Hey there farmers. I am 2 weeks into my grow and here is what I have so far:

1 - 73"x73"x73" Tent
1 - 4" vortex heavy duty fan with a homemade carbon filter
3 - 6" inline fans
1 -3x3" ebb and flo table with resevoir and stand
1 - 1000watt HPS/MH switchable ballast
1 - air cooled reflector
2 - 6 inch clip on fans

Ok I am planning on completely changing my set up in the next week or 2. Right now I have 1 6" can fan blowing air into the tent from the outside, 1 can fan pushing air through my hood with a 4" vortex pulling the air out and that air goes out my window.

I plan on setting up 1 tent that can hold 6 - 8 of some sort of hydro pot system with res and controler. Thinking a 5x5 or 4x8 tent could achieve this.

Then I want to have a small maybe 2x4 tent with a rack set up inside for vegging.

anyways, here are my girls so far. This pic is from about 24 hours ago, They will wake up soon and I will be snapping new clearer pictures of them.

I've had some problems with nute burning and over feeding in week 1 and beggining of week 2. I started from clones that I got from Cloneville in Studio City. The clones are:

SFV OG
OG x Bubba
White Widow
Super Lemon Haze
Mad Man OG
Tahoe OG
Diablo OG
Herijuana OG (i don't think shes going to make it, she hasn't grown roots since day 1 but is still kinda alive...i think...will post a pic)

I don't expect much from this grow. Its really been a great learning experience so far and I can't wait to improve on my set up so I can achieve much better results in the future.

I am using the Lucas formula and have had the same rez for 2 weeks. It has been stable recently at a 6.0-6.2 ph. my ppm's have been in the 800-900 range steadily recently as well.

I'm also watering 2 times a day manually. Can anyone help me with figuring out a good time schedual to set up? So far I've just been flooding and draining manually because I've made some mistakes and over watered once when i fell asleep with the flood on (oops :doh) and I've had to change the watering schedual up a bit. Still trying to figure out what the best schedual is to flood and drain. (what time of day to do it, how often to do it etc.)

Ok thank you guys, sorry for my overall noobness / cluelessness. We've kinda jumped into this head first because the price of meds is going to make us broke with how much me and my girlfriend smoke.

We also want to start eating it more often than the occasional cookie or brownie from the dispensarys that we get for our first visit. I don't want to pay 10$ for something that probably wont get me high anyways most of the places out here have some real poor product.

We are also thinking of taking some classes either online or at Oaksterdam or something. We are both very devoted to this. I don't work so this is a full time thing for me.

Hope to get a warm welcome! :damnhippie:

Bipolarhirollers first grow legal
Aligee

Aligee

so far so good youll find alot of info here along with all the helpfull farmers just holla nice start !!!

B

BipolarHiRoller

some new pics of the girls today.... the white widow and superlemon haze where added 1 week after the rest i should also mention.....and the SFV was a little bigger of a clone than the rest so the SFV is the tallest and the 2 shorter 1's are the WW and Super Lemon Haze.

Front Row - WW, Super Lemon Haze
Middle Row - OG x Bubba, Diablo OG
Back Row - SFV OG, Tahoe OG, Mad Man OG

I think I may be throwing in a ready to flower plant from the place I get clones when I throw these girls into flower just for a bit of a yield booster, we are going to go broke the way we smoke if we have to keep going to the dispensaries so even though this grow is only learning experience, it still needs to produce some good meds.

What do you guys think I should do training wise? let it be for my first round or top, super crop, fim? This seems to be the hardest thing for me to get a handle on. Also When to manicure, what to manicure etc etc etc.

DSC01803
DSC01805
DSC01806
DSC01807
DSC01808
DSC01809
DSC01810
DSC01812
B

BipolarHiRoller

PH was at 6.0 and ppm's where 800-900 this morning.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Oh shit. Here you are. Nice setup up with some bomb cuts. I'm subbed.

B

BipolarHiRoller

Today I topped my SFV OG, Tahoe OG, and Mad Man OG as well as manicured all of the girls. I think everything is looking good but I cant figure out why my biggest plant has the least roots, maybe she hasn't been getting enough water since the others have been responding as if they are getting too much. (things have been pretty stable lately, had a few problems over watering and i nute burned them a tad their first night.

I really put these girls through a rough start. I replaced 2 plants originally (with the White Widow and Super lemon Haze, they are 1 week younger than the rest and the SFV actually was a bigger clone also more expensive) and now I've had to get rid of another one since replacing the others.

Now I had some questions....Can I supercrop them even though I've topped them? would that be a good idea? if so when should I do it?

Also I've been trying this whole grow to get a locked in watering schedual but i cant seem to find a good schedual that wont have them too wet or too dry. Any tips?

Thanks guys. Sorry about the poor picture quality, i have not messed with the camera's settings yet and I'm not a photographer so I'll do my best to improve.

B

BipolarHiRoller

sorry, i don't know why these forums hate it when i try to post pics. can only post like 4 at a time and its slow and i wrote my message too fast and pressed enter before they loaded, pressed back space, reloaded. didnt work, hopefully this worked, it could have possibly not worked lol. I hope it worked. I need to smoke. Dry as the desert till the morning.

DSC01852
DSC01853
DSC01854
DSC01855
DSC01856
DSC01857
DSC01858
DSC01859
B

BipolarHiRoller

added super thrive to the res today, they are already looking much happier. flooded them once before the lights turned off and again when they woke up.

responding nicely.

I'm going to the hydro store this weekend to order all of my new stuff. Going to post what I plan to get tomorrow.

DSC01871
B

BipolarHiRoller

I'm having some difficulties planning my upgrades. My goal is to have 2 seperate grow tents, 1 for veg 1 for flower and be able to set up a perpetual grow harvesting ideally every 4 weeks.

I was considering a 5x5 secret jardin for flower and a 4x2 secret jardin for veg. Ideally I'd like to fit a 8x4, and I may be able to but I think I want to tone it down a bit.

FLOWER TENT

I plan to use my current 1000w light for the 5x5 but I will probably be buying a new hood of some sort because mine isn't sealed and it gets pretty hot even with extreme ventilation. I also want to get a digital ballast to reduce that heat aswell. I am sticking with Hydro for now and am considering buying a Hydrofarm or some sort of a ebb and flow pot system. I like the stand alone pots much better than the table concept. I don't know how big of a system I can fit in the 5x5 but I'm thinking 6-12 maybe, 12 with the res outside the tent?

VEG TENT
I plan to have the veg station sectioned off into 2 cabs, This is the part I'm having trouble understanding how to organize properly. I will be growing from clone starts for now. I have access to good clones and I want to keep things as simple as possible for now. I haven't really decided what I'm going to do for my veg tent. Maybe someone can help me design something that would fit the filling requirements of my Flower Tent? I plan to order seeds for my 3rd grow. Maybe my 2nd if i can get my veg tent set up for them.

Going into the hydro stores for help in the next couple day, I would really appreciate some advice / ideas for my veg tent and anything i should change about my flower tent set up even though I'm pretty sure thats set.
I was also thinking of going with Cool Tubes instead of the big ole hoods but a hydro store guy had steered me away. any opinions? they seem like they save alot of space.

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Sweet setup. I love the girls that get that deep emerald color. Gonna be a sweet grow Im subbin.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

There's so many different ways you can go in a 5x5 space. Anywhere from 4 giants to 12 small yielder's. My boy has 9 under a 1000wt. He said next grow he's doing 2 1000wt over 12 plants. His space is 5x maybe 4 1/2 at the most. So any options. Interested to see what you choose.

B

BipolarHiRoller

There's so many different ways you can go in a 5x5 space. Anywhere from 4 giants to 12 small yielder's. My boy has 9 under a 1000wt. He said next grow he's doing 2 1000wt over 12 plants. His space is 5x maybe 4 1/2 at the most. So any options. Interested to see what you choose.

Well upon looking at how much we are going to be spending and more and more girlfriend complaining we may decide to invest in one of those legit stealth closet set ups, I've seen some on craigslist for a fraction of the original price which is insane, they gave me a 9000$ quote for what I would have wanted to achieve with their equiptment. Looks like its worth every penny though, not as much noise, the stealthyness def pays for itself, I've been stressing since we are in an apartment still and even though we are 100% prop 215 compliant, I haven't done my legal research and I'm really not good at legal issues so I really don't know what the outcome could be lets say if we did get caught, landlord found out, something. I think the stealthy choice is smart right now but it wont be permanent.

Still deciding, Checking craigslist and shit every day hoping to find a nice package of these grow systems up for cheap or something to make my decision easier :P

A new grow box is like 3600, clist has em for 1500-2000 and I was planning on spending that much on my tent set up. Not making a decision until monday at soonest.

B

BipolarHiRoller

Sweet setup. I love the girls that get that deep emerald color. Gonna be a sweet grow Im subbin.

I'm really interested to see how these girls turn out. They came from a pretty reputable source and I'm already looking forward to returning for more clones. I really can't believe 5 of my original 8 survived. I've stressed these girls sooooooooo much their first week. I had to spend my entire first week on the computer researching and reading journals so I could get the hang of things. It worked though, they are really looking good in my opinion. I'm getting a really good feel for how to trim and train the plants too this go. I'm not afraid to cut off dead growth or growth i don't want and so far they've responded well to that. I've been hesitant to cut anything or train anything.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Tell me about it with the girlfriend. Dude I'm in the same situation as far as the apartment thing goes. Every morning i stand outside my window and wonder if anyone is going to hear my 5000 fans going. Smell would be at the top of your list then. Second, hopefully you pay your own utilities because that's a red flag right there. Check it out.

I put this...
DSCN1757

Inside of this.
DSCN1555

Pvc frame with some panda film around it only cost me roughly 90 bucks. With all other equipment (all new) total cost was about $1100. I could have gone and got way better stuff with a xxxl hood and co2 and RO filter but i like having money in my pocket. Plus there's always next harvest.

B

BipolarHiRoller

Tell me about it with the girlfriend. Dude I'm in the same situation as far as the apartment thing goes. Every morning i stand outside my window and wonder if anyone is going to hear my 5000 fans going. Smell would be at the top of your list then. Second, hopefully you pay your own utilities because that's a red flag right there. Check it out.

I put this...
View attachment 119645

Inside of this.
View attachment 119644

Pvc frame with some panda film around it only cost me roughly 90 bucks. With all other equipment (all new) total cost was about $1100. I could have gone and got way better stuff with a xxxl hood and co2 and RO filter but i like having money in my pocket. Plus there's always next harvest.

Good shit man. I wish I had the initiative and ability to build my own set up to save some cash. The secret jardin tents look worth it though if i go that path.

I also am thinking getting those stealth grow cabinets would allow me to not have to go outside my window every day to see if you can hear my fans.

The Northern Lights cabs are the only ones that look worth it. The other cheaper ones don't look as nice but are a fraction of the price.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice start BipolarHiRoller! Let's hear some more about your nutrient regiment with the Lucas Formula... I'm assuming that you're running RO with CalMag now? How's your ambient temps and RH? BTW, plenty of us small timers started with ghetto setups... You should have seen my first two rounds in the bathroom with a non air-cooled hood on my shower rod and one floor fan pointed at it... :itwasntme

To answer your question about flood and drain intervals in veg, I flood once at lights on, and once 11 hrs later. During bloom, I will do three floods during lights on... In both situations, the flood occurs only as long as it takes to flood 2/3 of the hydroton filled pots and then the draining begins... :thinking

Y

Yodas Master

Bipolar my man..You are in the right place for advice.Shady is my number 1 advisor. Helped me every step of the way.. Be glad hes on board..I know i am!!! Good luck my friend, if i can be of any help im here for ya..

2DogWalker

BiPolarHR,

Just wanted to stop in and check it out, looks awesome man! Where did you get that flood table at? Looks unlike others I have seen (in my limited seeings lol) previous.

I have never used a stealth cabinet, but I recently built out my spot in a 5x6 area - w/ diamond foil, lights, lumber and everything I was under 1200 all day, (soil grow - no hydro equipment) and with my fan properly vented my noise is very minimal.

I must say I do not live in an apartment or the city for that matter so I do not have all the same concerns, mine is a medical grow as well. But the GF still has parent's that don't know and they have walked through my basement and didn't know the better.

I will drop a link in later with some pics of my room. - Maybe worth finding a friend who could help you build it out, and save some amazing amounts of money! I'd rather pay a friend for labor than a foreign corporation for their patent rights! DIY if possible.

Stoked to see the Alien OG come out, I just ordered a pack of Alien Bubbas so I can finally get going on some real genetics.

Best of luck man, the knowledge and help is abundant around here. A search of the forum often leaves me attached to my computer "learning" for hours on END!

Best for the New Year

2Dog

2DogWalker

A link to my Diary. If you have any questions feel free to stop over.

2dog

Latest posts

Top Bottom