bho vac oven

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

patty sized? we tend to purge for 12-24 hours minimum, but our slabs are about the size of the rack on a 1.9 oven time three shelves. if you had a ton of ovens and the ability to run super super thin, awesome, but we are always dealing with various constraints. i wouldn't think anything patty sized would be done in 45 min at 115. ultimately a residual test is what has the final say.

I know we talk about purging the best we can, but I know a lot of places in the bay area that failed the residual test at the secret cup and they are big named outfits. people want taste, and sometimes things that are tasty have more butane in them. how much is not for me to say. I guarantee their sales did not suffer and they were only teased by other oil makers. If we were really so healthy and concerned about what we put in our bodies, there wouldn't be fast food restaurants

C

chase R

Can anyone recommend a good pump for the AI 1.9 cubic foot Vacuum oven? Debating between the standard pump that AI sells 2.5 CFM single phase; or a dual phase Robinarre 15800 8CFM pump. going to be doing alot of large runs

pork

pork

12-24 hours will have things start to honeycomb on me pretty badly...i know some strains are more prone to autobuddering than others...but this seems a little absurd with parts of the slab being shatter and some parts being honeycomb....

Graywolf

Graywolf

Can anyone recommend a good pump for the AI 1.9 cubic foot Vacuum oven? Debating between the standard pump that AI sells 2.5 CFM single phase; or a dual phase Robinarre 15800 8CFM pump. going to be doing alot of large runs

You don't need a two stage pump and boil away the cannabinoids at ambient temperatures, when you pump that low.

@pork... there is no strain that autobudders, you have something going wrong in your process/technique such as contaminant, uneven heat, purging too quickly, water, etc.

I would go with the two stage 8cfm robinaire as an inexpensive way to go and you can pick it up via amazon.

I realize GW talks about not needing it, but almost EVERYONE uses two stage pumps. Look at all the secret cups and what not and the winners... they are all using big pumps. They smell great, taste great, usually pass residual tests, etc. I'd like to see GW enter his product and see how well his "techniques" work.

Sirdabsalot

Sirdabsalot

Haha...

Seriously?
I smell jelly :)

Who's holding some peanut butter?
;)

I joke, I joke...

On a serious note....

@GW hello my friend!.
Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn

My brother, I just purchased a single stage 2.5 CFM pump that is rated at 75u.

I constructed a chamber inspired from a hybrid of your DYI and Glab from this forum.

So, I'm ready to rock and roll.

My question....
Being rated at 75 micron, should I shorten purge times? As to avoid boiling away tasty terps?

I bought this pump as Harbor Freight had a deal in which I could not resist
Retail: 139.99$
Sale price: 99.99$
25% off coupon: $80.00

Thanks in advance.
SDA

Last edited:
pork

pork

@pork... there is no strain that autobudders, you have something going wrong in your process/technique such as contaminant, uneven heat, purging too quickly, water, etc.

uneven heat in the oven could certainly be in...i use a laser thermometer and let things settle in the oven before pulling the pump on it for half hour to a hour....

what do you mean by too quickly?

water gets in mostly through condensation? i freeze my tubes before blasting them if that helps...i do blast into a mason jar and then pour into a pyrex sitting in hot water after blasting...would that time in the jar during blast be enough to add that much water?

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Here is the oven and pump u need to purge with, it makes the best BHO everybody loves it.............GM
DSC05300
DSC05303
DSC05310
DSC05335
DSC05316
DSC05332
DSC05328
DSC05329
DSC05435

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

im looking to buy a vac oven that can purge a bunch of oil quick and painlessly. anyone have any links they could share? i know there was a high times with bho dabs as the main theme and there was an ad in it f0r vac oven help a brother out one tyme
Ebay

uneven heat in the oven could certainly be in...i use a laser thermometer and let things settle in the oven before pulling the pump on it for half hour to a hour....

what do you mean by too quickly?

water gets in mostly through condensation? i freeze my tubes before blasting them if that helps...i do blast into a mason jar and then pour into a pyrex sitting in hot water after blasting...would that time in the jar during blast be enough to add that much water?

there isn't enough uneven heat for it to be an issue. think about all the people who make shatter and use pots... we all started there before we started using ovens. letting the oil relax for that time period is a good thing. you should never let your oil cool till much later in the purging process... then you need more heat to break the surface bond that cooling allowed the oil to form.

pork

pork

i try and keep the oil in the 95+ range until after its out of the oven...go from water bath to parchment to oven....should i be flipping the slabs during the purge?

you can always bump up temps ... sometimes you need to go higher with thicker slabs or certain strains. When you think your slab is done, pull it out, let it cool enough to peel it off and flip it. stick it in the oven again, let it warm up, then pull a vac again and see what happens

A

AlterEgo860

That would be very helpful if you could convince a couple of manufacturers to send you a few vac ovens for testing. I really don't think they are aware of the market that is developing in this regard.

As far as Vac Ovens I think I'll go with a new one as opposed to used.

I found this one on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Ambient-12x12...ilizing/dp/B009WSJNNQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_indust_2

This is a quote from part of the product description:

Best choice for the curing and converting of oil extracts. With deep vacuum level, they can operate at temperatures which allow the degassing/purging process to occur rapidly, thus increase productivity and allow for the production of superior quality products with minimal processing time.

How accurate and reliable it is I don't know. After reading your article on refurbishing a vac oven my concern is how well it will hold consistently at 115 F.

Do you have a recommendation regarding size/type of vacuum pump for these ovens? If you've posted this info on your site I have no problem going back and doing another search.

Thanks again for sharing the knowledge, my results have consistently gotten better with each batch.

ive seen one of these in action at a lab in my area last time I went to have my soil and water tested.. and they said it will hold vacuum perfectly. and is within 1 degree of the set temp.. so for 1300 bucks its a great deal .

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

i'll try the flip...

@GrowMaster how long did that take to purge?
12 to 24 hr depending on size of slab, and definitely flip ur slabs and purg both sides, that big dark slab took 24hr its dark like that cause its 2 slabs put together, and it was some aged trim......GM

Last edited:
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

The only way to blast is with glass fuck all the others:D..............GM
DSC05455
DSC05453
DSC05454

Latest posts

Top Bottom