best way to get soil ph down

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

So I have been facing this issue since I started growing last year. I have always only used FoxFarm Soil as my medium and the FoxFarm line of nutrients, mollasses and Flower Feul (bud booster). I always water with a 6.0 Ph, yet my soil always reads right around 6.8 to 7 sometimes 7.2.
The current grow im in I made my soil with equal parts of FoxFarm Soil, Happy Frog Coco and Black Kow Manuer/ compost. Yet still again soil readings are the same. overall I'm pleased with how plants look but as I advance with each grow I want to get better at this. So are these readings with my waters P.H at 6 ok? or would lowering soil PH be even more optimal. and then if so, What is a good product, top dressing or reccomendation to help bring it down?

steamroller

steamroller

Stop pHing your water.
You are NOT growing hydro or with coco.
Better yet [since I may not be a reliable source of info ] test your soil pH after not adjusting the waters pH and see what you get. You got no baseline to go off so your readings are moot IMO.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

So I have been facing this issue since I started growing last year. I have always only used FoxFarm Soil as my medium and the FoxFarm line of nutrients, mollasses and Flower Feul (bud booster). I always water with a 6.0 Ph, yet my soil always reads right around 6.8 to 7 sometimes 7.2.
The current grow im in I made my soil with equal parts of FoxFarm Soil, Happy Frog Coco and Black Kow Manuer/ compost. Yet still again soil readings are the same. overall I'm pleased with how plants look but as I advance with each grow I want to get better at this. So are these readings with my waters P.H at 6 ok? or would lowering soil PH be even more optimal. and then if so, What is a good product, top dressing or reccomendation to help bring it down?
How are you testing your soil ph? I've been told by many that the metal rod ones that go in the soil are no good. And to make a slurry and test that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom