Better late than never!!

• Thread starter Newbie7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie7

Newbie7

Hey everyone! I am dough

So finally I am going to give home grow a kick start. Kick start because space and budget is not an issue but the climate and no experience whatsoever is one big problem haha!

So i have made a 7Wx4Dx8H ft. Grow room which also has a six inch opening at the bottom for better circulation. Now this grow room is within a big bathroom with lot of height so for say if the enclosure height ends at 8ft it still has another 4ft before it reaches the top of the bathroom. Also right above is a glass opening so there is ample of sunlight (not direct) throughout the day! It is already white inside out but I am still putting the reflectors inside. Now it will also get a air conditioner right on the above wall. Now I don’t know if it will be able to cool the whole area as the capacity is small compared to the area but it will surely cool down the grow room. I am going to put in a 200wt full spectrum as well.

Now for the medium I have decided to go for dwc as it looks easier to me to maintain. I have little doubt on this setup as we don’t get 5gallon single bucket and all here and difficult to assemble as well. So I have got a 2.5ft rectangular planter on which I have a wooden top with 2inch (I wanted 3inch but didn’t get) pots. Now is this alright? I am only going to plant 2 seeds in this setup as the size I doubt is small. Also because of this I have called for strains that don’t grow huge. I have got one AUTO PURPLE DIESEL and one AUTO STRAWBERRY GUM. Any tips there? I am just a little confused on how much to fill the reservoir like till what level? And when to top up and with what? Please help here!

Now that’s that. My main concern is the climate! Here where I live it goes up to 45 degrees! I do have a air conditioner in place though! Should I cover the glass opening for heat insulation and just run on 200w LED? Also is LST necessary? One last thing, after germination can I directly put it in the hydroponic system instead of growing it in coco peat? I just hope this hydroponic setup is alright for my strain size! Thanks everyone and I just had to put everything out all there at once :) peace!

Better late than never
Better late than never 2
Better late than never 3
Better late than never 4
Better late than never 5
Better late than never 6
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I like the possibilities of that setup, read up in threads here, search for hydro, dwc, ebb and flow and read up.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The search function is on the drop down menu to the left top. Scroll to search and man there is a ton on it

Top Bottom