Black Spots on Leaves and stems!! Please help!

• Thread starter Mattavelli
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mattavelli

Mattavelli

Hey guys, I am new to the Cannabis forum community and I would greatly appreciate it if I could get some advice or answer to the problems with my plants. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read my post.

So I have had these black spots on my cannabis plants for a couple months now and I can’t find anyone that knows what they are or why they’re there.

I have been growing cannabis outdoors for years now but I have never come across this issue. I used to live in the Bay Area so the temperatures were pretty mild, never too cold or too hot. I recently moved to Sacramento where the temperatures are higher and the air is more dry. This is my first year growing outdoor here so I’m not sure if this is an issue from the weather or if my growing methods need tweaking to get rid of it or if it’s something mot

I Have 8 plants and they all have the same black dots all over the plant, on the leaves and stems. Along with the bottom to mid leaves turning yellow and eventually dying and falling off. I was told this was normal by a couple guys at the nearby hydroponics/garden supply store. I understand the leaves turning yellow and falling off could be normal or a slight deficiency, but the black spots being normal seems hard to believe since it hasn’t happened to any of my other plants in the past years.

It gets hot enough out here that I need to water my plants everyday. They are all in 10 gallon smart pots and I water everyday, feeding with nutrients every other watering. A few of the plants are sitting in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and the rest are in Happy Frog soil. I have always used the same brands of soil with my plants in the past years. I use nectar for the gods nutrients and follow the feeding schedule they have online. With that being said I have a good feeling that it’s not a problem caused by the nutrients.

There also does seem to be a lot more spiders out here in sacramento which makes sense because of the heat. They do like to build webs in my pots but I try to clean them up as soon as I see them. I don’t believe the spots are bugs or eggs because I can’t wipe them off.

I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could help with advice, I would really like to be able to prevent this in the future. If there’s anything other information I could supply to help figure it out let me know.

Black spots on leaves and stems please help
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 2
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 3
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 4
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 5
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 6
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 7
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 8
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 9
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 10
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 11
Black spots on leaves and stems please help 12
Mattavelli

Mattavelli

I forgot to include that I have tried wiping the spots off with warm water which seems to work but I would still like to know what it is. Thank you!

Habosabin

Habosabin

I'm no expert but my last grow had black spots and I eventually started seeing caterpillars. Only saw two but my buds started to die in sections. I only saw a few leaves with chew damage.

The whitish stuff looks like thrip damage.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The black stuff is bug poop from a severe bug infestation, maybe thrips maybe mites maybe both?

Bigmaryjane

Bigmaryjane

Hey guys, I am new to the Cannabis forum community and I would greatly appreciate it if I could get some advice or answer to the problems with my plants. Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read my post.

So I have had these black spots on my cannabis plants for a couple months now and I can’t find anyone that knows what they are or why they’re there.

I have been growing cannabis outdoors for years now but I have never come across this issue. I used to live in the Bay Area so the temperatures were pretty mild, never too cold or too hot. I recently moved to Sacramento where the temperatures are higher and the air is more dry. This is my first year growing outdoor here so I’m not sure if this is an issue from the weather or if my growing methods need tweaking to get rid of it or if it’s something mot

I Have 8 plants and they all have the same black dots all over the plant, on the leaves and stems. Along with the bottom to mid leaves turning yellow and eventually dying and falling off. I was told this was normal by a couple guys at the nearby hydroponics/garden supply store. I understand the leaves turning yellow and falling off could be normal or a slight deficiency, but the black spots being normal seems hard to believe since it hasn’t happened to any of my other plants in the past years.

It gets hot enough out here that I need to water my plants everyday. They are all in 10 gallon smart pots and I water everyday, feeding with nutrients every other watering. A few of the plants are sitting in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and the rest are in Happy Frog soil. I have always used the same brands of soil with my plants in the past years. I use nectar for the gods nutrients and follow the feeding schedule they have online. With that being said I have a good feeling that it’s not a problem caused by the nutrients.

There also does seem to be a lot more spiders out here in sacramento which makes sense because of the heat. They do like to build webs in my pots but I try to clean them up as soon as I see them. I don’t believe the spots are bugs or eggs because I can’t wipe them off.

I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could help with advice, I would really like to be able to prevent this in the future. If there’s anything other information I could supply to help figure it out let me know.
That’s called leave septa Toria

Google leaf septoria/fir the black spots and maybe over watered

Bigmaryjane

Bigmaryjane

Leaf septoria it’s a fungus frim
The soil

Mattavelli

Mattavelli

Thank you for the fast replies! I was thinking about getting some organic pesticides for the thrips. Is there anything you guys could recommend for getting rid of them?

As for the leaf septoria, should I add something to the soil and water less? Right now I give each plant a 1/3 of a gallon of water each time I water? Reminder they are in 10 gallon pots.

Thank you.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you for the fast replies! I was thinking about getting some organic pesticides for the thrips. Is there anything you guys could recommend for getting rid of them?

As for the leaf septoria, should I add something to the soil and water less? Right now I give each plant a 1/3 of a gallon of water each time I water? Reminder they are in 10 gallon pots.

Thank you.
It's not Leaf septoria it's what I told you above
Screenshot 20200907 155610 Google

And you may or may not have thrips but it's mites doing the damage you see.

lheuss

lheuss

Looks like sooty mold, caused by bug droppings. It can be wiped off. Look for aphids, that's usually the culprit. wont hurt your plant but can get into buds

Latest posts

Top Bottom