Bloom transition change lighting cycle

• Thread starter SlyGab94
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SlyGab94

SlyGab94

Hello everyone

First time growing and about to switch to bloom. I’m about 14 hours into my light cycle (7pm currently), could I continue it till 9am then start my 12 hour cycle? I want to change my light cycle so the lights are off during the day. Will this effect the plants?
Sorry in advance if it doesn’t make sense 😂

Last edited:
MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I’ve had to switch lights off schedule previously. As I understand it you can have the lights on more than 12 hrs if it’s followed up with at least 12 hrs uninterrupted sleep. You should be fine by leaving the lights on to reset her schedule.
I’ll usually leave my girls in the dark for 24 hrs before the switch. I can’t swear it helps but it doesn’t hurt.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I’ve had to switch lights off schedule previously. As I understand it you can have the lights on more than 12 hrs if it’s followed up with at least 12 hrs uninterrupted sleep. You should be fine by leaving the lights on to reset her schedule.
I’ll usually leave my girls in the dark for 24 hrs before the switch. I can’t swear it helps but it doesn’t hurt.
I keep my lights off at start of flower cycle for 24/36 seems to kick start the flower sets sooner I also keep my veg lights (LEC) ON until I see good flower sets then I switch to sodiums!

IMG 20210629 221611 HDR
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
That would be my advice also, kick the lights off the plants, perhaps right now, let them sit in the dark more on the first day, that way you get that process started correctly, and it's engaged at a set point, then simply move forward. I would say 16-36 hours is fine generally speaking. 24 hours or so being ideal IMO.

How about some pics?

SlyGab94

SlyGab94

That would be my advice also, kick the lights off the plants, perhaps right now, let them sit in the dark more on the first day, that way you get that process started correctly, and it's engaged at a set point, then simply move forward. I would say 16-36 hours is fine
Thank you everyone for replying!
So this is my very first grow.. They started on different days so that explains the size difference

B19275D8 3F3C 488B 806B 945090AC478D
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
sweet, looks like indica traits.

Top Bottom