Best Way To Heat 4x4 Grow Tent At Night In Unheated Room

• Thread starter superweed420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
superweed420

superweed420

My plants are babies right now and it's not yet winter but the bed room my 4x4 grow tent is in has no heat.. I don't want to heat the hole room just to keep tent temps up at night.. I have a thrmostat for heating but I also run 8000btu portable ac so I would need a light timer to hook the thrmostat heating plug to so it's not comming on when ac is running.. I don't want to place a heater in my tent seams like a fire hazard to me.... I do have a oil fill heater with thermostat built into it I was told those are safe to put in a grow tent and would not melt the tent or start a fire but that don't seam safe to me ?????don't know never used the heaters... I was thanking I could put the thermostat in the tent leave the heater outside by the intake fan which is in a 4x8x8 closet the tent is in... Would a small 5 or 10 inch heater work or would I have to use the oil-filled heater outside of the tent right next to intake... Do you know what heater would keep this tent heated at night?? It gets in the 20f range and colder her in the wenter .. I'm using a 200cfm fan to pull air in and 400cfm fan to pull air out..but I'm buying a controller to reduce the CFM of the 400cfm exhaust fan kuz it sucks tent walls in and bends the poles some even when hooked to filter.. sorry for my bad typing lol

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

idk man i think ifthat situation the oil filled heater outside the tent on a t stat in the tent is safest.no way to just bump your house temp a few degrees to keep the whole area warmer at night?. i run electric ceramic heaters in my shop but its 12 x 20 x 9.5 and its not right next to a plant of anything.lots of airmovement as well.

whitepistols

whitepistols

Jam a heater in a tent your going to have transpiration issues, pots drying to fast ect. Best way would to heat or cool the room then pull it into the tent.

Radiant heat in winter and runing led's a example. The led does not put out radiant heat like hps so the root zone is to cool. It will make you chase all kinds of deffciancy issues. The real issue is the roots are not warm enough and cannot function properly.

superweed420

superweed420

Jam a heater in a tent your going to have transpiration issues, pots drying to fast ect. Best way would to heat or cool the room then pull it into the tent.

Radiant heat in winter and runing led's a example. The led does not put out radiant heat like hps so the root zone is to cool. It will make you chase all kinds of deffciancy issues. The real issue is the roots are not warm enough and cannot function properly.
yeah I'm going to put the heater outside and let it suck through my exhaust... Really my question is what size heater would keep that grow room warm. I'll basically be keeping my closet warm not the room out side of it .I mean yes I will be pulling the air from outside of closet from the bedroom but I think it would be less money to heat the air as it's brought into the closet and sucked into the grow tent.. I do not have any fans bringing air into closet I just leave the closet door open and let the fan from the tent suck the air in.. I also don't blow heat up into the attic I just let it blow back into the bedroom it's a pretty big bedroom so I'm sure it don't hurt anything

superweed420

superweed420

I'll probably just wrap the tent with more blankets and heat it... My last house has central air and still had issues with it getting too cold at night location location I guess.. good thing is I'm waiting on a loan to get a new roof put on my house and a central air conditioner/heat so hopefully all that comes through before the winter and I don't have to worry about it because if I have central air then I will be heating my whole home way too expensive to run electric heaters throughout the whole house f*** that... But I may have to make an exception for that room don't really want to but if I have to then I will

whitepistols

whitepistols

I have the "big" issue. I over size when possible so I can dial it in. Its tough to honestly give a exact number.

If your having biggest issue fighting temps at nite then keep the lights on then then use the heater to adjust.

I bought a 95 pint dehuey so when it comes on its just a short period instead of working its guts out with a smaller unit.

You could get a ac controler and use it to run a heater instead of a ac. Just keep the probe at canopy level so you know the honest temp or a accurite if have to go cheap and adjust from thier so it will control the heater so you dont have to be on it constantly.

Yeah it will take a couple days of playing but once its set the only time it will need messed with is on those hard cold snaps.

Top Bottom