Best way to frame a window that is blacked out and have a light in it

• Thread starter budfriend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budfriend

budfriend

Has anyone put a light is a blacked out window on a timer so it does not stay dark all the time? Of coure i can figure out how to do it but im affaid my idea would burn the house down keeping that light enclosed.

Thansk for the help

budfriend

budfriend

so the windows in certain rooms in a house are not always dark??? no lights on ever .

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

i grabbed some regular drapes and blinds, just kinda tack the curtains to the wall/window sill in place. then taped to my window unit. lol looks ghetto from inside. went outside and it looked normal, just like drawn curtains, curtains were beige so i used the white side of mylar behind it. cant really tell a thing. dont think people worry about light, as long as it doesnt look like you have it blacked out for some "strange" reason

S

serpent

if you build a black out box behind the window.use a light colored curtain (or blinds if its on the second floor).mount a low heat light strip on the inside of the box(top) and hook it up to a security timer.the ones that turn lights on and off to make it look someones home.

budfriend

budfriend

have you done this serpent. How long have you had it going. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom