Black round transparent spots. Pests?

• Thread starter Ner0z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ner0z

Ner0z

Hey this is my first outdoor run and I need to figure out what's going on with the leaves. At first I thought it was black spot or rust fungus but so I sprayed them down with a fungicide but no change. I've been checking for signs of pests but I'm just not seeing anything obvious. They're 4 weeks old in promix hp. They're getting calmag @ 3ml/g and 6.1ph in. Any help or advice appreciated

Black round transparent spots pests
Black round transparent spots pests 2
Black round transparent spots pests 3
Black round transparent spots pests 4
Black round transparent spots pests 5
Black round transparent spots pests 6
Black round transparent spots pests 7
Black round transparent spots pests 8
Black round transparent spots pests 9
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will drop in, because it looks like two completely different things to me: thrips and septoria.

I never saw thrips damage start as black spots, but the localized nature of the damage makes me think "pest."

Ner0z

Ner0z

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will drop in, because it looks like two completely different things to me: thrips and septoria.

I never saw thrips damage start as black spots, but the localized nature of the damage makes me think "pest."
Yeah man its kind of confusing that it scattered around the plant but destroying 1 leaf at a time. I thought mites but no webbing seen. Then I thought maybe some kind of leaf hopper would make sense... I really don't know lol

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Have you checked the underside of the leaves? You might need a good magnifying glass. See if you can see any critters and get a photo.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Something is having dinner on your plants.
With spots like that you are looking for tiny critters that suck the juice from the leaves. That's where those spots/holes are coming from.
This is outside? Ladybugs! Ladybugs are awesome, but they don't hang around outside.

This could be beetles, any of a handful of different flies, caterpillars. Get a magnifying glass (really strong one) and look for them.

Ner0z

Ner0z

Have you checked the underside of the leaves? You might need a good magnifying glass. See if you can see any critters and get a photo.
Yes sir but only by the naked eye, I'll get out there with the microscope and have a peep.

Something is having dinner on your plants.
With spots like that you are looking for tiny critters that suck the juice from the leaves. That's where those spots/holes are coming from.
This is outside? Ladybugs! Ladybugs are awesome, but they don't hang around outside.

This could be beetles, any of a handful of different flies, caterpillars. Get a magnifying glass (really strong one) and look for them.
I have been seeing a few little strange looking flies hanging around, and these small grasshopper looking things. I've ordered some neem oil but because it's not available here in Canada it's going to take a full month to get here. So I guess I'll just head down to the garden store and see what they have on the shelves, perhaps a bag of lady bugs. Thanks mate

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Grasshoppers. I was afraid of that.
The only thing I know to try is to wall them in with a plastic sheet and hope it keeps them out.
Grasshoppers (all kinds) are damn near impossible to get rid of.
Try luring more birds to your yard. They love grasshoppers and are natures best way to get rid of them.
Blue birds especially.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Anything strong enough to kill grasshoppers is too strong for your plants.

Ponky

Ponky

That's a pest that had a nibble and moved on. Probably prefers something else.

Ner0z

Ner0z

Dang sounds like ive run into the king of the jungle. Well if they reveg like I'm hoping I can hit them with some neem oil to rule out some other critters. As for putting up some plastic shower curtains or something I'm pretty sure my wife would shut that shit down faster than I could get them up lol

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

5 leaves a day is 1 or 2 grasshoppers. You have no idea how much and how fast they eat.
I think it's something a little less difficult to do battle with.
Just look at all your plants and take a pic of every bug you find. Then id them online. that's really the only way you are going to know what it is short of asking a bug-ologist.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Maybe we can all pitch in on a bug ID thread?
Does anyone have any good university or other scientific sites on bugs?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

sprinkle DE on them. it works. make sure you get food grade. the rain will wash it off after a while. no matter what it is, DE works on anything with an exoskeleton
Food grade soil? Never heard of that.

Ner0z

Ner0z

This is a great idea.

Thanks guys, DE & neem oil is on the way. Hopefully the pair will keep the little shits away. I'll also move them away from the rest of my garden. Wish me luck

mancorn

mancorn

Yes leafhoppers. You’ll see them hopping around and they form foam masses that look like spit that the young ones hide out in. (I’ve never seen the foam on a cannabis plant, but rather on other plants in the yard.) There was a similar post (with identical pictures earlier today.)

Top Bottom