Blue Dream, Organic Soil, Bestva 1500 Led

• Thread starter L0ki907
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L0ki907

L0ki907

Hey folks! I want to thank all of the experienced growers who share their knowledge and allow all of us to advance the cultivation of our favorite herb.

I've harvested 3 good crops so far, but spaced over time & using various methods. While the engineer in me will probably keep tinkering with hydro systems, I decided to make a solid effort at organic, no-till gardening.

I'm documenting my first full soil grow which will also coincide with my first full grow under LED lighting. I'm using the Bestva 1500 in a 4x4 tent for flower.

My soil recipe is as follows:
2 c.f. ProMix bt
1 c.f. organic material blend
3 cups nutrient mix

For my organic material blend, I mixed equal parts of EWC, Malibu compost & biochar.

For the nutrient mix, I used all Down to Earth components.
Alfalfa meal
Kelp meal
Neem meal
Crab meal
Greensand
Azomite
Bio-fish
Bio-live
Oyster shell

Once all the components were combined, I moistened it to slightly-damp sponge consistency with a bit over 2 gallons of the ACT my local grow shop keeps on constant vortex brew. Age 3-4 weeks, and plant.

The plant pictured is Blue Dream, and shes just settling her teeth into the new blend after transplant. She was in a 5 gal smart pot with 50/50 blend of FFOF/promix, I moved her to a 15 gallon and trimmed her up.

Once I positioned her under the netting, shes taking up over half of my tent. After seeing other threads, I'm feeling very optimistic about this run.

Average temps are nighttime 65 to daytime 78, average 50% rh during lights on.

Blue dream organic soil bestva 1500 led
L0ki907

L0ki907

And I have more than 3 grows under my belt, just 3 that I'll claim lol.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey folks! I want to thank all of the experienced growers who share their knowledge and allow all of us to advance the cultivation of our favorite herb.

I've harvested 3 good crops so far, but spaced over time & using various methods. While the engineer in me will probably keep tinkering with hydro systems, I decided to make a solid effort at organic, no-till gardening.

I'm documenting my first full soil grow which will also coincide with my first full grow under LED lighting. I'm using the Bestva 1500 in a 4x4 tent for flower.

My soil recipe is as follows:
2 c.f. ProMix bt
1 c.f. organic material blend
3 cups nutrient mix

For my organic material blend, I mixed equal parts of EWC, Malibu compost & biochar.

For the nutrient mix, I used all Down to Earth components.
Alfalfa meal
Kelp meal
Neem meal
Crab meal
Greensand
Azomite
Bio-fish
Bio-live
Oyster shell

Once all the components were combined, I moistened it to slightly-damp sponge consistency with a bit over 2 gallons of the ACT my local grow shop keeps on constant vortex brew. Age 3-4 weeks, and plant.

The plant pictured is Blue Dream, and shes just settling her teeth into the new blend after transplant. She was in a 5 gal smart pot with 50/50 blend of FFOF/promix, I moved her to a 15 gallon and trimmed her up.

Once I positioned her under the netting, shes taking up over half of my tent. After seeing other threads, I'm feeling very optimistic about this run.

Average temps are nighttime 65 to daytime 78, average 50% rh during lights on.
got to be careful with the neem cake,it will kill nemotodes,mix sounds pretty good,did the pro mix have lime in it also ,just curiouse,you all good there anyway ,im not seeing you add bone meal,bone meal and lime clash together,so one or other.
im feeling for you,i been at it all day mixing up Mels mix,5 difrent type of compost,peat moss ,vermiculite,1:1:1 on all them,it is a very light mix,i mean light,i would have done 2 parts compost but mama wanted to give the recipe a try like it is,fish bone would be the only other i would add to your list,if your running true organic,go to your local feed store and get some nemotodes,as long as you keep your tent under 80 they will thrive 75 is ideal,anyway hope this helps a tad,glad to have another organic farmer around

L0ki907

L0ki907

Here is a Princess Vortex who just moved from a 1 gallon of weak mix to a 12 gallon of the mix listed above. She's in the veg area under a 315 cmh, and currently supplemented with a 45w improved blooper board (ir+uv). I'll post a separate journal when she's ready.

20190406 090026
Reactions: Ina
L0ki907

L0ki907

The Blue Dream is filling her area nicely. But I hated the thought of wasted room in the flower tent, so I just dropped a Durban Poison in the gap.

Out of the 5 strains I have (all sativa), the Durb has the tightest internodal spacing, shes the easiest to clone, and reminds me a lot of the AK47 I ran in my first good harvest.

20190410 090355
20190410 092330
L0ki907

L0ki907

Hey all. I'm 3 weeks in to flower, and I'm loving how this girl is doing, with one minor exception.

In my excitement over getting some cuts from an excellent Super Lemon Haze, I brought spider mites into my garden. Our temps were still pretty low, so they weren't very active and quite sneaky.

I'm ordering some SM predators now, and making arrangements to keep the humidity high enough to support them.

20190430 141427
20190430 141458
20190430 141544
Reactions: Ina
FTCG

FTCG

Hey there, nice setup. Seems like it is always an issue bringing in genetics from outside your room. Always start from seed if you want the best chance at having zero pests.

About the mites, you don't have much of a canopy, so you should have an easy time dealing with them.

A trick I use, and a cheap one, is to put 3ml of olive oil per 1 litre of warm water im a spray bottle l, and hit the undersides of the leaves where you see mites. The fatty acids in the olive oil will dissolve the mites outer shell, and cause them to lose moisture and die.

Quick acting and organic. Skip any dish soap as that may contain certain oils that can damage your plants.

Spray bottoms only, or tops only, and a dollar store spray bottle should do fine for you.

Spray every few days for a week or two to get rid of the mites, and preventatively every 7 days after that.

Good luck with your grow.

MarkAlan420

MarkAlan420

Hey all. I'm 3 weeks in to flower, and I'm loving how this girl is doing, with one minor exception.

In my excitement over getting some cuts from an excellent Super Lemon Haze, I brought spider mites into my garden. Our temps were still pretty low, so they weren't very active and quite sneaky.

I'm ordering some SM predators now, and making arrangements to keep the humidity high enough to support them.
My blue dream cli es. She was put in flower by accident
Oh well.

20190508 122824

Latest posts

Top Bottom