all of these pieces with the window open fully, partially, or barely. then where best to locate the vent? using a 400 cfm vortex fan to exhaust area of almost 400 cubic feet. (7 1/2 x 7 1/2 x 7 1/2). hope this makes sense. any + all suggestions welcome.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’m going out on a limb here and assuming by your name that you’re in Canada? If so congrats on the legalization.

If you’re not in Canada and happen to be in an area where it is still illegal. Don’t vent through a window and really don’t vent through a window without a carbon filter.

K

kanadabuz

the adjustable dryer vent would work - but amazon does not ship this item to canada. i looked up canadian hardware/building stores - nobody carries that product. however, your advice + looking at the product has given me a (diy) idea i can work with. thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom