Supporter
Extract taken from Pukka seeds webby

"Big Bad John (auto flowering)

"You heard of the low rider well this is the high rider"
Big Bad John (auto flowering)
Type Indoor/Outdoor
Flowering 7 weeks
Yield 400-450g/m2

This variety has been a long time coming and definitively confirms that the times they are a changing! As believe it or not this is deciduous herbaceous perennial strain!

For those of you that are not that horticulturally aware this means it has the ability to re-emerge after it has died.

Yes the seeds and not so commonly the plant can over winter and re-emerge come the spring, as in this little, or should we say big beauty will auto flower once it is established - if left to be it will set seeds, then these seeds will grow and then these plants will do the same thing so on and so forth ad infinitum!

For those of you that have still not seen the light, this means that it can grow wild and if left unchecked will colonise the areas where it is placed! in one season it can produce 3-4 generations of offspring and as each generation matures they will do the samething!

In plain English this variety can grow wild and colonise - if left will come back with a vengeance every season there after!

This strain has similar genetic characteristics as the Long John Silver (auto flowering) variety however is more productive both in yield and active ingredients compared to its more mellow younger brother.

Other seed banks have tried to buy the entire supply from us to stop these seeds hitting the market for fear of what this would do to the seed industry! But lol this is more important than mere money! - let these seeds go forth and prosper and re take what is rightfully theirs :) "

This sounds to good to be true, does anyone live in rural wales :nerd

M

Morva

I read this somewhere else, it seems fishy to me.
What they describe seems to be the natural life cycle of any plant - if seeds are left, they'll drop and plants will grow...
They should really also stop trying to use big words and just call this a "perennial" strain, if it actually IS one. To be perennial, the original plant would have to survive winter (after shedding its leaves, if its deciduous), then reveg and bloom again for at least 2 years to be considered.
They are calling this phenomenon "auto-flowering", too. It seems that they are very confused.

the plant can over winter and re-emerge come the spring, as in this little, or should we say big beauty will auto flower once it is established - if left to be it will set seeds, then these seeds will grow and then these plants will do the same thing so on and so forth ad infinitum!

H

hanuman

Yeah obviously if "left to be", the seeds are going to fall on the floor and germinate the following spring. How do they think it took place before man started to grow ganja, or even in the present day in the wild, in countries like India or Pakistan? I've seen with my own eyes big slopes covered with "jungle" plants in the Himalayas...

As for revegging after dying... :giggle It'd be great to have some sort of proof, not just words :)

h

E

El Barto

Interesting.

This variety has been a long time coming and definitively confirms that the times they are a changing! As believe it or not this is deciduous herbaceous perennial strain!

For those of you that are not that horticulturally aware this means it has the ability to re-emerge after it has died.

Sounds like complete and utter bullshit to me. I'd be interested to hear what the experts think.

T

TurboGSR96

Sounds like complete and utter bullshit to me. I'd be interested to hear what the experts think.

Likewise, if this was somehow true I know a great place for a set it and forget it type of grow however.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
If they have found a perennial pheno, that would mean a major change in the way cannabis is grown. :smoke guerillia farming on a whole new level!

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
sure man, i know what a perennial is, i studied horticulture for 2 years, peace.. :giggle

O

ole_boy

if this is right does that mean i could really become johnny marijuana seed?

F

fi_di_bot

is a simply auto flowering strain like low#1, low#2, white dwarf, dysel ryder. Masterlow, power stout, blue streak and so on.

probabily they cross one of their "strain" with a low#1 or low#2, then backcrossed it 3 time to stabilize the af genes. nothing hard or impossible to do (i'm doing the same thing with 3 "strain" but i gift my seeds)

260 dollar? auhahuah auhauahuahuhau hauahuahauhauhau they are crazy!
some friends of mine grow some seeds from pukka and doggie nuts, but nothing incredible that give a sense to the high cost of their seeds!

pls spend your cash in a better way:muscle

A

Abraxas

Pernennial? I remember reading this on another site earlier this year. If real, I still think it would be more of a novelty. We can always plant more seeds and clones, right? I would rather get some Guerilla Gold genetics and breed them out year after year.........

S

stone69

Arent they saying it will produce seeds two or three times a year? Hhmmm....

F

frankie-smiles

Have none of you heard of these guys before, pukka seeds, doggies nuts seeds etc. This guy is a well known scamer in the UK. Massive prices seem to be his thing. Normally you hear of newby growers buying off him when they first start out cuz his sites are quite high profile. Do a search for pukka seeds and doggies nuts and you should see a shitload of hate. He has seeds at £500 for 10, WTF!!!

Satta

Satta

frankie-smiles is bang on. :angry 'Sukka' seeds are bunch of assholes with alot of marketing crap. These days any seed company that doesn't have an established reputation or represent on the canna forums has got to be suspect. Please don't be taken in by glossy pictures and some hype words. I'm sure that sticking around here will get you the results you need.:rauch08:

D

Damon123

Hi guys i know this thread is a bit outdated

To continue on from the above yes the strain of remerging from the plant does exist it started in a strain called long john silver why it never took off??? Well this strain came out around the time that people discovered hydroponics. And as far as i know it was developed in england if i remember correctly.and the actual strain lets say you grow 10 plants 5 are male (DAMN) 5 are female (YEY) Well the 5 male polinate the 5 female k (not desireable). Think about this no one goes and rips out the males and only prunes and takes the buds off the females and lets say takes as many seeds out as possible or shakes the marijuanna trees before taking the buds okay so now what we have after taking the buds and smoking them in The long john silver plant is a plant that grows normally and with 5 males and 5 females after the seeds have dropped fast forward to spring the next year out of the 5 males and 5 females we will say 3 males and 3 females will start regrowing or vegging again. This is the genes that were created in long john silver now along with the 3 males and 3 females the seeds that sat over winter 50 percent start growing and the cycle will begin again near winter of course the plants that didnt regrow get ripped and thrown away and of course eventually you have a good regrown crop of dope that goes generations in the future with everyyear think about it the majority of grow areas start again on an old plant this is great!!! as from there the plant grows bigger aka bigger yeilds and you know what the plant is like from the year before. What the low rider version offers is that ability to regrow from a dead plant now think about this. A low rider version you start 10 plants 5 male 5 female you grow them they grow in two months from seed to plant now you take the seed from that in the later half of the growing summer plant them and pull any plants from the original crop that dont grow straight away again then the second generation get up and running in 2 months then they do the same go to seed then either you get one more crop out of it then all the plants go dormant for winter being too cold and that and summer you get the same all the plants that regenerate come back and think about it the ones that do comeback allways polinate the females that come back so you get more likely regeneration now the seeds coming back from a long winter are only around 50% or so but with a field of regenerating autoflowering plants outside your set but the autoflowering big bad johns are basically no point in hydro. plus the idea of having a crop in the same area more then a year in a row is bad as cops will find eventually.... But the idea and genes are a great idea if you have a place in the middle of nowhere and can get a crop established without animal interference then you might be okay. Anyway thats the history of the long john silver. it came along around the wrong time thats all

Top Bottom