Best way to germinate autoflowers?

• Thread starter Kyvsplash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kyvsplash

Title pretty self explanatory, just wondering whats the best way to germinate autoflower seeds, paper method or jiffy pod? And should I transport to pot immediately or solo cup first?

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Autoflowers have a set time for their entire life cycle, meaning they will automatically start flowering at about 3 weeks of life and can be ready to harvest around 7 to 10 weeks of life. Because of this you want to as little stress as possible so that the growth of your plant is not stunted.
To ensure that your plant is not stunted I would plant it directly into its final pot because transplant shock may occur..

Also I would only use low stress training technique if you plant on altering your plant

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Take em put in a pill bottle give a gentle shake, put in cup of warm water till they sink then do paper towl drill.

K

Kyvsplash

This is my current autoflower gro planted directly into 5gal bucket

This picture is day 8
Beautiful! Im gonna be doing an outdoor grow with 3-5 plants, gonna try to germinate 6 assuming at least one wont make it.

Madmax

Madmax

Same as any other.im near same as Edinburgh but leave in warm water.theres a few ways with the same outcome strikerate etc.will come down to personal preference..small pot first so its easier to water and manage..

Flogrown66

Flogrown66

Ive personally had the best luck jus leavin em in a glass of PHed water until they have at least 1/4" taproot. Over the last 2 yrs ive germed about 35-40 autoflower seeds this way while maby 2 didnt work. I used to leave them in a kitchen cabinet,cool and dark, but lately been putting them in non a/c garage in drawer,warm and dark and it seems like they throw out taproots real fast now! but im still testing that. Now ive had def a few duds that were freebies( reg Critical,reg Old Skool) but we know those seeds are usually older. So far 100% prefer the warmer garage. I use 3 gal pots for my autos tho 5 is good and may be better for strains that r big. Used to put the germed seed rite into 3gal pots but had bad prob w gnats so now i start them in a 5' pot but there real deep like 8' then transplant into 3gal. Very little if no shock at all. Thats just me.. good luck!!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Soak 12-24 hours then into coffe filter in a baggy on top of my cable box. Lol
Then in solos in seed starter medium( no nutes) then into either 1-2 gallon pots depending on space I have - I feel like if transplanting is done proper it doesn’t hold em up to much
If at all just my short experience opinion

jonnyseeds

jonnyseeds

Soak 12-24 hours then into coffe filter in a baggy on top of my cable box. Lol
Then in solos in seed starter medium( no nutes) then into either 1-2 gallon pots depending on space I have - I feel like if transplanting is done proper it doesn’t hold em up to much
If at all just my short experience opinion
Good info

Latest posts

Top Bottom