Bestva Pro series, thoughts on these?

• Thread starter ItsAllMedical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ItsAllMedical

ItsAllMedical

My tents are only 900mm square, but my intention is to buy a bigger light than what I need and dial it down on a dimmer for better efficiency and greater led life. I'm sure these Chinese builds are pushed to their max.

I was all ready to press buy on a Bestva pro 4000. Like that they use Meanwell drivers, decent Samsung diodes and a good looking heatsink, with full spectrum LEDs including far red.

Having had a bit of a read around though, it seems like their customer service isn't the best. Mixed reports for sure...some talk of them not honouring warranties which worries me; I doubt PayPal has my back if this thing stops working two months in, and it's $459 USD. I can't rule out that it's competitor sabotage, it seems to happen a lot in this industry, but their Facebook page is a bit of a mess.

Thoughts? There seems to be little between the gold-plated lights out of my price range and Chinese ones that may or may not burn my house down. I'm scrogging & I want maximum yield from my reduced space - thanks to flu and working from home. I also need something that runs on 240VAC, and not everyone ships outside of USA, Canada & Europe.

ItsAllMedical

ItsAllMedical

I see Kingbrite gets recommended a lot too and they're within my budget. That leaves some decisions to make though...which colour temp? So many to choose from.

karolanne

karolanne

I looked at Mars Hydro & Spider Farmer too, but shipping costs to me are astronomical. Someone's selling TS3000 on DHgate for $240 USD, I gather this is a scam?
Do not buy lights on DHgate or any other chinese websites: you're gonna end up with a cheap copy.

I have Mars Hydro Epistar at the moment. Very powerfull (I had to move it a little higher because the tip of my plants were burning). But for my other tent, I now think about a BESTVA. I read a lot of good reviews about it. And when you look at it and compare it to other lights, it really bright more. I think it's a good price/quality light. We will see...

ItsAllMedical

ItsAllMedical

Do not buy lights on DHgate or any other chinese websites: you're gonna end up with a cheap copy.

I have Mars Hydro Epistar at the moment. Very powerfull (I had to move it a little higher because the tip of my plants were burning). But for my other tent, I now think about a BESTVA. I read a lot of good reviews about it. And when you look at it and compare it to other lights, it really bright more. I think it's a good price/quality light. We will see...

Thanks for that tip re knockoffs! Leaning towards a Kingbrite then. Bestva use quality parts or so it seems - I just don't like the reports of their customer service. Too many people saying that they stop replying to emails or haven't honoured warranties. Their Facebook page is a bit of a mess where they mock people who've been unpleasant in broken English. The reading I've done over the last few hours has put me off. Even a great product will have its duds; customer service is so important.

karolanne

karolanne

Thanks for that tip re knockoffs! Leaning towards a Kingbrite then. Bestva use quality parts or so it seems - I just don't like the reports of their customer service. Too many people saying that they stop replying to emails or haven't honoured warranties. Their Facebook page is a bit of a mess where they mock people who've been unpleasant in broken English. The reading I've done over the last few hours has put me off. Even a great product will have its duds; customer service is so important.
I didn't know about their customer services. I'll look into it.

I got my Mars Hydro 30% OFF. I started by looking where I could order it, bookmarked some websites and had a look regularly and BAM! sales.

Anthem

Anthem

Bestva has to be my personal favorite light review. I purchased a bestva light on Amazon a couple of years ago, based on the quality reviews the light received. I was at work and I got a text that my package had arrived with a picture of the package. There was items in the picture to allow me to get a scale of the size of the box. About 14" x 14", I was thinking that cannot be right. When I arrived home I found the size to be what was in the picture. I was like ok lets just give it a try. I hung the light and within a couple of days the stretch I was seeing from the plants trying to reach the light was obvious and I had no choice but to replace the light because it was no where near the power or quality it was advertised as having. I went ahead and send it back to Amazon and I wrote an accurate review of the light and how it performed. About a week later I received the first of numerous emails from Bestva. I quote, If you change your review to 5 stars you can keep the light and we will return your money. I kindly told them I would not do so and I would keep my review as it stood. They have contacted me about 5 to 8 times since trying to get me to change the review and I will not. If you think that is a quality light you are off your rocker. Bestva is the biggest rip off on the internet. They have nothing but fake reviews.

ItsAllMedical

ItsAllMedical

Bestva has to be my personal favorite light review. I purchased a bestva light on Amazon a couple of years ago, based on the quality reviews the light received. I was at work and I got a text that my package had arrived with a picture of the package. There was items in the picture to allow me to get a scale of the size of the box. About 14" x 14", I was thinking that cannot be right. When I arrived home I found the size to be what was in the picture. I was like ok lets just give it a try. I hung the light and within a couple of days the stretch I was seeing from the plants trying to reach the light was obvious and I had no choice but to replace the light because it was no where near the power or quality it was advertised as having. I went ahead and send it back to Amazon and I wrote an accurate review of the light and how it performed. About a week later I received the first of numerous emails from Bestva. I quote, If you change your review to 5 stars you can keep the light and we will return your money. I kindly told them I would not do so and I would keep my review as it stood. They have contacted me about 5 to 8 times since trying to get me to change the review and I will not. If you think that is a quality light you are off your rocker. Bestva is the biggest rip off on the internet. They have nothing but fake reviews.
Thanks, that kind of confirms some of my suspicions. It seemed a bit good to be true. Note I only said the parts are quality; I've got no idea what the build is like. I know when I got my blurple light a few years ago it was very common for sellers to lie about their output. I got a partial refund on my Chinese light because it was advertised as 300w - not 300w equivalent - and only pulled 130w from the wall.

karolanne

karolanne

You were right about their customer service. I went on their Facebook group and lot of people were complaining about it...

karolanne

karolanne

What light would you suggest?

Latest posts

Top Bottom