Black Strip Mollasses

• Thread starter nreid84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nreid84

hi heard a lot about this black strip mollasses so i though i would give it a try. Growing big budda cheese and im in my 5th week.

has any1 got an idea on the mixing ratio.

Also using cardo load and canna bio-boost

its my 1st grow so trying to get as much info as possible

Cheers

T

terpenophenolic

I prefer grandmas all natural unsulphered molasses myself to black strap but it really doesn't matter......honestly the main thing is to get unsulphered, really it's all almost completely sugar and you can get the same results even by just using table sugar....I have even used honey and maple syrup(real and natural)....all of them I used at 1 table spoon per gallon during weeks 4-6 of bloom along with my normal fertilizer regimen.....also if you are using carbo load already you don't need the molasses, both of them serve the same purpose of feeding the microorganisms in your soil which break down organic matter and in turn feed your plants.......hope that helps

B

boondocks

Black strap mollases also has alot of minerals and vitamins in it!
Potassium: 730mg' (20%)
Calcium: 115mg (10%)
Total Carbohydrates: 14g (4%)
Sugars: 10g
Iron: 15%
Magnesium: 8%
Vitamin B6: 10%
**1 tsp per gallon**

I use it l during the whole growing period except the last week of flush
also its good for you!!

T

terpenophenolic

so does regular molasses......it has the same amount of iron and also has calcium..little less potassium and most importantly non-black strap has more sugar, and the most important thing is the sugar, that's what you actually want is carbohydrates.....the sugar feed the micro organisms in the soil..these micro organisms break down organic matter and release the nutrients into the soil so they are available for your plants.........

both blackstrap and all natural unsulphered will give you the same results...no matter which one you choose........the only thing I like better about blackstrap, which I use on my outdoor every year, is that I can get a 5 gallon bucket for $15 dollars at the co-op....but for my indoor I use the non-blackstrap, it's the best quality molasses , with the highest sugar content and the least amount of processing at $10 a quart......

B

boondocks

ya the stuff is real cheap compared to some of the stuff on the market. But your correct the micro organisms feed on the mollasses which feed the plant. try half a tsp while vegging it seems to help keep them healthy

T

terpenophenolic

ya the stuff is real cheap compared to some of the stuff on the market. But your correct the micro organisms feed on the mollasses which feed the plant. try half a tsp while vegging it seems to help keep them healthy

i agree, stuff really does work great, I give a little dose every now and then during veg as well...I use liquid karma which is fermenting yeast and sea weed mostly, it works really well when adding a 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of molasses along with it.......

N

nreid84

cheers for the info. mite try 2 plants on the Mollasses and 2 just on normal feed.

grew 2 in bio-biss all mix and 2 in parlgon bat-mix.

The 2 bat-mix plants have twice as much flower as the all-mix

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
It's what I use now instead of the Canna Boost and I love this stuff:heart

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I use Gandmas because it's easy to get , I use 1 teaspoon per gallon ;)

budboy299

budboy299

Is this something I should try with DWC and chemical nutes? or is it only for the organics?

Greyskull

Greyskull

Zoo is doing Canna's Coco program with the molasses.

Hey anyone used molasses in a recirculating reservior?

T

terpenophenolic

Is this something I should try with DWC and chemical nutes? or is it only for the organics?

no not really....molasses feeds micro organisms to help them break down organic material in soil so they will release nutrients making them available for plants...chemical nutrients are already available to the plant as they are..and they usually kill the organisms that would have eaten the molasses anyways...if you were doing organic DWC it would probably be great...but it may have some benefit still..even when being used with chemicals........but I would use less and not use it often because if you don't have organisms eating the sugar, it just builds up....with each application......

C

CobbCreekBob

Im hearing good things bout Sucanat, thinkin bout tryin it next round, 3.50$ per lb, supposedly dissolves easily, figger its the same application. But its cheap;)

T

terpenophenolic

ahh, the 3 little birds.....that is a good read

I guess we need to clarify there is more then one type of molasses, obviously , and depending on what you want to do with the molasses, certain types of molasses are better for certain applications.....If you want to feed plants with molasses the black strap is best as it has a higher nutritional value...if you want to feed the soil using it as a carbo load and in turn feed the plants I find that non-black strap is the one I want to use as it has the highest sugar content, and sugar is what my organisms or the yeast in my liquid karma want to eat...black strap is almost all sugar as well, but not as much....it is the final byproduct after removing sugar from the molasses twice, the end result is black strap, which has the highest nutritional value....but is the most processed and has the least amount of sugar in it......and also like I said earlier...I have used black strap, table sugar, honey , turbinado , regular molasses , maple syrup, carbo load....all with the same results,...what ever you think is working best for you that's what you should use......

F

Finalopagus

I run Technaflora's Sugar Daddy (expensive molasses) in DWC and a NFT system with the rest of Technaflora's line. The sugar helps mobility of nutrients and promotes overall plant health. During flush the sugar leaves a "better" taste.

So, yes you can use a sugar supplement in you nutrient regime regardless of growing medium/method.

N

nreid84

cheers, lot 2 take on board but i will mess about with it 2 see what happens

Top Bottom