Black from buds in late flower

• Thread starter Loosemoose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Loosemoose

Loosemoose

I’ve got a Girl Scout cookie autoflower, late flower, 70 days from seed in soil in 10 gallon fabric pots in an outdoor hoop house. The bud sites all started turning black from the center and it’s every site on the plant
Mould or soil deficiency? Dangerous?
I read on another thread it may indicate a need for phosphorus but saw no follow up posts. My soil is not robust so that could be it. Or mould as it’s located in a marshy area but it’s above ground.

Any advice? Recoverable or not?

Black from buds in late flower
Black from buds in late flower 2
Black from buds in late flower 3
Black from buds in late flower 4
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Pull on one of those dark sugar leaves. If it pulls off the bud, you got a bud rot issue. Your pictures suggest the coloration might be genetic though. If when you pull, the leaf wants to stay attached ... its not bud rot.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I forgot to say in my previous post that your plant looks healthy. One of the strains I grow (sugar black rose) shows that same genetic expression. It's a strong indica with a sweet floral taste. It's known as a quick finisher suited for more northern growers. You can also find it in autoflower form. When the plant is healthy like yours is, the green and the black contrast is remarkable. It makes for a pretty flower.

Loosemoose

Loosemoose

Thank you so much for your feedback everyone! I've seen this before with other strains but I expected it then, it surprised me this time and in my environment and with my track record then I'm paranoid of mold. She's due for some nutrients so I'll incorporate that as well and see if there's any change. You guys have been great to give me confidence that she's healthy and can finish well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom