Big fan leaves/cut or Lst

• Thread starter 757grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

757grower

What's up everyone, I have 3gal fabric pot purple octane in fox farm ocean Forrest. What could I do to help get more light on the area under large fan leaves.. I was thinking of trimming one of them on one side and see how it goes but not sure if should or try doing Lst.. thanks for any input.

Big fan leavescut or lst
Big fan leavescut or lst 2
Big fan leavescut or lst 3

757grower

I'm trying get help on why plant is like this, never had one grow short and big fan leaves like this one.. but checked this morning and plant leaves perked up alittle. Should I try doing lst or cut one fan leave in half or so? Thanks

R

ritoMox

What's up everyone, I have 3gal fabric pot purple octane in fox farm ocean Forrest. What could I do to help get more light on the area under large fan leaves.. I was thinking of trimming one of them on one side and see how it goes but not sure if should or try doing Lst.. thanks for any input.
I'm thinking maybe something to prop the leaves up and supplemental CFL's✌️

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm thinking maybe something to prop the leaves up and supplemental CFL's✌️
Red led lights will help stretch it upwards, I bought 4 - cheap 4ft red led lights to use as under canopy boosters....it didn't work...I put the lights in my veg room and i noticed it had a stretching effect on my girls. I veg under T5 fluorescent and I noticed within 1 week the difference in growth from them.

I've seen plants like that years ago Indicas that grew short & fat with real thick & heavy buds, maybe you have a winner with it, look after her and like Moered says lift you're lower leaves off the soil or cut them back a bit

Looking at them again , is it cold where you are growing them? 72f ish is a bit too cold with lights on, if you can and it is cold get more heat around her, I use a 150w heat lamp on a dimmer switch to come on with the lights as heat not directed at the plant or I've some 75 w reptile radiant heat lamps I have in a small lamp I set in the bottom of the tent...up to 78 - 80 lights on is where you want to be.

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

I never touch them in veg.the branches will soon poke out past those leaves.if it wasnt so droopy it wouldnt b so bad..whether its over watering.enviroment or roots cold i wouldnt have a clue.is that the temp or humidity on the guage..

R

ritoMox

Red led lights will help stretch it upwards, I bought 4 - cheap 4ft red led lights to use as under canopy boosters....it didn't work...I put the lights in my veg room and i noticed it had a stretching effect on my girls. I veg under T5 fluorescent and I noticed within 1 week the difference in growth from them.

I've seen plants like that years ago Indicas that grew short & fat with real thick & heavy buds, maybe you have a winner with it, look after her and like Moered says lift you're lower leaves off the soil or cut them back a bit

Looking at them again , is it cold where you are growing them? 72f ish is a bit too cold with lights on, if you can and it is cold get more heat around her, I use a 150w heat lamp on a dimmer switch to come on with the lights as heat not directed at the plant or I've some 75 w reptile radiant heat lamps I have in a small lamp I set in the bottom of the tent...up to 78 - 80 lights on is where you want to be.
So cool! Yes, just do the opposite of what you'd normally do when growing! I love me some interactive online learning!👍✌️

Last edited:
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I'm trying get help on why plant is like this, never had one grow short and big fan leaves like this one.. but checked this morning and plant leaves perked up alittle. Should I try doing lst or cut one fan leave in half or so? Thanks
It’s exactly how mine is growing a few of them at least, same thing last grow, a lot of the crowding is because of my LST i tuck the bigger leaves under the growth sites to allow the light in, they usually overtake the leaves within a few days and then you can leave the leaves alone I do try to keep them off the soil but they are resting on top of my cover crop lol

98C78F4F CCDE 4CE4 989A 0D48085D112F
Habosabin

Habosabin

I've noticed that when they grow really fast they have this droopy look until they hit their veg stride. Is this a new light? I noticed my light keeps a very short but dense crop.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks like improper watering and what’s the temperature and humidity for lights on and off?
what kind of light?
how far away?..

757grower

Alittle update: lights I'm using right now until my bigger light comes, mars hydro ts600 and vivosun vs1000 with light dimmer on 75%. With the lights on its gets 77 and humidity usually around 55 to 60%.. lights off around 7o and humidity 55 60.. I usually water every 2/3 days... The distance the lights are vivosun around 25" away and mars hydro 23".. should I have the vivosun light on 100%? I've had it on 75% for about wk almost 2 now..

20220919 071656
20220919 071725
20220919 071728

757grower

I lowered the lights to about 18" to 20" for vivosun and mars around 16" to 18" then added a little led light with more red in lights to see if helps with stretching upwards more which is about 10" away from top since its not the much watts.. but i did end up cutting about 2 fan leaves off and gave it some nutrients after for root shock and seems to take it well no issues as of right now...

R

ritoMox

I lowered the lights to about 18" to 20" for vivosun and mars around 16" to 18" then added a little led light with more red in lights to see if helps with stretching upwards more which is about 10" away from top since its not the much watts.. but i did end up cutting about 2 fan leaves off and gave it some nutrients after for root shock and seems to take it well no issues as of right now...
Wouldn't you get better stretch by instead raising the light/s?

757grower

Yea but the height I had them at I read up on and found out it was higher than what it needed to be... waiting till I get my mars hydro fc-3000 so will have enough watts in my grow tent.

The_word

The_word

Howdy.

Personally I would not have any leaves touching substrate. This is a really short plant, is that genetics or you looking for some help there? Is it running cold there?
100% on point

The_word

The_word

You should never let the plant's leaves touch anything other than fresh, warm air. You will end up with rotten leaves at best. At worst all kinds of bullshit. Hope it came out well, peace ✌️

Top Bottom