BHO coming out clear? Any ideas?

• Thread starter Paul Nepal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Paul Nepal

I have always been a bubble hash guy, but had the urge to try and make some BHO, got all the right equipment.

-Aluminum tube from extraction experts that holds 66 grams and has rubber stopper on top, clamp with mesh on bottom
-Case of Vector butane
-Pyrex dish
-All the needed items for a vac purge, including pump, guage, dome, heat gun, and other items I cant think of at the moment.

I have approx 3 lbs of small buds from this outdoor season, very frosted and of great quality

When I have run the BHO it is almost clear coming out the bottom, and I know it should be some shade of yellow. My thought is that I am packing the tube either too tight or too loose. So I have experimented and I am leaning towards the thought that I am packing too loose. The butane seems to drip out the bottom instead of coming out with force.

I hope I have given enough info to get some feedback

Help please

Amber

Amber

Are you filling the tube completely full? What is the temperature of the air you are doing this in?

Graywolf

Graywolf

How much oil is deposited after the butane evaporates off, as a percent of starting material weight?

P

Paul Nepal

Are you filling the tube completely full? What is the temperature of the air you are doing this in?

Yes, the tube is full IMO

Doing it outdoors in SoCal so temps have been mid 50's

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

sounds like a starting material issue personally...geedub?

1.5 per zip of crappy start material is certainly feasible..
ive blasted dickballsshit that yielded like a gram n half off like A qp so....
it was like hay tho..
i think many people dont understand the correlation between what goes in and what comes out...
(not saying thats you..)

were in socal..if u wanna peep my tech for more ideas, www.labhoroflove.proboards.com
Wax on!!

Graywolf

Graywolf

We yield in average just over 20% from prime bud and 10 to 12% on mixed trim, so your 6% yield is on the low side for prime material. I suggest examining the remains for trichome heads with a microscope, to find out what is left.

If there is nothing, that answers the question, and if there is more material to remove, I would repack and run the material again.

What is the outdoor temperature at your location right now?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Pack the tube and do it. Should solve your issues. By the way there are good and bad Butane out there so do your home work. Some have additives that will make your bho skanky. I only use Caibri

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

u should try something with less propane, see how it comes out for u...

Top Bottom