Black Light Curing?

• Thread starter LikemindS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LikemindS

Does anyone here know about Black Light Curing??? and does it help?
I have a friend that grows his own super dank, all sorts of strains, really good herbs. Anyway, he cures it all in a closet with a few black lights on the walls, then trims it and jars it. He says that it makes it a little stronger and hes been doing it for a while. Ive heard of it before meeting him but have never known anyone or done it myself.

So again the question is...
Whats the deal with black light curing?
Does it actually do anything?
If so What and How?

and here's some eye candy cause we all love more pics of good chronic...
my Tangerine Haze 11wks.
TH10_5wks3.jpg

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
never heard of it before - but in my experience all those crazy tricks after harvest that increase potency - dont

nice haze!

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
seem ?

all light is radiation just at differnt wave length even ultraviolet plants use between 400nm to 700nm not sure what nm black lights are but it is radiation this in most cases is degenerative to thc but you never know

then again like motherload said most of the tricks and mystical drys and cure and nutes for that matter are bunk ....hogswalup......snake oil lol

gonna read up on this issue will get back too you
even bogous science takes real science to debunk it LOL:hi

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
this says that most blacklight is at 400nm that is where plants start using light
if light is bad for bud so is black light IMO

got this from another site

I noticed a number of people rapidly jumping to the answer a question about black light . A majority of you seem to think for reasons I can only venture to guess as being lack of education of pertaining to photosynthsis and the aplicable wavelenghts associated with this. And for this reason I speak. The answer to smokeheads is yes black lights are good for your plants you can not use them alone but as a spectrum used to begin your daily photo period they have showen in certain control studies to have a significant positive effect on a plants production in the early and vegetive states of growth common black lights have a wave length of 350 to to 450 nanometers which puts them in the blue spectrum with most fixing in about 420 nanometers the only color plants do not use is green which falls between 520 and 560 nanometers all other visable wavelengths are used in plant production the far blue or UVA wavelengths would be those produced by a rising sun the blue spectrum is one of a crucial nature to early plant. So smokehead if you so desire I recomend placing your black light in your chamber and timing it to come on 15 to 30 minutes before your other lights and turn off 15 to 30 minutes into your regular light cycle. Anyone finding anything stupid about that answer please feel free to have me expand on it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Plants do use the green wavelength. I have papers I can link to (again) that discuss this fact.
all light is radiation just at differnt wave length even ultraviolet plants use between 400nm to 700nm not sure what nm black lights are but it is radiation this in most cases is degenerative to thc but you never know

then again like motherload said most of the tricks and mystical drys and cure and nutes for that matter are bunk ....hogswalup......snake oil lol

gonna read up on this issue will get back too you
even bogous science takes real science to debunk it LOL:hi
"Black" light are in the ultraviolet range of wavelengths, shorter, IIRC it's around 400nm and under where you get into that radiation range. I would think that if UV radiation via sunlight causes bleaching (think about what happens to certain things when left out in the sun) then it would accomplish a similar feat when used alone.

L

LikemindS

Thanks y'all !
Thats what I needed to know... for the most part.
Ill get the info to my buddy, maybe he'll try the black light in the begging of his cycle...

Like you said though... snake oil LOL...
If it works so good then why aren't we all doing it, rite?
thanks again.
:bow

Top Bottom