Bitcoin Blues Solved?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I've been around for a while and Bitcoin, while a great idea, is more of a pain in the ass than anything. I follow about needing a wallet and thats usually as far as I get. I went to the local grocery store yesterday and saw they has a Coinstar machine... one of those machines that you pour your change into and it gives you cash back in bills instead of the loose change. I noticed a small addition to the machine that indicated that you could also purchase Bitcoins thru it, using a cash accepting device similar to an ATM. I didn't investigate it too thouroughly, but it seemed like a very simple way to get Bitcoins without having to arrange accounts and find brokers.
Maybe this isn't anything new, but it makes it a lot easier to purchase BCs for us old farts. Then we can buy seeds that can't be traced or charged back in the event the seeds aren't what they are supposed to be. It just gets easier every day!

basscaptain

basscaptain

I've been around for a while and Bitcoin, while a great idea, is more of a pain in the ass than anything. I follow about needing a wallet and thats usually as far as I get. I went to the local grocery store yesterday and saw they has a Coinstar machine... one of those machines that you pour your change into and it gives you cash back in bills instead of the loose change. I noticed a small addition to the machine that indicated that you could also purchase Bitcoins thru it, using a cash accepting device similar to an ATM. I didn't investigate it too thouroughly, but it seemed like a very simple way to get Bitcoins without having to arrange accounts and find brokers.
Maybe this isn't anything new, but it makes it a lot easier to purchase BCs for us old farts. Then we can buy seeds that can't be traced or charged back in the event the seeds aren't what they are supposed to be. It just gets easier every day!
Nice..... ty

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

When it comes to Bitcoin, there are two elements to consider. The exchange and the wallet. The exchange is where people buy BTC and other cryptocurrency, and the wallet is where the money is stored. Yes, some exchanges like coinbase have online hosted wallets, but in general it's best to just download a wallet onto a spare cellphone that stays in a safe.

Coinbase is the most user-friendly way to buy it and some other cryptos. Make an account, get things verified, boom you can buy bitcoin. But the convenience comes at a cost- the fees are significantly higher using coinbase. Binance has lower fees and a wider selection of currencies to buy, but is MUCH less user friendly unless you're familiar with stock market trading- and verification takes longer.

As far as wallets, I like Ethereum. It's simple enough and works. There are other wallets that have the ability to store multiple cryptocurrencies, I figure once someone is at the point where they're investing in more than one, they'll know how to generally set things up.

DO NOT ever mess with ledger wallet- it's advertised as this plug and play miracle device that you can just pop into a computer like a usb drive and access your money. It, emphatically, is not. It's a constantly outdated mess that's glitchy and horrible with a support team that takes forever to deliver apathetic responses in an industry where seconds matter. Literally one of my biggest life regrets is buying a ledger, it lost me A LOT of money.

However, it is the currency of the future.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I cashed out @ 10k. Shoulda got out at that bounce to 14. If your not buying and selling all the time coinbase is great, you can even exchange for dif listed crypto with no fees now. I've used it to order seeds multiple times & never had an issue. It's a little bit of a strange, "what am I doing" feeling at first but it's almost just like sending an email but with moneys inside.

Fradumasan

Fradumasan

This thread is from four years ago and the landscape of cryptocurrencies and the availability of purchasing options may have evolved since then. It's always a good idea to do some research and stay up to date with current information. If you're interested in exploring other financial opportunities, you might want to consider checking out reliable forex trading websites. They provide platforms and tools for trading various currencies, including forex (foreign exchange). It can be an exciting way to potentially grow your investments, but it's important to educate yourself about the risks and strategies involved. Feel free to explore different trading websites to learn more about this fascinating field.

Latest posts

Top Bottom