Blackberry Gum

• Thread starter Beachwalker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Ocean forest has vent holes. It is not sealed.

Poor storage is a real issue. And freshness.
I suspect that's what happened! I suspect I'm not having issues with it because I add Dolomite to everything. I'm going to adjust the rest of the bag to a proper, not much left anyway

Still was quite a shock at 5.1!! and I suspect the PPM was not affected, I think it's always that hot?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I suspect that's what happened! I suspect I'm not having issues with it because I add Dolomite to everything. I'm going to adjust the rest of the bag to a proper, not much left anyway

Still was quite a shock at 5.1!! and I suspect the PPM was not affected, I think it's always that hot?

Another companies info but pro mix recommends watering the first week with unadjusted tap water while the lime in the mix activates to keep the ph up.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I add a tablespoon per gallon lime to the top couple inches before I water when I first plant, I suspect once again Dolemite saves my ass! :)

I have never needed to do that and when i tried it raised my ph for the rest of the grow and caused problems. But i use well water with enough calcium to buffer properly.

So many growers have success adding it though like you are. Demon trich from here swore by it. And he had a wonderful garden.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Checking out the RH in the jar, getting ready to vacuum seal, here's Blackberry Gum today in sunlight, no flash, no filter; looking a lot like the picture from seedstockers website
20190731 080117

20190731 080132

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I was wrong about the PPM and I wanted to clarify

I just got a fresh bag of ffof delivered via Amazon, a slurry at two-to-one ratio as above test and it was under 700 PPM at 6.3pH

Not "Hot"

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So I was wrong about the PPM and I wanted to clarify

I just got a fresh bag of ffof delivered via Amazon, a slurry at two-to-one ratio as above test and it was under 700 PPM at 6.3pH

Not "Hot"

I too just mixed perlite in and measured my new bag and i see almost 6.5 with the gh ph drops. Light army green color. And 1.4 ec (700ppm) on a blue lab truncheont in the runoff.

5 years ago pro mix hp had a starter nutrient charge (as well as 2 kinds of lime for short and long action). The fertilizer charge was also 1.4

They seem to have changed and cheapened their ingredients now. No calcinated lime and no nutrients now.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I too just mixed perlite in and measured my new bag and i see almost 6.5 with the gh ph drops. Light army green color. And 1.4 ec (700ppm) on a blue lab truncheont in the runoff.

5 years ago pro mix hp had a starter nutrient charge (as well as 2 kinds of lime for short and long action). The fertilizer charge was also 1.4

They seem to have changed and cheapened their ingredients now. No calcinated lime and no nutrients now.
Light army green? Manufactured in different part of the country maybe? mine is black fluffy looks like loam almost, the pH could have been higher, I did the slurry last weekend when the new bags arrived, it was around 6.3-6.5, don't remember exactly, but ppm was 680 out the bag! Good stuff! :)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Light army green? Manufactured in different part of the country maybe? mine is black fluffy looks like loam almost, the pH could have been higher, I did the slurry last weekend when the new bags arrived, it was around 6.3-6.5, don't remember exactly, but ppm was 680 out the bag! Good stuff! :)

No. The general hydro ph drops turned the runoff sample army green. Thats 6.5 ph. Bright green is 7.0 and going down goes yellow then red. Color chart is in the ph drops bottle.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And i want to add that bag after bag from different stores and shipments for the last 5 years every bag i bought tested this way after I mixed it up and broke up the clumps and added perlite. I think those steps are important.

Also needs to be fresh and dry and stored properly at the store.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

And i want to add that bag after bag from different stores and shipments for the last 5 years every bag i bought tested this way after I mixed it up and broke up the clumps and added perlite. I think those steps are important.

Also needs to be fresh and dry and stored properly at the store.
Got to break those clumps! I think when people hit hotspots with a seedling they've most likely hit a clump? I've hit only 2 into my fourth year with ffof now

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So the next Blackberry Gum is at 73 or 75 days (forget which) but it's nowhere near ripe! there's still tons of clear, this is definitely an 80+ day strain :/

I wanted to add this because the first set grew in the cold weather and I thought that might have slowed it down

but not from what I'm seeing now, this girl does not want to cloud up :/ this is likely a legitimate 80+ day strain, still well worth it if you want a good nighttime sleep med in my opinion

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I'm right in the middle at 74 days and I had coffee with my BlackBerry girl today and I got deep down with a couple of scopes

Eh.. I can live with what I saw regarding the trichomes, plus I need the room so forget about it, I'm going to take her at day 74, that's tomorrow,

I let it go 85 days or something like that before and it was just dropping people! you can read the smoke report a couple of pages back in this thread if interested

I'm wondering if I take it a little earlier will it have a little less of a so-called narcotic effect and a little more of a social aspect to it? 🤔

I'll find out soon and put up a new smoke report, being harvested about 10 days earlier than the last set should be interesting? Maybe this time I'll also describe how much this really tastes like Blackberry, it's unbelievable!?

Last edited:
TokerGrower

TokerGrower

View attachment 865504 Hey what's up folks! I figured I'd start this journal rather than say hello in the 'introduce yourself' thread because Seedstockers is fairly new and hard to find much info on them on the net, so I hope this will be both a "hello" and hopefully informative as well

Some of you might know me from another Cannabis Forum, but I got tired of the way it's run and all the toxic hate that's inspired and even provoked from the top on down, and that's enough said about that sewer of a website.

I guess seedstockers is a spinoff of some Dutch company I forget who right now but anyway I'm running their Blackberry Gum and it's a very easy plant to grow

I've just put two into flower a couple of days ago, here's a picture of a clone from one of the flowering plants (the other didn't root) pictures of the flowering pair will follow, as they are in dark now

I may take some cuts in a week or I have more seeds left if I want to start again, however I usually clone every plant in case it's special when I harvest it

The Blackberry gum is actually a blueberry crossed with Bubblegum, it's short, bushy and it's a perfect plant for me to start growing via LST, a new method for me. Any tips on LST training are welcomed.

I bought some small plastic tomato hooks and I'm going to start spreading my plants out via LST, only very mildly as I don't have the desire for all that time & effort some put into it.

I'm an old-school grower from back before the internet so I'm going to get my Zips no matter what style I grow, but I do want to keep my plants shorter and my plant count within the bounds of my legal / legal state, so I'm going to give LST a try in this journal

That's about it as far as an introduction, I've been reading here for a few months and it seems like a much more chill place, also I love the seed selection for sale here, wish I found it a long time ago! Anxious to read more, say hello to friends old and new and hear possible recommendations for strains going forward, thanks for reading, Peace!

Howdy Beachwalker
View attachment 865504 Hey what's up folks! I figured I'd start this journal rather than say hello in the 'introduce yourself' thread because Seedstockers is fairly new and hard to find much info on them on the net, so I hope this will be both a "hello" and hopefully informative as well

Some of you might know me from another Cannabis Forum, but I got tired of the way it's run and all the toxic hate that's inspired and even provoked from the top on down, and that's enough said about that sewer of a website.

I guess seedstockers is a spinoff of some Dutch company I forget who right now but anyway I'm running their Blackberry Gum and it's a very easy plant to grow

I've just put two into flower a couple of days ago, here's a picture of a clone from one of the flowering plants (the other didn't root) pictures of the flowering pair will follow, as they are in dark now

I may take some cuts in a week or I have more seeds left if I want to start again, however I usually clone every plant in case it's special when I harvest it

The Blackberry gum is actually a blueberry crossed with Bubblegum, it's short, bushy and it's a perfect plant for me to start growing via LST, a new method for me. Any tips on LST training are welcomed.

I bought some small plastic tomato hooks and I'm going to start spreading my plants out via LST, only very mildly as I don't have the desire for all that time & effort some put into it.

I'm an old-school grower from back before the internet so I'm going to get my Zips no matter what style I grow, but I do want to keep my plants shorter and my plant count within the bounds of my legal / legal state, so I'm going to give LST a try in this journal

That's about it as far as an introduction, I've been reading here for a few months and it seems like a much more chill place, also I love the seed selection for sale here, wish I found it a long time ago! Anxious to read more, say hello to friends old and new and hear possible recommendations for strains going forward, thanks for reading, Peace!

Howdy all, my first post too. Nice to meet you.

Beachwalker, I've just acquired a few of these seeds from seedstockers myself, will be germinating in a few weeks after I've seen through some Gorilla glue and Orange Sherbet. Starting flower next week.

On the LST stuff, I've been learning for 3 grows now and it definitely helps with yield. Topping and Fimming work well with LST too
I've not tried spiking them but found it easy to just drill holes in the lips of the pots and tie down with pipe cleaners. You can re adjust every watering as they grow.
Aim for a star shape when you bend the longest stems out and a 3d candelabra shape over all.

When you repot to final pots, plant them to one side to allow the main stem to fit when it's bent and monitor, it doesn't take long to see it working.

If you haven't already dont forget to steak or anchor the main stem to the pot to provide strength and keep the plant upright.
Pull off leaves that don't get light and aim to keep the canopy even as they go through veg best you can. The result is bushy with loads of healthy Colas. Anything under the canopy popcorn Size pull it out to re divert plant energy upwards.

Have you tried Kushman chiropractic methods? ...he shows a way to snap each stem on the inside to strengthen them when they re-calcify. Any problems with stems id recommend this to try. I gave it a go and its really effective. You have to be careful and takes some concentration but well worth it. The stems develop rock hard knuckles and makes them like bamboo.

Top Bottom