Black Magic Potting Soil?

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I'll be honest I never used it for growing cannabis. I used it in the flower bed and the plants are loving it. I did a slurry test and it came out at 5.5ish pH and around 140 ppm so its actually not a very hot soil. Makes me think it doesn't have very much of the amendments they have listed in there. I do still have a bag sitting around so I may try it in the near future
Imma grab a bag today, i was jus lookin at it yesterday. Googled it an now here.....

keiksweat

keiksweat

Most my soil is cheap cutting sowing mix from wilkos cheap shop.mixed with old soil,roots n all.chuck in some fish blood n bone,beetle frass,ewc and bio bizz pre mix...works great for me.i only use the pre mix for simplicity,it has all sorts in.

incogneato

incogneato

Most my soil is cheap cutting sowing mix from wilkos cheap shop.mixed with old soil,roots n all.chuck in some fish blood n bone,beetle frass,ewc and bio bizz pre mix...works great for me.i only use the pre mix for simplicity,it has all sorts in.
I planned on making my own soil like that for my first grow but saw this mix and figured it saved me the cook time. I ended up on coco for now but plan on doing organic soil soon. I still have a bag of this sitting there, may throw some clones in it for the hell of it.

MendoAdome

MendoAdome

I'll be honest I never used it for growing cannabis. I used it in the flower bed and the plants are loving it. I did a slurry test and it came out at 5.5ish pH and around 140 ppm so its actually not a very hot soil. Makes me think it doesn't have very much of the amendments they have listed in there. I do still have a bag sitting around so I may try it in the near future
How long did the slurry steep for

incogneato

incogneato

How long did the slurry steep for
I re did the slurry again and got different numbers. I let it steep longer. I'll get the exact numbers out of my notes when I get home. I did end up throwing some rooted clones in it a few weeks ago and they are the happiest looking clones I have.

incogneato

incogneato

It's Home Depot competition for ocean forest basically. I think it's only in legal states?
I think so. The funny thing is they try to ride the line. When i got it I tried to get info on the website. There's no mention of cannabis at all and there were only images of tomato plants on there. Not sure what it looks like now. I doubt too many are growing tomatoes "in the cover of darkness" hahaha

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think so. The funny thing is they try to ride the line. When i got it I tried to get info on the website. There's no mention of cannabis at all and there were only images of tomato plants on there. Not sure what it looks like now. I doubt too many are growing tomatoes "in the cover of darkness" hahaha

You try to tell tomato growers they don't "grow hard" and "yield big" lol.

Top Bottom