BHO equipment questions

• Thread starter Steve Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Steve Haze

Bho equipment questions
I purchased a box of BHO blasting equipment. Not sure if it’s all here. Looks like I am missing the bottom valve and collection chamber. I have the gaskets and collars, just didn’t attach them for the picture. So my questions: is this orientation correct? Does the site glass go between the cone and lid or at the bottom between dewaxing chamber and missing collecting cup? So product goes in the cone, dry ice on the outside of the dewaxing chamber. Does product go inside the dewaxing chamber or is this where the butane is “held”. And what is the tube on the bottom of the dewaxing chamber for? It says 710 SNOB but I didn’t see this type setup. Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate your input. Thanks, Steve

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
View attachment 896624I purchased a box of BHO blasting equipment. Not sure if it’s all here. Looks like I am missing the bottom valve and collection chamber. I have the gaskets and collars, just didn’t attach them for the picture. So my questions: is this orientation correct? Does the site glass go between the cone and lid or at the bottom between dewaxing chamber and missing collecting cup? So product goes in the cone, dry ice on the outside of the dewaxing chamber. Does product go inside the dewaxing chamber or is this where the butane is “held”. And what is the tube on the bottom of the dewaxing chamber for? It says 710 SNOB but I didn’t see this type setup. Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate your input. Thanks, Steve

It looks like you are missing quite a bit. I did BHO for a while. Here are the two threads i ran. Perhaps they can be of use to you.

Take a read and if you still have questions, please ask... Word of advice that was given to me.... "read, read, think about it; read some more ... don't be cheap, this is a very large bomb you are working with. Treat it like one..."

Buy the best parts your money can buy. I found the folks at Best Value Vacs to be most helpful, even if all you want to do is ask questions.

Best of luck to you.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
View attachment 896624I purchased a box of BHO blasting equipment. Not sure if it’s all here. Looks like I am missing the bottom valve and collection chamber. I have the gaskets and collars, just didn’t attach them for the picture. So my questions: is this orientation correct? Does the site glass go between the cone and lid or at the bottom between dewaxing chamber and missing collecting cup? So product goes in the cone, dry ice on the outside of the dewaxing chamber. Does product go inside the dewaxing chamber or is this where the butane is “held”. And what is the tube on the bottom of the dewaxing chamber for? It says 710 SNOB but I didn’t see this type setup. Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate your input. Thanks, Steve

what you have in the photo is a 6 or 8 in dewaxing column; a sight glass and a reducing column (goes on the bottom, connecting column to sight glass). I don't know what brand this is but this link will give you a quick read. You need lots more pieces before you try and use this. Please go to the concentrates section of this site and read all of the sticky threads. Especially the one about not blowing you and your loved one to kingdom come.

I don't do business with these folks it is just for your information.. https://www.usalab.com/8-open-sleev...cZV6PRN8Q_eZn7t3UD5ERcv9TKq1ZhSRoCvHwQAvD_BwE

Please, Please be careful.

D

DWC Farmer

I am pretty new to extracts, but I think my latest batch turned out amazing! All my equipment is diy, from my blast tube to my vacuum chamber, can't afford fancy equipment.
For a tube I completely emptied a butane can, popped of the valve and drove a wooden spike (no spark) into the valve to push it inside. Once that is done you cut the bottom of the can with a hack saw to whatever size. Mine will hold 4 ounces packed and the top hole is the perfect fit for a butane adapter.
For a vacuum pump I repurposed an a.c. compressor, added hose lines and a mason jar (temperary chamber).
Works awesome for me and results don't lie.

20191201 104643
20191201 104656
20191201 105312
20191129 074714

Blue Dream Shatter

20191129 164156
20191129 212239
20191129 233510
20191130 085355

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
-Safety First

-Buy new quality seals (dont go cheap). #1.

- Not sure what is in the box but you need a refridge scale, recovery tank, vac chamber/oven, lines (might want to get new ones) and a gauge to pressure test the system and a bunch of little odds and ends at the very least. The sous vide little heaters (make sure it goes below 100 degrees F) are great is you want to use warm water to hold a constant temp depending on how you run it for recovery.

-Lots of reading. Stuff like the terpernators have full on instructions u can DL to get a base on how the systems run in a nutshell and setup. Make sure to set it up and check everything for pressure leaks and check ALL the fittings/valves. Valves are a weak point so double check those. If you have a leak at any of them go with good ones like Swagelok or something similar.

-prepare the wallet

J

Jimikushking

Wondering if this thread is still open would definitely help out

Top Bottom