Bio-insecticides Pfr-97

• Thread starter nightmarecreature
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nightmarecreature

I couldn't find an insecticide forum, so I thought this would be the best place.

This Bio-insecticide PFT-97 is very expensive but it controls and kills just about every pest. I don't have bugs but I'm always looking for a preventative, this stuff looks like a one size fits all killer and it's organic to boot!
It even controls the cyclamen mite and broad mite. It kills everything, thrips, aphids, every pest I can think of. Once every two week in a pump sprayer and I would be golden.

It's even available in California now. Has anyone used this stuff in their garden? I'm seriously thinking about ordering some.

Here's some cool info on it.
http://extension.psu.edu/plants/veg...ticides-for-vegetable-and-small-fruit-growers

Please don't even mention Ogbiowar, it did nothing for EVERY single bug I faced, including fungis gnats, Gnatrol took care of them.

N

nightmarecreature

If you use their middle ratio for applied ounces per 100 gallons, it would come out to 0.21 ounces per gallon or about 1/4 ounce per gallon. Half a gallon would be enough to do my entire room, that's 1/8th of an ounce. At 5 pounds, that would last me a very very long time.

Tnelz

Tnelz

So I have faced the worst of the worst head on. Nuclear tactics. Lol. But just saying caps foliar on a preventative scale is great stuff. I don't feel like it's a killer however a medium properly inoculated with it def prevents infestation. Not saying it's always 100 but what is. One must look past the label on that one. It contains may things people pay tons of money for. Just saying it's solid stuff as a preventative. So I read the link. Not sure I would trust that against root aphids. Lol. To be honest if I didn't smash them with merit I wouldn't trust that either. Granted it's nuclear but it worked. Different strokes for different folks and I am planning on doing some more reading on this product because it does look promising in a few respects. Respect.

N

nightmarecreature

Correct, you have to have high humidity for at least 10 hours or so. That's not very hard for me because I just pour a small layer of water on the floor. Inside my or when I was running a tent. Then just turn off the fans.

I didn't see Cyclamen mites on the label but I did see broadmites. I should call them and see what they say about Cyclamen mites. It says Aphids on the label, root Aphid are Aphids. Conserve SC doesn't state Root Aphids on the label, but with a soil drench, it kills them easily in one drench.

N

nightmarecreature

OGBiowar is terrible stuff, that's my opinion on it, it's not concentrated enough. I threw it in the trash seriously. I gave it 6 months, nothing. The funny part about Ogbiowar is, everyone who uses it seems to have bugs. Spore count doesn't mean anything, dead spores are counted toward the spore count. Gnatrol added to my nute mix and I don't see gnats for an entire 2 weeks. They don't even go near the stuff to lay eggs for awhile. If OGbiowar worked, you would see farmers using it. Agro Companies don't mess around, I see a huge difference using products made for farming pests. Even Organic Agro farming products work. A good example is Spinosad, I used the Spinosad from the hydro stores and Home Depot. The stuff didn't work. I forked out the money for Conserve SC (Spinosad), that stuff killed, Root Aphids,Thrips,Gnats,Two Spotted Spider Mites. I use a root spore product that works way better than Biowar, and it only costs me $40 for 2.2lbs shipped.
I don't BS people, if biowar worked, I would say it. Please no more OGBiowar talk, I don't even want to hear about that stuff.

I'm pretty happy using Gnatrol and Conserve SC, those two products and I have been bug free since. I would be happier using one product and one that even takes out Broad mites.
The PFR-97 is expensive but you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
N

nightmarecreature

This is for preventative maintenance. If I had Broadmites, I would just spend $22 and buy a Pylon TR fogger from Ebay or Amazon. Use nasty chemicals once, so you don't have to use them again. Then follow up with something like PFR-97.

Tnelz

Tnelz

OGBiowar is terrible stuff, that's my opinion on it, it's not concentrated enough. I threw it in the trash seriously. I gave it 6 months, nothing. The funny part about Ogbiowar is, everyone who uses it seems to have bugs. Spore count doesn't mean anything, dead spores are counted toward the spore count. Gnatrol added to my nute mix and I don't see gnats for an entire 2 weeks. They don't even go near the stuff to lay eggs for awhile. If OGbiowar worked, you would see farmers using it. Agro Companies don't mess around, I see a huge difference using products made for farming pests. Even Organic Agro farming products work. A good example is Spinosad, I used the Spinosad from the hydro stores and Home Depot. The stuff didn't work. I forked out the money for Conserve SC (Spinosad), that stuff killed, Root Aphids,Thrips,Gnats,Two Spotted Spider Mites. I use a root spore product that works way better than Biowar, and it only costs me $40 for 2.2lbs shipped.
I don't BS people, if biowar worked, I would say it. Please no more OGBiowar talk, I don't even want to hear about that stuff.

I'm pretty happy using Gnatrol and Conserve SC, those two products and I have been bug free since. I would be happier using one product and one that even takes out Broad mites.
The PFR-97 is expensive but you get what you pay for.
So like I said to each his own and I def respect ur opinion. It does say aphids bro and I realize u have an immense amount of knowledge respect for sure. But aphids that live above ground on the leaves and root aphids are far from the same thing. That's like saying a sparrow and an eagle are the same because they r both birds. There is a huge difference. As for conserve sc and spinosad in general it's phenomenal stuff. Well worth the money as a preventative and a control. But root aphids will take all the conserve u can throw at them and ask for more. I'm talking an infestation here not a couple aphids on a few leaves in an outdoor grow. Indoors against most pests I have suggested and will continue to suggest people get conserve but not root aphids. There is plenty or available material that clearly says Spispinosad is an ineffective control for root aphids. Only a couple things known to wipe them acephate and imiclroprid. Excuse the spelling.lol. If we r speaking on what agro companies or large scale farmers use to control them their is millions of pages on what they use. I'm just saying to consider an aphid an aphid is nuts they r far from the same thing. I suppose a better example would be soil mites and spider mites. Same thing a more but far from the same thing. Now as for caps stuff. This is a conversation I had the other day. People like what they like but the one thing I have always seen was their concentration. I would agree spore count means shit if their all dead but are they? I haven't had bugs in forever except root aphids that were given to me by a clone. My bacterial product of choice is ogbiowar all day however I do like og special sauce and these days grokashi. Curious if u have scoped og to see all the dead spores. If I am wasting my money and u can show me that I def don't want to continue to do it.lol. Hope u aren't taking any of this as argueing bro. Not what I'm doing. Just trying to enlighten u on some things and get some wisdom from u as well. Respect.

Tnelz

Tnelz

After further reading on the stuff u mentioned I do feel it may help against root aphids. I won my battle by first using merit 75 to kill them in two treatments and ultimately transplanted into soil inoculated with met 52. Never to be seen from again. So this particular product works in the same way as met apparently just a different fungus. Id def try it. Once I run out of met.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I couldn't find an insecticide forum, so I thought this would be the best place.

This Bio-insecticide PFT-97 is very expensive but it controls and kills just about every pest. I don't have bugs but I'm always looking for a preventative, this stuff looks like a one size fits all killer and it's organic to boot!
It even controls the cyclamen mite and broad mite. It kills everything, thrips, aphids, every pest I can think of. Once every two week in a pump sprayer and I would be golden.

It's even available in California now. Has anyone used this stuff in their garden? I'm seriously thinking about ordering some.

Here's some cool info on it.
http://extension.psu.edu/plants/veg...ticides-for-vegetable-and-small-fruit-growers

Please don't even mention Ogbiowar, it did nothing for EVERY single bug I faced, including fungis gnats, Gnatrol took care of them.

Hey bud OG BIOWAR foliar pack has the same shit as Met52 and PFR-97. Isaria is the same as Paecilomyces. Sorry you didn't have any luck with it. There certainly are a lot of people who do. I am sure that OG BIOWAR will give you a full refund on your purchase if you feel like it didn't work. If you like you can take the foliar pack and mix it with a little water and put it under the scope to see all the live cultures in action. Sorry it didn't work for you but I have seen first hand the damage it has done to RA, fungus gnats, powdery mildew, grasshoppers, and whitefly. Never had BM so I can't comment on those although I have heard of many people using it with success. Doesn't work for me that well on mites either but mites aren't really a big deal when you compare them to RA or BM.

Last edited:
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
in general contact shit wont work effectively on broad mites - they live in subedermal tissue where sprays dont really penetrate - so you need a miticide that has transmaccular (systemic) properties

N

nightmarecreature

Hey bud OG BIOWAR foliar pack has the same shit as Met52 and PFR-97. Isaria is the same as psedomonas. Sorry you didn't have any luck with it. There certainly are a lot of people who do. I am sure that OG BIOWAR will give you a full refund on your purchase if you feel like it didn't work. If you like you can take the foliar pack and mix it with a little water and put it under the scope to see all the live cultures in action. Sorry it didn't work for you but I have seen first hand the damage it has done to RA, fungus gnats, powdery mildew, grasshoppers, and whitefly. Never had BM so I can't comment on those although I have heard of many people using it with success. Doesn't work for me that well on mites either but mites aren't really a big deal when you compare them to RA or BM.

No hard feelings man. You grow some nice dank. I didnt have any luck with it, I gave it a real chance. None of the growers I know in person did either. I bought Gnatrol for gnats and it worked right away, biowar and Gnatrol both have BT, so I was scratching my head on that one. I had Two Spotted mites and the biowar knocked them back but didnt get rid of them. I bought Conserve SC, two sprays and they were gone for good. I picked up some clones that had root aphids from my buddy that he bought from Progressive Options. Hit them with Biowar and it killed a few. Two weeks later I hit them with Conserve, next day, they were all toast. Followed up with more Conserve to take care of any new hatchlings and gave them back to my friend. I have a real bad thrip problem in the summer and the Conserve works great for me.

I dont mind paying $235 for 5lbs of the PFR-97, it less expensive than Biowar although I dont need that much, the stuff will last me a lifetime if I keep it in the fridge. When I do buy it, I'll report back with my results, pictures and all. I know plenty of people with bugs that I can test the 97 on.

Last edited:
N

nightmarecreature

in general contact shit wont work effectively on broad mites - they live in subedermal tissue where sprays dont really penetrate - so you need a miticide that has transmaccular (systemic) properties

Trust me, Pylon TR foggers will lay to waste ANY bug for $22. I just hate using that stuff.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I am very familiar with pylon - and its form of action is in fact transmaccular (fogger or spray) - thats why it is effective on broads, cyclamens and rust mites

however to really effectively treat for any of those you should also use a miticide that works on the eggs such as forbid or judo

you do a one - two punch about a week apart and never use the same miticide twice on the same infestation

transmaccular means the poison is absorbed and concentrated into the growing tips

N

nightmarecreature

I am very familiar with pylon - and its form of action is in fact transmaccular (fogger or spray) - thats why it is effective on broads, cyclamens and rust mites

however to really effectively treat for any of those you should also use a miticide that works on the eggs such as forbid or judo

you do a one - two punch about a week apart and never use the same miticide twice on the same infestation

Exactly! Some chemicals kill the hatchlings, adults, and the eggs. I love the foggers because it cleans out the whole room. There is no where to hide.

N

nightmarecreature

Happy
fwiw i saw that pfr - 97 for about 130 when I was doing some research on it

Nice! Send me a link to that!

Here's a no bullshit list as to which chemicals do what and which ones kill eggs.

Cyclamen mites

Last edited:
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah man - no worries - I like a deal - lol

honestly Im not even sure how I remembered that - since it was half of what you said it had me second guessing myself

fwiw here is the chart I use for mite reference (pdf) it shows which products are not compatible to rotate and which ones kill eggs etc

View attachment MiticideGuide2010.pdf
Last edited:
Top Bottom