Blotchy yellow leaves :(

• Thread starter Themisskazz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Themisskazz

Hey guys I'm Karen I love this site :) can anyone help, I'm growing in that coconut stuff and the plants have started to hold water and are heavy for ages (like over a week) but the top bit is dry and when I poke my finger in the bottom it's dry but they seem to be holding water in the middle?? I watered them today thru peer pressure and went back in a Couple of hours later and the leave have turned blotchy yellow, they have about 3 weeks till they're finished, I hope that's enough information :) thanks in advance :)

Blotchy yellow leaves
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

id try to help ,but a leaf isnt any help at all,if your that close maybe the plant is scavaging itself ,check thric with a loupe to see if your there,you cant go buy what the breeder guessing of exact finish so check your thric

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey guys I'm Karen I love this site :) can anyone help, I'm growing in that coconut stuff and the plants have started to hold water and are heavy for ages (like over a week) but the top bit is dry and when I poke my finger in the bottom it's dry but they seem to be holding water in the middle?? I watered them today thru peer pressure and went back in a Couple of hours later and the leave have turned blotchy yellow, they have about 3 weeks till they're finished, I hope that's enough information :) thanks in advance :)
Nutrient deficiency 768x1021

I've personally never seen it but it kinda looks like manganese, but it's so rare I don't know for sure? hope this chart helps, good luck!

Screenshot 20190805 162128 Google
Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Many plants will kill off the larger fan leaves when they are either close to the finish of flowering, or they are pretty low on nitrogen. Your leaves don't look like the typical die off from a nitrogen deficiency. Have you fed themn anything different lately? If your plants are dry in the middle, how much are you watering? If it isn't getting wet the whole way thru, the boundaries will accumulate salt and excess nutes, which could be burning or making your roots unhappy. This is something recent? When you flushed, did you measure the outflow from the buckets/containers to see how much nutrients were coming out or check the Ph? I think this is the key... if you are having water and medium issues, it can be crazy to try to diagnose until you get some hard data, such as the Ph and TDS/EC of your growing medium.

visajoe1

visajoe1

can we see a pic of the whole plant please? also a couple close up of damaged leaves

Top Bottom