Bloom boosters

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Hello

I just got back from a local hydroponics store as I'm almost out of my calmag and grabbed some more. I'm using the optimum hydroponix line of ferts just the 2 part base with calmag, is all I've been using the grow formula for veg the bloom formula for flowering. And I'm extremely happy with how there working for me.

So I started thinking about adding a supplement to see if it's worth it. While I was at the store (owner is an accomplished grower) I asked what she would recommend if she was to add only one supplement she suggested bloom booster, so I bought it.

Now I'm home and doing some reading up on it and the info seems to point to bloom boosters as a useless supplement.

Now I'm not sure if I wanna use it, so what is everyones opinion on bloom boosters mine is high in p and k and 0 N.

I planned on using it in both my dwc and my soil. Any advise for me while using it and can I start using it even tho I'm 4 weeks from harvest for my autos?

B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
Hey bro

I'm in the uk an I use a company called shogun an for hydroponics an then growing autos the results are on my page.

I use the whole range from start to finish I am just getting my head round a proper feed chart for them as there isn't one for hydroponics and autos .

It may help but I know its a mine field always happy to help

All love for the grow BSG

Glassdub

Glassdub

It seems my problems started when I flipped started using DynaGro Bloom. using at 50% recommended & then dropped to 30% still getting tip burn, up to sugar leaf on some plants, maybe be I should have stuck to Foliage Pro, was doing mostly fine with it & have been reading many just use it straight from start to finish. 🤷‍♂️

Day 119 49 LSD cola 2
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm not sure but my blue berry hermed out on me late in flower so I assume stress related the only real thing I changed was I halved my base nute feeding but added half strength monster bloom. I was thinking light leak. Buy my previous plants did not herm. My out doors seem to be doing great using the room booster tho

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

I'm not sure but my blue berry hermed out on me late in flower so I assume stress related the only real thing I changed was I halved my base nute feeding but added half strength monster bloom. I was thinking light leak. Buy my previous plants did not herm. My out doors seem to be doing great using the room booster tho

I have read that blue berry is more prone to turning hermaphrodite so it's possible its just bad luck and not so much something you did to stress it.
I'm not sure where you are located and I have never tried the high P-K style bloom boosters, however I have had a lot of success using Green Planet Massive Bloom, I don't use it so much for the nutrients but it's loaded with triacontanol, gibberellin, and other plant hormones that seem to be making really fat buds for me and once you understand the science behind it, you can also use it during the vegetative phase to reduce apical dominance and promote more branching, I have read it can cause lots of stretching during the flip, but I have not experienced that so your millage may vary.

Once my bottle runs out I don't plan to re-buy, I plan to instead use a combination of seaweed extract and alfalfa sprouted seed tea as a means of obtaining the desired hormones in a more organic method.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It seems my problems started when I flipped started using DynaGro Bloom. using at 50% recommended & then dropped to 30% still getting tip burn, up to sugar leaf on some plants, maybe be I should have stuck to Foliage Pro, was doing mostly fine with it & have been reading many just use it straight from start to finish. 🤷‍♂️

That bud looks fantastic. But FWIW my buddy who is a long time dynagro user uses both foliage pro and Bloom together in flower. 70%FP, 30%bloom. During stretch he runs them 50/50. Bloom on it's own is too heavy on the P and not enough N.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I'm in southern Ontario. I'm just started an organic grow for the first time this year. For mainly veggies but I threw an auto into it also so far have not needed to feed.

Also built a compost tumbler with the old rain barrel I had to hopefully have some nice compost to use next season. Taking longer than I thought to fill it tho.

Not much food gets wasted in my house these days.

I've been reading up on teas and what combos to use to help with any soil deficiencies I may end up having due to finding my perfect soil mixture

Glassdub

Glassdub

That bud looks fantastic. But FWIW my buddy who is a long time dynagro user uses both foliage pro and Bloom together in flower. 70%FP, 30%bloom. During stretch he runs them 50/50. Bloom on it's own is too heavy on the P and not enough N.
Yeah, but then there's this, not a total disaster but room for improvement, I think that ratio is correct if I was to attempt again & the exact opposite of the Dyna-Gro feed chart (I have no clue why they fuck up these ratios If they want growers to continue to use the stuff), I've been feeding 3ml each with 1 ml of MagPro with a base of 2.5ml ProTek. I just got a quart of Bloom from Amazon after the 8oz was gone sent it back today, maybe I will consider it again at this ratio, but I've read so many growers user using Foliage Pro start to finish with good success & seen more that a few Bloom user diaries with tip burn like this with yellow fans from lack of N.

20200902 142252
20200902 142344
Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah, but then there's this, not a total disaster but room for improvement, I think that ratio is correct if I was to attempt again & the exact opposite of the Dyna-Gro feed chart (I have no clue why they fuck up these ratios If they want growers to continue to use the stuff), I've been feeding 3ml each with 1 ml of MagPro with a base of 2.5ml ProTek. I just got a quart of Bloom from Amazon after the 8oz was gone sent it back today, maybe I will consider it again at this ratio, but I've read so many growers user using Foliage Pro start to finish with good success & seen more that a few Bloom user diaries with tip burn like this with yellow fans from lack of N.
Honestly those buds look killer man, I'd ignore the slight tip burn. But Yeah foliage pro on it's own all the way through is the safest course honestly. Using the bloom you need to go easy on it and watch the plants. You're right most people that rely on bloom ratio alone in flower get the issues you're seeing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom