Bho question

• Thread starter MulberrysMeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MulberrysMeds

Our first run went well, we didn't blow ourselves up! Used all littles and trim from thin mint cookies, ken's GDP, blue cheese. After running it we whipped it on and off for a few hrs, while it was on a hotpad at 110 degrees. This was on Tuesday afternoon and it has been sitting on a hotpad since. It looks great, still needs a bit of time IMO.

My roomate wants to know if we can/want to purge this wax/butter substance, or is that something that needs to be done the day you do your run? Also, how long do we want to leave it on the hotpad, I know that we can end up losing some if we leave it on too long. I suggested a few more days/week... I put a picture up to get some input from anyone.... Cheers

Bho question
Concentration

Concentration

it has to be viscous to vacuum purge it , get a vacuum oven like this Dump 03312013 iphone 003 if you want to heat that much and purge it , otherwise , if you want help on whipping budder like this 02242013 deathstar new grow 1 , feel free to message me

Reebs

Reebs

damn, quite the rig there. you could just whip it over hot water in a pyrex dish, quicker you whip the better it smokes. just my 2 cents. i've tried vaccum purging and as it works very well, for someone just blowing there own trim, just whip it over hot water, let it cool down, repeat until it cools down to the consistency you want. the key and trick here that you will have to figure out is the temp's at which you heat and then re heat at.

Concentration

Concentration

yeah we use a dish first , to purge , then vacuum oven and then there are options , but i whip over a steam bath after its been purged in the oven and i can whip any way people want it,,, also vacuum chamber and vacuum oven not the same thing , i blast all kinds of trim , average around 600g a month ,., i could post 100's of pics like that scale pic , and i got the temps down , thanks i can also make budder back into shatter or whatever, which i have been doing more from myself recently , but 99% of people request budder , and that is my only source of income so i whip,, with a RGM #45 Plus pallet knife and a razor :) 10042012 nick white lightening run 2 walnut off scale

Concentration

Concentration

speed of whip doesn't make it smoke better , but a consistent whip without pause will help keep it from gettin chunky ,you can probably slow down and save your arm some work though... oh and thats 600g of bho a month , not starting material i don't usually weigh all that but i should for more data ... maybe ill make some youtubes showing the process one of these days

kweezy420

kweezy420

dam, lovely glob of budder there Con

wish i had material for 600g a month:rolleyes:

M

MulberrysMeds

anyone know anything about using a FoodSaver as the Vacuum purger? Going ghetto style for the moment and wanted to ask about it. Just got done running about 3.5 lbs of trim and we want to purge this batch.... Currently it's sitting in a water bath at around 125degrees.....wondering where to go from here. Last run we did we just had it sit on heating pad forever.

Recommendations on how long we should purge it for using the FS? Would it be better to do smaller portions of it or just scrape all onto parchment paper and then ball jar it?

workingmandead

workingmandead

anyone know anything about using a FoodSaver as the Vacuum purger? Going ghetto style for the moment and wanted to ask about it. Just got done running about 3.5 lbs of trim and we want to purge this batch.... Currently it's sitting in a water bath at around 125degrees.....wondering where to go from here. Last run we did we just had it sit on heating pad forever.

Recommendations on how long we should purge it for using the FS? Would it be better to do smaller portions of it or just scrape all onto parchment paper and then ball jar it?

I've used a FoodSaver with their canister and it didn't really work well at all. I would recommend getting a nice pump and chamber - especially since you are blasting 3.5 lbs.

M

MulberrysMeds

After messing with the food saver for a day and half, we decided it sucks. roomate decided to buy a nice setup. Now my new question. How should we store the goods til the new setup arrives in the next day or two? Currently on parchment in Pyrex with parchment laid on top at room temp. Can we keep it at room temp and when setup comes heat back up to purge with new setup, or should we keep heat mat purging it till new setup arrives?

workingmandead

workingmandead

That's is a good question Mulberrys. I would just store it at room temp until your new setup arrives. I don't think keeping it heated is absolutely necessary in this case. I was in the same situation and just had mine lying around on an non-stick pad until my chamber and pump showed up. I then purged it and it came out the way it was supposed to.

There may be another, more efficient method though.

Arkham Genetics

Arkham Genetics

@ Mulberry -

wax is pretty tough once you get it all extracted, you can leave it out at room temp, put it in the fridge, do pretty much whatever you want to do as long as temps never go over about 160°.

I recently had some stuff in the fridge for 2 weeks before it was purged and it came out just as good as usual. I just stuck it on some parchment paper and pulled it out when i was ready to finish it up.

Irishguy83

Irishguy83

Sorry to jump in on this but I have the vacuum and chamber..... what do i use under the chamber which is being purged

Top Bottom