blackstar chromes

• Thread starter willy led wonka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

willy led wonka

Im supposed to get my blackstar 500 chrome models in tomorrow. Im looking forward to checking the new models out to see if they are gonna work better than the original model. They are gonna have some more new stuff in the near future also from what the hydro store says.

W

willy led wonka

I had 2 of them and trade upto the 500s. I got better yields with the 500s- I had issues with those lights and my local hydro store upgrade me to the chrome 500s. I also have 4 of the bs900s and those things produce excellent quality and yeilds. Im interested to see how the chrome 500s compare to the older version

W

willy led wonka

i got my chrome 8s- as they call them now- in yesterday. THey draw right at 250 watts off the wall. Im told that they measure 51,000 on the lux meters. I will say this is a really nice light. They did their homework with this light. Its brighter than the bs500 for sure. I will try to get some pics of the lights in the next day or so. Its looking like the chrome 8(500s also) are gonna penetrate better than the bs500 does. I will know here soon enough. I just have to figure out how im gonna re-design the room for maximum performance.

Medijuana

Medijuana

Are you planning on starting a new grow journal, or will you be posting updates to this thread?

B

birdman4twenty

Where can you get the Chrome series panels? I've been looking online but I can barely find any pictures of them, no less model descriptions and specs.

W

willy led wonka

here is a pic of the chrome8 next to the bs500. They arent available on the internet as of yet. Im told by my local hydro store that these can only be bought in your local store or from Lighthouse/gotham. This is a super nice light.

Chrome8s 001
B

birdman4twenty

Apparently Gotham has the Chrome 4, 6 and 8 in stock. The rest of the line is being released around the end of April. I wish we could get specs, but that's coming when the new models are officially out.

W

willy led wonka

Let me say this also---- IM IN KNOW WAY AFFILIATED WITH LIGHTHOUSE OR GOTHAM!! Im just a loyal customer stoked to see them put out new stuff. Im really waiting on the Chrome900--whatever it will be called, chrome 16 or something..lol. The specs i got are from Sean. It has less chips than the original BS 500. Around 120 something. It does draw 250 watts off the wall. 51,000 lux--which i think is around 4500+ lumens per pod. It has the dual lenses. The first set i believe is 60,90,120 and then they are diffused thru 30,60, and 90 degree lenses. I have raised my lights up alot higher than the old lights due to the intensity of them. When you get 1 of these in your hands you will notice they penetrate the canopy different than the original model. I hope this helps,,,,if not just call lighthouse and talk with them.

W

willy led wonka

They are officially out. I bought all 4 of mine at my local hydro store the other day. Im not sure what you mean by "officially out" other than "out" meaning sold on the internet. And they say that wont be for quite some time. They are supporting their local retailers with this 1 for a while. I was told it will only be in local hydro stores so they can get the benefits of educating their customers on these lights. This keeps people from going into the stores and and "stealing the stores product knowledge" and buy it cheaper on the internet. With this being new technology i like the idea of getting to talk with my local store and if im not satisfied--well---we get to talk again. lol. But so far my store treats me right and im stoked. My local guy is the 1 who told me to go heavier with calmag under my leds. He said i would need more than under hps....he was right there too. OOmpa times in your garden-Wonka

Top Bottom