Better part of a bad grow goes bad

• Thread starter Glassdub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Glassdub

Glassdub

I suspect these kolas had some unnoticed rot going on at cut that progressed at hang, think I got a little sloppy with the RH at flower combined with these huge Nebula kolas was a unfofseen recipe for disaster.
Can anything be salvaged or used from these or should I just compost?
So bummed this was my one good plant, the smaller buds seem ok & are still hanging.

IMG 20210905 200932
IMG 20210905 200926
elduderito

elduderito

aren't there some extraction methods that could be safe ? I seem to remember reading you can salvage moldy/rotten buds by making ice hash..?

Glassdub

Glassdub

aren't there some extraction methods that could be safe ? I seem to remember reading you can salvage moldy/rotten buds by making ice hash..?
Right, that's what I was thinking.
Per this:

Glassdub

Glassdub

Final trimmed the non kola buds, this strain is so gooey and almost mellon like inside I can understand why it would rot, been hanging a week in tent with small circulation fans for 8 days and it's still quite damp when my other 5 plants (Cinderella 99, Red Hot Cookies & Chemdog) were almost too dry at last trim. Temp 70 RH 56.
Still pulled a decent amount w/o the main kolas.

IMG 20210906 230305
Glassdub

Glassdub

I tried to dry slow to cure this time, & still went a bit dry, clipped to box bottoms & straight to Turkey bags, RH is 53 to 55%, surprisingly the Nebula is on the low end of that, still smells great jarring up later today. 🤷‍♂️

Ponky

Ponky

The best thing to make is a BHO extraction. Vaccum purge it. Whole setup is like 400. Plus you need a dab rig. Just don't blow up the house.

growsince79

growsince79

Unless you are allergic, it probably won't hurt you. They use infected grapes to make wine all the time. I throw it away anyways.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Unless you are allergic, it probably won't hurt you. They use infected grapes to make wine all the time. I throw it away anyways.
I was able to trim off the under buds from the main kolas which were rot free, got 120g in clean total, a pound+ over 6 plants so I'm pretty pleased, going to trim off whats good the main kolas & make tincture I think.

highacutance

highacutance

The ice hash is the best. Frenchie said the mold spores are lighter than the trichomes, so they float to the top while the trichomes sink. When the final bag is drained, the spores are small enough to go though the 25micron mesh, so you get rid of them coming and going.

Top Bottom