Blue dream grow and these are how the seedlings are looking

• Thread starter Emedicen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Emedicen

Emedicen

Hey its been four weeks already and they are showing these signs. Can anyone tell me whats wtong with them. Ph 6.0-6.3. I havent fed them yet because its in fox farm ocean forest soil. There any tips you guys can give me

Emedicen

Emedicen

C25CF6A5 542C 4D0F 9A6B A396F3186746

EA247466 387F 437A 8577 C68286A88E5C
02DF03FE E18C 4EA7 B7A7 68AC9ADE8D34
Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Soil is probably hot with nutes. They should be started in plain soil and only moved to your grow soil after about a month. The first month they don’t need food. I grow that strain so stay in touch I may be able to help you out once you get going

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Roots don't grow into dry soil. The way you are watering will create hot spots where the wet soil meets the dry, prevent root growth and could cause hydrophobic areas further into the grow.

These are definitely not over watered. You do need to be concerned about over watering but that's caused by watering to often not to much at one time (few minor exceptions)

Imo water enough to moisten the media of the entire pot... you don't need runoff but the soil needs to be moist.

Then let it dry out very well the pot should be very light before watering again.

They are stunted but should recover without issue if they aren't autoflower.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
just be careful watering, when plants are that small in containers that are too big, it’s hard to water properly. that’s your issue.
i also see something which could be caused by the light? how close do you have it?

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

I agree, that soil is too rich for seedlings. You can see whats going on, they no like it.

I use a very light organic seedling mixture. 2 parts soil 1 part worm castings, that is it. Go crazy with castings, they wont burn and they buffer ph somewhat. And I don't have to worry about deficiencies for a few weeks. Theres enough for seedlings to run along with. That's basically it. Just a bit of perlite for drainage and so those young roots have an easier time getting established in nice fluffy soil mixture. Easy peazy. From sprout until the cotyledon yellow and get crispy and begin to fall off. Besides just water they are pretty on much auto pilot up to that point. Then I introduce growth ferts. Or transplant if required, then introduce additives.

Initially, for the first few feedings I usually will half the recommended dosage, then half it again. Less is almost always better. Especially true in these early stages.

Its pretty hard to pull back after too much goes in and causes adverse effects, burning or otherwise. Flushing is about the only option. Unless you can get away with transplanting. But it interrupts everything. Its a necessary pain in the you know what when its easily avoided in the first place. Not as bad early on but when its late in the game it delays everything and throws the schedule all out of whack. Perhaps PH as well.

With larger vegging plants and plants into there flowering stages. At most I stick by recommended dosages or a touch under. Very seldom I will go above it. Once maturation is reached you gain a feel and it becomes easier to gauge things better by how the plants are looking and responding.

Last edited:
Emedicen

Emedicen

just be careful watering, when plants are that small in containers that are too big, it’s hard to water properly. that’s your issue.
i also see something which could be caused by the light? how close do you have it?
Their being grown outdoors

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Yours is definitely looking more indica leaning then mine. Where are the seeds from?

Top Bottom