BLOOD FISH AND BONE SEVERE NUTRIENT OVERDOSE - are the girls worth saving ? PLEASE HELP !!!!

• Thread starter GeorginaGilbert
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

First time grower here and I think I’ve killed my girls 😭 are they worth saving as I think the nute burn has killed them.

4 plants in my cupboard (about 5 weeks into veg) looking great until I noticed slight nutrient deficiency symptoms due to slight under watering (mistake number 1). Decided a little bit of blood fish and bone would be an excellent idea as a quick boost (yeah I know mistake number 2) 🙄 plonked a lot on each one watered with the correct measures of 1 COMPO and the next day they well were not looking good the whole plant has burnt. New growth shriveled up black on very yellow sickly leaves etc etc This was Friday it’s now Sunday and tbh I’m thinking 3 are complete gonners (one is holding out ok strangely ?!)

I flushed the 2 worst ones yesterday, but today they are looking even worse then yesterday. Do I cut my looses now and restart or can they be saved? I’ve removed a lot of damaged leaves.

Grown in 25L pots of coco choir
Temp - 26.8 degrees
Humidity - 45-50 (currently 50)
Soil PH - 5.0
WATER PH - 6.0

Blood fish and bone severe nutrient overdose   are the girls worth saving  please help
Blood fish and bone severe nutrient overdose   are the girls worth saving  please help 2
Blood fish and bone severe nutrient overdose   are the girls worth saving  please help 3
Blood fish and bone severe nutrient overdose   are the girls worth saving  please help 4
Blood fish and bone severe nutrient overdose   are the girls worth saving  please help 5
Blood fish and bone severe nutrient overdose   are the girls worth saving  please help 6
Blood fish and bone severe nutrient overdose   are the girls worth saving  please help 7
Nateygg

Nateygg

tell me how often u feed them, nutrient ppms and what gallon pots and how much water are u giving them. In the past 2 weeks please

its verry common for new growers to over feed which is what im looking at.
If they were underfed and fed them they would recover in a few hours

GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

tell me how often u feed them, nutrient ppms and what gallon pots and how much water are u giving them. In the past 2 weeks please

its verry common for new growers to over feed which is what im looking at.
If they were underfed and fed them they would recover in a few hours
water every 2-3 days
About a 1-2litres of water each time - I haven’t been letting them run off which I know is a mistake. Hasn’t had the full amount of liquid feed in it either as I’ve been gradually increasing. I’m really stumped I genuinely don’t think I’ve over watered. They are 25L pots that’s about 5 gallon I think ?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You said that you overfed and they were suffering. To fix that you have to get the excess out of there. The only way to do that is flush it with 3x the amount of water as the size of your pot. If your pot is 3 gallons, it will take 9 gallons to run clean.
If you don't want to do it, that's fine. They are your plants.

Nateygg

Nateygg

Yes, 9 gallons of clean pH balanced water to remove the buildup in the root zone.
Then a very light feeding no more than 350ppm.
9 gallons of even just ph’d water is way to much imo.
water every 2-3 days
About a 1-2litres of water each time - I haven’t been letting them run off which I know is a mistake. Hasn’t had the full amount of liquid feed in it either as I’ve been gradually increasing. I’m really stumped I genuinely don’t think I’ve over watered. They are 25L pots that’s about 5 gallon I thiHow are they looking?
1-2 liters of water for a 5 gallon pot is not enough. Try giving them a gallon and see what that does for them. Do u notice if they eat 1-2 liter by the next day after feeding

Nateygg

Nateygg

You said that you overfed and they were suffering. To fix that you have to get the excess out of there. The only way to do that is flush it with 3x the amount of water as the size of your pot. If your pot is 3 gallons, it will take 9 gallons to run clean.
If you don't want to do it, that's fine.
These are not my plants lmaoo.
also if u over fed a tree which i have plenty of times before. U have to give them time to eat the water thats already in there before giving them more!! Thats like u as a human trying to eat more after eating a full course meal u have to let ur body to digest it first, same concept with plants.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

These are not my plants lmaoo.
also if u over fed a tree which i have plenty of times before. U have to give them time to eat the water thats already in there before giving them more!! Thats like u as a human trying to eat more after eating a full course meal u have to let ur body to digest it first, same concept with plants.
Trees are in soil and can not be pulled out, but can flush to an extent.
Your plants are not in soil.
You won't be giving them more, you will be cleaning out the residue that is toxic to them.

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

I dont know what you used exactly but if its based on blood meal and fish hydrolisate, most of the nutrients arnt available to your plant unless you have microlife activity in yoir media.

Firstly i whould do slurry, pour thrugh and run off tests to know where im at and then decide by the results.

Goodluck

GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

9 gallons of even just ph’d water is way to much imo.

1-2 liters of water for a 5 gallon pot is not enough. Try giving them a gallon and see what that does for them. Do u notice if they eat 1-2 liter by the next day after feeding
Yeah I figured I was under watering them, oops 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve flushed 2 of them but not with that amount of water. Why did they just suddenly go like this overnight though any thoughts?

Nateygg

Nateygg

U
Yeah I figured I was under watering them, oops 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve flushed 2 of them but not with that amount of water. Why did they just suddenly go like this overnight though any thoughts?
U might have shocked them. I would just give them more water and wait within a week theyll recover

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Sadly I think were in for more of this carnage with the heat waves coming in. When heat starts to become an issue, the nutrient needs are going to diminish greatly, I suspect.

I would cut back on your lights for awhile.

I'm certainly not one for throwing in the towel on a grow. You've got a fair amount of time invested already. That said, they do look pretty rough. I would try, if nothing else, something can learned from the attempt.

Make sure you've also got decent ventilation in there.

Last edited:
GeorginaGilbert

GeorginaGilbert

Okay so hopefully they should pick up then. Should I flush the other two? As I only did the worst two to see how they would react. And should I just be watering with just tested water no feed for now ? Thanks for the replies 🙏🤩

Nateygg

Nateygg

Okay so hopefully they should pick up then. Should I flush the other two? As I only did the worst two to see how they would react. And should I just be watering with just tested water no feed for now ? Thanks for the replies 🙏🤩
If i were in this situation id flush with 1.5 gal idk how much u flushed the other 2.

Top Bottom