Black Haze aka Frankie, NYC Haze, The Piff, Church, Uptown Piff or Cuban Black Haze

• Thread starter manicgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

This is a really old thread from 12 years ago LOL! 😂 So I am always interested in grabbing unique uncrossed heirloom genetics and this Black strain from Florida seems legit. Would be awesome to get some seeds to hold in my vault however based off of what I read the true FL Black is clone only. Maybe there are people out there that were able to cross the original black clone with a similar male and get something very close to the mom. I would settle for very close at this point cuz you gotta stockpile these old strains in your vault and DON'T CROSS THEM! Everything is getting hybridized over the decades and in 20 years it will all be gone. Fruit is gonna be the only flavor left. If someone out there that has the REAL clone only Black female cut then you can take that female and cross it with a LEGIT old school haze. The idea is to try to go back in time you shouldn't be crossing the female Black clone with a newer strain it should be an Old School haze. This way when you pheno hunt out of hundreds of seeds you have a better shot at finding a magical female. You want to keep it old school cuz the older strains were uncrossed and they will give you the TRUEST expression of a pure haze. Cross the Black clone with one of these Males. The original Santa Cruz Haze this is where it all started in CA back in the late 60's Authentic genetics has them for sale the real deal...

Original Haze

by Todd McCormick January 16, 2020

Original Haze was first bred in 1969 in the Santa Cruz Mountains by a gentleman named G.
G exchanged seeds with Skunkman Sam who saved the variety and turned the world onto Haze.
I begot the variety directly from Skunkman Sam and they are the original 3 way Colombian Haze that was first bred in 1969 in the Santa Cruz mountains by Sam's neighbor "G". Sam kept them through IBL breeding since the 70's to preserve the variety.
This variety contains no Afghan/Indica, it is unlike most everything in modern day cannabis.
Please note: Original Haze is an amazing variety that is best used for breeding. You will no doubt find some wonderful examples of Haze, but do note that there is a lot of variation in the variety and that is what makes it such a great plant to breed with.

You can read more about Original Haze here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=82182

Original Haze grande

Original Haze Leaf 2 large

Original Haze Plant grande

km1

km1

cuban black haze s1

culled the more resinous chunkier bling models for the non sedation head high

still a month to go

has also been crossed to Ohz and 1970 colombian red

09AC31E5 C18B 44AA BE01 5B6C033F09E5

Last edited:
growerNshower

growerNshower

Growing the cuban black haze cut from PCG (by way of piffcoast?) outdoor full term. This will be my first haze grow, though I am familiar with beanstalk Mexican bagseed from the 90s. Any grow tips for her specifically would be eternally appreciated. So far, I noticed she really doesn't like the direct sun or cali heat as a newly transplanted clone...out of all plants I'm hardening off right now, she is the most finicky.

20220524 114559
20220524 114550
Piffcoastfarms

Piffcoastfarms

Supporter
Piff how long do you like to take the Cuban black haze? I found she likes to finish a little faster under LED.

Under cool temps, 90 days, hot temps, she will get very wild and go 120 days. She may look done at 75, but she will throw another set of pistils and double in size by 90.