Best way to sex seedlings, clones for sexing?

• Thread starter Billwilson85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billwilson85

Billwilson85

I'm set up with an ez cloner 16 site and rapid rooter 50 sites in clone domes. So I started with 64 seeds, selected the best 20 and here I am with 20 girl scout cookie x lemon sour diesel seedlings clogging up the room with no clue if their male or female. Just set up for another room. I want to either clone these seedlings and force the little clones to bud so I know, or shock the seedlings into showing me some pistols or balls. I don't have space for males I've got 4 other strains guaranteed female.

Best way to sex seedlings clones for sexing
Best way to sex seedlings clones for sexing 2
dire wolf

dire wolf

You have quite a bit of planning ahead of you....
Start off by making 3 or 4 clones of each plant....
How much longer do you want to veg your main plants ?
When you say seedlings ? How old are those plants ?
Shocking is not a good idea

They dont look old enough to pull clones off ? Am i right or wrong ?

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Actually now that i see your tape measure , they are 24 inches ? So should be able to find 3 clones off each
Yea now i see clone sites...

dire wolf

dire wolf

Why dont you just make clones , number them , go into flowering since you are almost ready to flower entire crop .....
Identify your male and females off your main plants , then just keep female clones that correspond to your big plants ? That would be the easiest way ?
Is it because you have no room ? Because in a week , you will have plenty of room when you kill all the males...

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

I want to put at least one in the ground. Really wanted to hook some people up off cuttings from like 3. Hoped I'd have 6 females to bud, wasn't planning on setting up for budding indoor for another 6 weeks when I can take some outdoors. I'm down to stunt em a little bit I guess to show sex or chop for the clones and sex those if u think that would stunt them less. Saw a video of a guy budding clones in rockwool with no roots. Don't know if I should try that or shocking. Like under watering, or drop light from 18 6 to 12 12. Or crunching where the pistol should be and watching for a few days

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Might just say screw it and put them all into flower and just reveg a clone of the best for genetics for next year.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

I started this process 3 months ago, I don't know how ppl bank on seeds. I tossed 2/3 of them within weeks. I really want to do one outdoor straight in the ground.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yea , you can shock them , then sort of get them back on a veg schedeule , ivd done it ....that would work
But shock with light change , which isint really shock at all
Just flip em , then first signs of sex , flip em back ,especially since you have so much time

dire wolf

dire wolf

Might just say screw it and put them all into flower and just reveg a clone of the best for genetics for next year.
If you do this , why not take clones now , so you dont have to re veg the plant........

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

If you do this , why not take clones now , so you dont have to re veg the plant........
If I do that I may as well let them go the 6 more weeks then and get more weight. By then I could've sexed a clone too. So either way I'm stunting by cutting or flipping from 18 6 to 12 12 then back to 18 6. Looking for the least stressful method.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Take clones , flower every plant and you will see very quickly what’s what and you can additional clones from preflower plants. I’ve taken clones from full on budded plants so safe to do the flower now and sex select but take cuttings to ensure u have the genetic and label them well individually, I take a tray, flip it over, put masking tape and label each pick as they correlate to each one and it’s sure fire way to ensure you have a “hard copy “.

dire wolf

dire wolf

If I do that I may as well let them go the 6 more weeks then and get more weight. By then I could've sexed a clone too. So either way I'm stunting by cutting or flipping from 18 6 to 12 12 then back to 18 6. Looking for the least stressful method.
Taking cuttings now and flipping when you want is the least stressful method .....
Taking cuts does not stunt plants ....

Terpz719

Terpz719

Are any showing preflowers? Usually by day ±40 of veg they are indicating. You may just need to wait a few days.

http://i.invalid.com/sdsdwMj.jpg

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Are any showing preflowers? Usually by day ±40 of veg they are indicating. You may just need to wait a few days.
No pre flowers, been 2 months since I popped the seeds. I haven't seen a single preflower on anything and I started the room 4 months ago, all the rest started off 4 clones, and they made lots of babies. Can't make babies off em if I don't have a sex, I could flower them and get an ounce or two each, but I want to have some for budding in 6 weeks indoor, some for cloning, and one to do outdoor. So at least 4 out of 20. Lol. Either way 2 gal pots won't last much longer and it would be dumb dumb to put 20 in 10 gal pots or bigger without knowing what I got. Anyway since I haven't heard any tricks to getting them to show sex for a couple days/ pre flower, and it sounds like everyone says flipping 12 12 on for long enough to see something is a bad idea guess I'll I'll clone em and experiment on my clones to correlate sex. I'll number each plant and make a map on my rapid rooter plugs dome/ and transfer numbers onto cups. Probably gonna take me a good 3 weeks like this though to do what I want. May as well top em all, they're stretching too much and need to fill out. I appreciate everyone on here's time in helping me with my issues. Thank you

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Take clones , flower every plant and you will see very quickly what’s what and you can additional clones from preflower plants. I’ve taken clones from full on budded plants so safe to do the flower now and sex select but take cuttings to ensure u have the genetic and label them well individually, I take a tray, flip it over, put masking tape and label each pick as they correlate to each one and it’s sure fire way to ensure you have a “hard copy “.
Ya bro that's my plan. Plan on keeping a clone from each female alive til I harvest all of them and only keeping the best for next year. Started with 64 seeds. should be a good pheno hunt.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

My room is getting stuffed. And ya I know my cloner ran low on water and I'm losing a few over it. Overall I'm pretty happy cuz it all started with 4 week old cuttings and a handful of seeds, and the progress is exponential.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
My room is getting stuffed. And ya I know my cloner ran low on water and I'm losing a few over it. Overall I'm pretty happy cuz it all started with 4 week old cuttings and a handful of seeds, and the progress is exponential.
Busy room!!

Terpz719

Terpz719

No pre flowers, been 2 months since I popped the seeds. I haven't seen a single preflower on anything and I started the room 4 months ago, all the rest started off 4 clones, and they made lots of babies. Can't make babies off em if I don't have a sex, I could flower them and get an ounce or two each, but I want to have some for budding in 6 weeks indoor, some for cloning, and one to do outdoor. So at least 4 out of 20. Lol. Either way 2 gal pots won't last much longer and it would be dumb dumb to put 20 in 10 gal pots or bigger without knowing what I got. Anyway since I haven't heard any tricks to getting them to show sex for a couple days/ pre flower, and it sounds like everyone says flipping 12 12 on for long enough to see something is a bad idea guess I'll I'll clone em and experiment on my clones to correlate sex. I'll number each plant and make a map on my rapid rooter plugs dome/ and transfer numbers onto cups. Probably gonna take me a good 3 weeks like this though to do what I want. May as well top em all, they're stretching too much and need to fill out. I appreciate everyone on here's time in helping me with my issues. Thank you
No pre flowers... That sucks. Good luck!

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Busy room!!
Close to 200 now and I'm just getting started. I've got 6 domes I can put 50 rapid rooter plugs in. I'll fill 2 more up to add to the other 2 day after tomorrow. Cloning 20 seedlings is like 30 minutes so no big deal.

Top Bottom